DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Holley Pro Dominator SBC Tunnel RAM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holley Pro Dominator SBC Tunnel RAM
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Holley Pro Dominator Tunnel Ram Sbc Did they make single 4500 carburetor top for this intake ?

Posts: 34 | Location: rubicn wi. | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
no

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have never seen one. I made a top for mine to turn the throttle bodies 90 degrees.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Maybe this guy will make you what you want.

https://417motorsports.net/pro...orts-sheet-metal-top

1.34 9.42@ 142.41 1.29 5.97 @ 114.00 @ #3251 Better in 2022
427 BBC by S&S Speed Center, AFD, Enderle MFI by Spud Miller
Trackside Products, Sepanek Racing T400, Dynamic converter, Autoweld, Santhuff, Smith Racecraft,
His real name is Richard but they call it "**** Fords Body Shop"

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
Maybe this guy will make you what you want.

https://417motorsports.net/pro...orts-sheet-metal-top

That's a lot nicer and functional and more expensive than what I made. Those intakes had more or less a flat top to them originally. So I made mine out of 1/2" aluminum and milled it to shape, and incorporated a leg for mounting the throttle cable. But a single is going to have poor air distribution without a tapered top like you show.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I ran one back in the 80's and 90's with duel 1050 doms on a 394 SBC. Made a tapered top for a single 1050 also. It would ET a little quicker with the single or run more MPH with the duels.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks on the information. going look more at Edelbrock Victor Ram Intake Manifolds 7070 an make a top for it a raised and tapered inside

Posts: 34 | Location: rubicn wi. | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I never had a v ram. But many say it is a superior tunnel ram.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo