DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Radial Front Runners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Radial Front Runners
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Anyone running radial front runners on their door car?

I've been running radial slicks for about 15 years & decided my next set of front runners would be the same. 

https://proshop.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3851

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2569 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Do you think radial fronts could be used with bias rears?

Posts: 2478 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
As long as you run radials rear..
Mixing could be an issue.
Radials don’t give, bias doo, be interesting to see some input here.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Many running rear radials are using bias fronts that work properly being mixed, just saying.

Posts: 2478 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used to run bias fronts and rears, for several years now I have run radial fronts and bias rears, I have seen no difference except I get a lot more life out of the radial fronts.

Posts: 298 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
I used to run bias fronts and rears, for several years now I have run radial fronts and bias rears, I have seen no difference except I get a lot more life out of the radial fronts.

Thanks Scott!

I've been running mixed since switching to radials with no issues. I'm assuming there will be no issues with running radials up front. The only thing I have read is some people not liking them coming down from a wheelie, no reason(s) given.

M & M,

I think we are fine with mixing because we are running straight a line. I think it might be an issue for the knuckle heads over driving their race vehicles. Maybe someone will chime in on your question of radials in front/bias rear. OOPS, I forgot they did qtrrcr!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2569 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BKIng ,
those are new but way out of my price range ! Especially when converted to Aussie peso .
I am a ways slower than you so run a 185R15 street radial , have done for years .
As those MT are LT I dont see a speed rating , yes we dont maintain a high speed but something to think of . Hope they are better than some of the other MT front radials I have seen .

Tex

Posts: 63 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tex013:
BKIng ,
those are new but way out of my price range ! Especially when converted to Aussie peso .
I am a ways slower than you so run a 185R15 street radial , have done for years .
As those MT are LT I dont see a speed rating , yes we dont maintain a high speed but something to think of . Hope they are better than some of the other MT front radials I have seen .

Tex

That's a good catch Tex! I will contact M/T before purchasing.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Tex013:
BKIng ,

Tex

That's a good catch Tex! I will contact M/T before purchasing.

2BKING
Relaxing

I emailed M/T today about the tire in the OP & gave them the part #. I explained my cars weight & the MPH it runs. Below is the response, take it for what it is!

"None of our drag tires, including the fronts, are going to have a speed rating due to their intended use. In the ¼ mile it is whatever speed you can throw at them, for normal driving they are tested up to 80mph for sustained speeds."

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436