DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Start line enhancers on cars driven to and from the lanes
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Start line enhancers on cars driven to and from the lanes
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Both our cars use a separate red mushroom button that is tapped the moment the car is prestaged.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
And that's why I always thought the SLE could hinder your RT on a pro tree by not getting fully on the chip before the transbrake released.

I guarantee the SLE gets my car on the chip quicker after setting the transbrake than a human being could possibly do it.

My S/ST car does not have a SLE and I can handle the process just fine. But I have one on my dragster and I like the way it works.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Good to know. See we do learn stuff on Bracket talk Big Grin

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted Hide Post
Gday,
Thanks guys!
I think any queries are answered!

Posts: 42 | Location: gracemere, qld, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Same as Tony, on the chip way quicker than I can do it.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Of course it’s quicker, there is no debating it AND on the chip at exactly the same moment in the starting sequence every time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I ran a Ron's Terminator on 2 different cars

Throttle response is blisteringly quick....and there's no way you'd have an issue if the thing is tuned right.....and that's as easy as can be to get right....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
So let me ask a dumb question. When using a SLE on a Pro tree, do you have a button to press before you fully stage that activates the SLE to a predetermined RPM (setting) then when you stage and press the TB button, the SLE goes back to full throttle (provided you have your foot to the floor) ?

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I thought so. Now to the second part of my question. Would it be safe to assume that most of the drivers that use a SLE on a Pro tree like to stage LAST ?

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t know, haven’t done that poll

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Relaxing

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Wild West 2:
I thought so. Now to the second part of my question. Would it be safe to assume that most of the drivers that use a SLE on a Pro tree like to stage LAST ?

I don't see why it would matter one way or the other. I'm generally first to prestage and last to get all the way in because of my routine, but I don't care at all. If I'm in first, I wouldn't get on the button right away without the SLE either.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This^^^

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Killer Pigley .053 light at Maple Grove! Guess them numerous Pathetic .03x - .04x lights last year wasn't slow enough & had to raise the bar.

You need to focus on something other than the SLE. You can thank me with a Keyboard Racer or Special EDiot response or not! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
leave my son out of this broke dyck. we had a mechanical failure that round, NBD. Meanwhile he'd embarrass you on both ends of the track for as long as you want to get your ass handed to you! he's got the skills and he's won more money, more wallys and more championships than you could ever hope to!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
YOU are welcome & triggered.

1320 Keyboard Racer & Special EDiot doesn't like the REAL Truth & Facts about the Pigley's. I'll tell YOU what don't want to here & that's a Fact!

Post up some of them 2022 Slow Poke Pathetic lights; you don't, I will. Wink

Again...it isn't the SLE you need to be worried about.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again, I'll kick your ass on and off the track..FACT!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
YOU are welcome & triggered! Wink

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
ediot posts up the one decent light time slip a year from 2021....This buffoon is just too easy to make look like the fool he is.....
No fun picking on a 'tard..

And did you notice his stepson's girlfriend is taller than ediot? I know, not hard to do Laughing Hard

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post