DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Importance of a quality transmission fluid
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Importance of a quality transmission fluid
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lightcutter:
Can the 295 be used in a street driven th400?

The 3400lb truck twin turbo truck has a turbo 400 and doesnt get over 160 when being street driven. And if he could figure out how to build boost in less than 5-8 seconds, he wouldnt see the temps he does.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 329L,

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
SO WHAT WOULD TEMP DIFFERENCE IN TRANSYND 265, MOBIL1 DEXRON VI, and type F be. Understand it's not exactly the same in all situations and a combination of parts and vehicle.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4197 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
SO WHAT WOULD TEMP DIFFERENCE IN TRANSYND 265, MOBIL1 DEXRON VI, and type F be. Understand it's not exactly the same in all situations and a combination of parts and vehicle.

Coolest to warmest in your order. The synthetics do a much better job at getting rid of the heat than dino oil.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I found the switch from F to transynd to be around 15 degrees.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
OK after reading through all this, I have a question. When I Googled Transynd 668 the only thing that comes up is Castrol branded. Is this what you all are using?

Yes

Posts: 2434 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's amazing that similar oils can have up to a 10% higher coefficient of heat transfer. Very impressive.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chevron Delo has an approved fluid and I’m sure mobile Delvac will have one just like they did for the 295 fluid. I’ve never used Castrol on anything.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4515 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Amsoil has made the same claim since transynd first hit the market in 2004. Bottom line is they are just baseless claims and GM/Allison have not approved them in anyway in their transmissions to provide the same performance as TES-295

I ran Amsoil once for one race. What I saw on the data recorder didn't make me happy. It was as if the clutch engagment slowed down. After that it was back to the ATI/Driven stuff.

Yea, but Amsoil is generally trash, and i wouldnt put it in my lawnmower. But i am not a fan of them, or their snake oil salesmen.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post