Originally posted by Larry Woodfin: Mechanically, it is race-ready and expected to perform well and illuminate the win lights. The body and paint are weak; thus "Roughly Square"
Brilliant!
"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular." Dave Cook N375
Posts: 4501 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008
Markemark, yes, I have drilled holes in the floor to give easy access to the upper bolts, plus built a custom rear crossmember that only has a through bolt and tab on each side. Trans R & R is easy.
Also have an engine mid-plate, so the engine goes in first from the top and the trans from the bottom.
And another plus: the forward exit header solves all the S-10 problems associated with a big tube header. Oil filter, spark plugs, starter- all unbolt; no hassle.
Down the road, when the engine needs to be removed, I will modify the front crossmember. Installing the diaper is a problem. I plan to cut out the large factory crossmember and replace it with two pieces of tubing.
Larry, I'm kind of ignorant on rear suspensions - does that round tube above the rear frame rails function as a torsion bar? Or just a means of facilitating the function of the ARB?
EDIT: I guess tubing can't be a torsion bar, so just a mounting point for the ARB?This message has been edited. Last edited by: SlyFox,
Mike
Posts: 2789 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005