Find
Notify
Tools

MFI pressure
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Only one guaranteed way to never tear up an engine. Do not work on one and diffently do not push one for every horsepower you can get.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4407 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
Who Ed, Triple Nickel?

Yep, never listens to anyone here, yet asks for advice, just go back and read his threads and IIRC, he had an issue with Tracy Dennis years ago too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
dyno while helpful it can also induce more wear on an engine than 10 runs. It is like everything else a tool. Hard to see N/A engine with mfi burning anything/ Heck I have thrown a big jet in one just to see if it would burn a piston/ Didn't happen. Now add the blower and yea can burn them up.

If tripple nickel did burn one up and not just hurt few rings or tweak a valve. There had to be more issues.

Posts: 4407 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
A few years back, I did a bunch of tests on my engine, including trying to find power by changing the pressure at which the fuel was injected into the intake. I tried low pressure big nozzles and high pressure small nozzles, in each case I was putting the same amount of fuel into the engine and in my tests, one didn't make any more power than the other. I really thought the high pressure would have made more power, but in my NA engine it didn't. I think the reason is because, over 1/2 the time, it is injecting into a closed valve. Now, I have found power in an EFI system by varying the timing of the injector.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1307 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea I have always wondered how you change. account for or make the closed valve part work better. EFI is the only way I know of. Although not bracket racing related. We are looking at how to keep the a/fuel car from having issues with the same thing.If think a small alky system pumps a bunch of fuel on the valve. Think about it with 40 gpm pump and 28 going into the motor with 2 .055 and one .042 to .050 nozzle setup. two of which are at the valve.

Thanks for info on finding with hi and low pressure systems.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
dyno while helpful it can also induce more wear on an engine than 10 runs. It is like everything else a tool. Hard to see N/A engine with mfi burning anything/ Heck I have thrown a big jet in one just to see if it would burn a piston/ Didn't happen. Now add the blower and yea can burn them up.

If tripple nickel did burn one up and not just hurt few rings or tweak a valve. There had to be more issues.

I do not agree, on a dyno you can tell if it is detonating or hurting the motor. You monitor a bunch of variables and usually catch them before it hurts anything. you will not be so lucky on the track. You can learn so much on a dyno that will take months at the track. You are taking traction, wind, weight, track prep, gear ratios, transmission all of that out of the picture and able to look at raw data from the motor.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Darin Morgan on methanol.

Start at 55 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjAgtxstcM

Posts: 108 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
at 1:02 there is comment that fits a few folks here.

A lot of good info in video

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Darin Morgan is NOT the guy to consult about bracket racing nor bracket cars! This is

BRACKET TALK not wanna be heads up talk

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well Eddy, this is the "Tech Talk section" of the "Bracket Talk Forum". Why do you have a problem with asking a technical question about MFI pressure running methanol?

I guess the forum owner/moderator should refer to you for the appropriate subjects in the technical section. Like only gasoline and carburetor related topics. Maybe the forum owner should make you a moderator so you can delete all the post you don't feel are appropriate and clean the place up. It should work out well for them having everything on point.

Yea, we are not a professional pipe rack racers, but my sons and I have a good time racing our car as a hobby.

Posts: 108 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Not the guy to listen to, he’s already burnt up at least 1 engine on the dyno with MFI.

If that’s the criteria used to evaluate posts, then you should never post again with your two rods kicked out of engines in two years. “Down on power” so run it again and kick the rods out, smart!!! Can’t even keep a professionally built crate engine together.

Truth and Facts:

Power Tool

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
p u s s y

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^I'm a Wanna-Be Bracket Racer. I was to Chicken Little to race the Numidia 150 & so was my Firechicken!^^^

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2699 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong and says the clueless broke dyck who's procharged POS that barely accelerates his shyt box into the 9's was broken, a no show, did not compete come the one race he talks about all year, the Spring Fling yet he never goes deep in the rounds, never sniffed a final round at this event no mind won and this shytbox hasn't been on a race track in 5 months!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Darin Morgan is NOT the guy to consult about bracket racing nor bracket cars! This is

BRACKET TALK not wanna be heads up talk

The whole video referenced is about port size, volume and requirements for different induction systems. While I know little to tech for edna. How in the hell does anyone get that does not apply to a bracket race engine just because the car has a dial in?

Have you not heard? Anyone's car can identify as a bracket car if it ants to.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
A few years back, I did a bunch of tests on my engine, including trying to find power by changing the pressure at which the fuel was injected into the intake. I tried low pressure big nozzles and high pressure small nozzles, in each case I was putting the same amount of fuel into the engine and in my tests, one didn't make any more power than the other. I really thought the high pressure would have made more power, but in my NA engine it didn't. I think the reason is because, over 1/2 the time, it is injecting into a closed valve. Now, I have found power in an EFI system by varying the timing of the injector.

Prior to switching from MFI to EFI, I ran the ECU as Data Acquisition to determine a starting point for AFR programming in EFI. Once programmed and in use, I looked at the Duty Cycle to see how well the injector size selection and fuel pressure setting was working at wot and maximum rpm. For mine it was 79% Duty Cycle with 5.30 afr programmed (methanol scale) in the very best air (-700 DA) that I’ve experienced in 2021. Last weekend it was 76% Duty Cycle with 5.20 afr programmed in 4300’ DA. From what I’ve read 80% is good “maximum” number.

You wrote that varying the injector timing could produce more HP. What effect does Duty Cycle setting have on HP, if any? What fuel pressure settings do you prefer when using EFI?

Posts: 2611 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you not heard? Anyone's car can identify as a bracket car if it ants to.

Wrong but you wouldn't know, you don't have a bracket car nor are you a bracket racer

quote:
Ok I am not a bracket racer

what you are is an illiterate redneck idiot!

Rich knows it...

quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
endless posts asking about mostly meaningless BS

Billy knows it...

quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I would say 100% of these conversation-starter posts are just a way to humble-brag about your combination consisting of obsolete alcohol hemi parts and how you made 1/2 of them by hand.

YT knows it...
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
I'm sorry but I gotta agree. you just to come up with fairly lame excuses for not racing.

He knows it...
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
1320 I don't know him and he don't know me, but he's not wrong.

Al knows it...

quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
All of your posts ask this or that and 99.9% don't apply to bracket racing topics.

Last, use spell and grammar check before you post! Ya,, we all aren't spelling and grammar experts, but you take the cake for sure.

Paul knows it...

quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
What cracks me up with you wideopen231, you keep posting one right after another and sometimes you answer your own f u c king questions.

So to use your words…

“If it is not a bracket race related thread why are you here?”

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
AGAIN TO PISS YOU OFF EDNA. Judging from fact you can not resist reply and being a repeat like your brother mike.

It is working great. now go stomp around and scream little more then get back to us.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong again, I'm just trying to help you, our illiterate redneck idiot, who admittingly is NOT a bracket racer nor has a bracket car, find the right forum

http://www.frontenginedragster...x.php/board,8.0.html

for your home built, POS, FED with MFI atop a scrap pile hemi, lit by a magneto so you stop wasting your time here a get the answers and guidance you so desperately need but I have a hunch they will laugh at you too Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
1st rule of helping is knowing something. Sorry you are not qualified.

Not sure how else to explain. pissing you off is just cheap entertainment.