Notify
Tools

PSA
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I suspect they too are made in china as there is no statement that they are made in the USA.

From their website
"All of our products are designed, engineered and manufactured under one roof in Bowling Green, KY."

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
quote:
I suspect they too are made in china as there is no statement that they are made in the USA.

From their website
"All of our products are designed, engineered and manufactured under one roof in Bowling Green, KY."

There ya have it.. Get ahold of Cody Spears, he seems to be one of the go to guys to get a set of these.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
quote:

From their website

Well, there's that but.....LOL.
Or they can just keep breaking wheels. Some folks you just can't help.
I suspect there will be a snarky response to this since it is the standard mode of operation.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I read that but I've also read similar from other companies whose products aren't made in the USA, rather they finished, or assembled or boxed here.

Most companies today whose products are infact made here are proud to put that on their website in bold type and with an American flag.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm not interested in their wheels.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pro Stars are ugly......but never seen one crack LOL

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
FTD Customs are forged in USA. Machined in Tennessee. Lifetime warranty.

https://ftdcustoms.com/sr-71-d...eels-black-anodized/

Just Say'n

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott. Not familar with them but a lifetime warranty has my attention.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
FTD seems to make nice stuff as well.. Is RBZ Billet made in USA?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tell me again; Why did we get rid of those Cemterlines?? lol...

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
rolled on them throughout the 90s.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the "F" in FTD stands for Fuqua, but I might be wrong. I know Blake puts up many pics of wheels on FB so I would bet they are made in Tennessee.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
quote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the "F" in FTD stands for Fuqua, but I might be wrong. I know Blake puts up many pics of wheels on FB so I would bet they are made in Tennessee.

Correct, Hendersonville, TN.

Doesn't look like he makes rears though.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
First thing i thought of was the "Spinwerks" deal. What is it going to take, someone to die due to a wheel failure. Put some meat in them wheels. Looks might get you injured or killed.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
My Weld Magnum Pro's are SFI cert'd with stickers on them.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
FUQUA…..FTW….

Posts: 1263 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I prefer to use a front wheel not known for cracking but that's just me. My China made front Racestars from Jegs were affordable, are still round and not cracked. I will leave it at that, everyone makes their own choices. 1600+ lbs on them. Main thing to learn here: check your lightweight wheels for cracks, often.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
thanks Ed for posting this I have mine off now will ne looking at them very closely while I polish them up

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Americans on mine but I guess they don’t make them anymore. My partner in crime wrecked his dragster because of a Weld. They are gorgeous but I’m not running them.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jason Haley
posted Hide Post
As someone who lives pretty close to the BG area and is friends with a gentleman that works at RC Components, I can tell you their drag race wheels are made in house.

That being said, FTD Customs and RBZ Billet also make some really nice pieces. They're both in the Nashville area.

Slow S-10
Slower Cutlass

Posts: 40 | Location: Smiths Grove, KY | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
quote:

That would be correct. Mike and Blake Fuqua.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post