DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Help with choosing heads
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with choosing heads
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Does this mean that Mike has "out-Ed'ed" even Ed?

Falling of chair laughing

With all due respect, Ed has had his moments, but until he gets outperformed by a 6.50 index(1/8th mile)car, punts the finish line block, then follows it up by making libelous remarks to everybody but the trash can emptier guy at a fine race track......he is simply not in the same league.

Plus, Ed is willing to travel more than 5 miles from his own driveway to back up his words.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
But would you really spend the money to make this head work with a good solid cam or wouldn’t you sell these heads and buy a better head already capable of handling the better cam

Posts: 32 | Location: Zachary | Registered: November 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
how many of us have to tell you YES before you get the message? I think it doesn't matter how many do, its clear you want BIGGER heads, so buy them and for all your $ and effort your truck won't fall out of a tree without making a cam and converter change.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:

With all due respect, Ed has had his moments, but until he gets outperformed by a 6.50 index(1/8th mile)car, punts the finish line block, then follows it up by making libelous remarks to everybody but the trash can emptier guy at a fine race track......he is simply not in the same league.

Plus, Ed is willing to travel more than 5 miles from his own driveway to back up his words.

I appreciate ya promoting my high gear only 6.50 index tune Mitch, thanks.

Ah ha ha ha! The block that was "punted" according to your delusions is sitting on the finish line behind the cars unmoved. Self evident Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
how many of us have to tell you YES before you get the message? I think it doesn't matter how many do, its clear you want BIGGER heads, so buy them and for all your $ and effort your truck won't fall out of a tree without making a cam and converter change.

Sorry to get your blood pressure up little fellow.

I’m changing the cam to a race cam, just seamed like a fair question to ask if some race heads where a better choice. I don’t really want to have $1800 in a street head when there’s a better head out there I could be using. I’m sure 190cc isn’t the head of choice in the racing world although they do work really well in this truck.

Posts: 32 | Location: Zachary | Registered: November 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fatboy81:
But would you really spend the money to make this head work with a good solid cam or wouldn’t you sell these heads and buy a better head already capable of handling the better cam

You have already gotten some good advice from folks that know a LOT more than me, especially where small block stuff is concerned. One thing I do know as well as anybody is...…

Think it over, and be SURE where you want to end up before you spend another dime. Once you are certain of where you want to go NOW, not maybe go eventually, then ask the questions on the most efficient way to get there.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike this story has to be more interesting than your delusionals about a foam block you claim you didn't punt

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike this story has to be more interesting than your delusionals about a foam block you claim you didn't punt

It's self evident. The finish line block is sitting on the finish line behind the cars un - moved.

Like the original call said declaring the Nova winner 45 minutes before the wagon was put back in the race, on a made up out of thin air story.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very achievable with just a cam change but depending on what the converter flashes to and drops to after the shift now, it may need a tweek. I'm guessing the converter is loose now so the right cam would only improve it's efficiency.

The only way the converter gets more efficient with a cam change, is if the engine makes more power, goes faster and cross's at higher RPM - MPH.

What kind of midget are you Ed to feel the need to go back nearly three decades in an attempt to smear someone because they used an elementary performance fundamental to point out a flaw in the bad tech your giving out?

What kind of midget plays the game like that Ed?

That's one thing you'll never see from me Ed.

There's nothing personal about performance fundamentals.

Performance fundamentals shouldn't offend you either Ed.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sorry to get your blood pressure up little fellow.

I’m changing the cam to a race cam, just seamed like a fair question to ask if some race heads where a better choice. I don’t really want to have $1800 in a street head when there’s a better head out there I could be using. I’m sure 190cc isn’t the head of choice in the racing world although they do work really well in this truck.

got no time for clueless people that ask for advice but really don't want advice, rather want confirmation of what they already decided to do.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
It’s all back to normal, I love this place. Haha

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
got no time for clueless people that ask for advice but really don't want advice, rather want confirmation of what they already decided to do.[/QUOTE]

I think we can all agree we are glad he ran out of time, Poor little fello must have been late for his nap!

Thanks guys for all the help and special thanks to you Chad for taking time to talk to me and steer me in the right direction. I see why your business is so popular, you’re a class act!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fatboy81, don't sweat this guy, he doesn't even build his own power plant.

What I suggested is it seems to run pretty decent for what it is now. If you wanna speed it up, you can do a little head and intake work, maybe a little gear, especially if the track is going 1/8 mile. I'd ride out with what you have a little.

One thing you don't wanna do is buy several different sets of cylinder heads as your program grows. You wanna plan for down the road a little. I wouldn't be afraid of a roller camshaft around 600 after lash with the Promaxx head. If you're gonna buy a set of cylinder heads buy something radical for some real gains in power down the line.

I just did this engine for a guy and told him the same, if you're gonna buy something, buy the best. This is a set of BES All Pro RR heads that flow 385, we'll spin it 8500 9000 rpm. The camshaft is just under an inch of lift.

Good luck

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

What I suggested is it seems to run pretty decent for what it is now. If you wanna speed it up, you can do a little head and intake work, maybe a little gear, especially if the track is going 1/8 mile. I'd ride out with what you have a little.

One thing you don't wanna do is buy several different sets of cylinder heads as your program grows. You wanna plan for down the road a little. I wouldn't be afraid of a roller camshaft around 600 after lash with the Promaxx head. If you're gonna buy a set of cylinder heads buy something radical for some real gains in power down the line.

I just did this engine for a guy and told him the same, if you're gonna buy something, buy the best. This is a set of BES All Pro RR heads that flow 385, we'll spin it 8500 9000 rpm. The camshaft is just under an inch of lift.

Good luck

Thanks man! I’ll keep you up to dated on how it runs. That’s a fine piece there! This engine is for my 16year old little girl so I don’t want her going to fast, just need to go fast enough to keep up with her little brothers car so I don’t hear her complaining

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Good luck

Thanks man! I’ll keep you up to dated on how it runs. That’s a fine piece there! This engine is for my 16year old little girl so I don’t want her going to fast, just need to go fast enough to keep up with her little brothers car so I don’t hear her complaining

Good Man, keep up the good work.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
And just like that...everything's back to normal.

Tip PC

Dancing Cat

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
DRR has some personality/personalities again. I don't always agree with Ed & we have had our fair share of clashes. I'm glad he's back & turned down his attitude a little bit. As for the few other's with that special personality, I'm glad there here also. There's good knowledge from all, many different ways to skin a cat. You just have to figure out a way to filter out the BS.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2548 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
And just like that...everything's back to normal.

Tip PC

Dancing Cat

Normal is good....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1399 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Heck yea it is...sure you had to know that clash was coming...

Head choices matter too!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Maybe the two egotistical a$$h0les can start their own post and just MF each other all day on it...that way those people that, for some reason, enjoy mindless conflict can go there and get their fix...and the rest of us can continue conversing like sane adults....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4465 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post