Find
Notify
Tools

Battery charger
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Barry:

Are you and Jeff going to the LODRS at Vegas?

Have a great day!

Bob

Posts: 3168 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
For those that use the standard red / black welder style plugs on you cars we offer these nice charging lugs.

BUY CHARGING LUGS Here

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 88 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
If one is only interested in 12 volts as I am the Interacter ICS 1230 may work. it's also out of stock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nomad,

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I have had great service out of my CTek charger. Purchased in on April 1 2013.

[URL=CTEK 56-674 Battery Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004...p_Z6XOrzwpAk4c5]CTek Amazon[/URL]

CTek website

Mikey

Posts: 1710 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
If one is only interested in 12 volts as I am the Interacter ICS 1230 may work. it's also out of stock.

Yep, I’ve been waiting to purchase the Interacter 12v 10 Amp Professional Series Charger PS1210. Been out of stock since last year. I called the company in December and they said they’re waiting on parts.

Posts: 2633 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to cancel my Rock order, suck it up and pay the Moroso premium. Summit and Jegs has them in stock.

Posts: 638 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
did you check ATI?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
did you check ATI?

I went on their site but have not called them. Rock website says they are in stock also but they aren’t. If ATI has one in stock, I’ll order from them. Even with shipping it will be cheaper than the Moroso

Posts: 638 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the HF-1615 XS Charger and maintainer? It’s 215 bucks from Jegs.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5331 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Have you looked at the HF-1615 XS Charger and maintainer? It’s 215 bucks from Jegs.

I have the XS 1005 charger now but it's about 8 years old an I want the Interactor aka Rock/Moroso charger.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The newer CPU controlled chargers often times have what is called a switching power supply for converting the 110 down to whatever the charging voltage is. The old style chargers had a transformer in them for doing the voltage conversion.

The newer inverter power supplies want a nice clean sine wave AC signal to power them with. The older transformer input chargers were not as picky.

A lot of generators out there both inverter and old style do not produce a nice clean sine wave AC output voltage. They have what is called a modified sine wave output. These modified sine wave output generators do not always produce a clean enough signal to run a lot of the modern electronic devices, and a lot of the newer microprocessor controlled battery chargers are included in this category.

The generators that produce closer to or a pure sine wave cost more. Sometimes a lot more.

Everyone wants all the fancy computer controlled stuff to work off a generator at the track like it does at home. The only way to pull that off is to use either a generator or 110 volt inverter that has a pure sine wave output.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

I have the XS 1005 charger now but it's about 8 years old an I want the Interactor aka Rock/Moroso charger.

I have had the Rock/Moroso charger for 8 years and it has worker perfectly. Well worth the money IMO

Posts: 2523 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
The newer CPU controlled chargers often times have what is called a switching power supply for converting the 110 down to whatever the charging voltage is. The old style chargers had a transformer in them for doing the voltage conversion.

The newer inverter power supplies want a nice clean sine wave AC signal to power them with. The older transformer input chargers were not as picky.

A lot of generators out there both inverter and old style do not produce a nice clean sine wave AC output voltage. They have what is called a modified sine wave output. These modified sine wave output generators do not always produce a clean enough signal to run a lot of the modern electronic devices, and a lot of the newer microprocessor controlled battery chargers are included in this category.

The generators that produce closer to or a pure sine wave cost more. Sometimes a lot more.

Everyone wants all the fancy computer controlled stuff to work off a generator at the track like it does at home. The only way to pull that off is to use either a generator or 110 volt inverter that has a pure sine wave output.

Great information!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
The ones with wheels drag better to the staging lanes. Laughing Hard

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
The ones with wheels drag better to the staging lanes. Laughing Hard

Ha ha! Indeed.

I can sure understand the pure sine wave deal. Unfortunately most of the automatic chargers that won't overcharge are cpu style.
My fix has been....when we take the motorhome, to plug into the inverter/converter for the motorhome. It's new style and it seems to provide clean enough power to make things work.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
did you check ATI?

ATI had one left so I cancelled my direct Rock order. Rock still doesn't know when they will get them.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you have an opinion on the Honda EU series inverter generators for sine wave quality?

Posts: 2633 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:
did you check ATI?

ATI had one left so I cancelled my direct Rock order. Rock still doesn't know when they will get them.

Glad I was able to help.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
ATI was going to be my first call today. I was late, it appears. Not worthy

Bruce,

Thanks for contacting ATI.

We actually sold the last oner we had today. It would be about a week to get more in.

Thank You,
Rob Sappe
Sales Associate

ATI Performance Products, Inc.
6718 Whitestone Road
Baltimore, MD 21207
T: 410 298-4343 x.3040
F: 410 298-3579

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Do you have an opinion on the Honda EU series inverter generators for sine wave quality?

From mine and others tests the Honda Eu series of inverter generators have about a pure of sine wave inverter as there is out there.

Kind of goes back to my original post, yes they cost more, however there is a valid reason for that extra cost.

I have a CPE (Champion Power Equipment) 2000 watt inverter generator here now to check out. So far I have been pretty impressed with it. Have ran radios, laptops and other electronics off of it so far. Will be putting it under load and looking at it with the oscilloscope and frequency meter next. This will be the real test to see if the waveform is as close to the true sine wave that the Honda has and if the frequency, voltage or waveform changes under load.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post