DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ihra prohibits deep staging?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ihra prohibits deep staging?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Beaver Springs Dragway has been running "Top Beaver" for yeeeears. Winners of Top, Modified, Bike, and Street run off for extra money, W/RU. On holiday weekends, it pays $1,000 just to win Top Beaver.

Before that, back in the '90s, we had the Sweitzer's Top Gun Shootout. There were six weekend per year that you'd have a Top Gun runoff, and then at the end of the year, there was a runoff amongst the six Top Gun winners. That's where I got my open trailer that I still use today! Awesome deal.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Since this thread has moved a bit toward how some tracks/events are combining the final round winners in each eliminator, it is giving me a flashback. A flashback from WAY back. Back in the late 1970s, 75-80 Dragway used to have what they called Top Dog. It wasn't run every weekend, just about once a month (but they did still have regular weekly bracket races). There were four bracket eliminators, back in those days: Super Pro, Pro, Heavy, and Street. The difference was in the dial-ins, not the equipment allowed. At Top Dog events, after regular eliminations were complete, and the three eliminator winners had been determined, the four winners were thrown together for two rounds to determine the "Top Dog". Folks loved it.

What was once old is now new again. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

And NHRA calls this King Of The Track now. For the most part it pays 0$, just a jacket and a Wally. Still fun to do though. Happens once per year at NHRA tracks.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
They are not going to get 100 Box/100 No-Box, because most No-Box feel they are at a disadvantage against a Box car. It's an incentive to try to get No-Box racers to try running a Box race.

Here’s the class Byron Dragway offers for this. The class is called Super Pro. It runs together with a Super Pro Box side and a Super Pro No-Box side separated. They run until there is only one Box and one No-Box left. Those two racers run for the WIN /RU money. If one side has more entries than the other, the side that is down to one racer has to wait for the other side to get to one. One BB to second rd and no double entry. 8 to 9 rounds to Win.

Local track tried this one weekend. Granted they have trouble understanding bracket racing rules in general! It turned out 2 or 3 cars entered the footbrake side of the race. It took a while before anyone started to realize what was happening. track paid the footbrake loser an undisclosed amount to leave the property before the fight broke out.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I guess IHRA allowed deep staging at their event this weekend.

So all of the negative comments toward IHRA can be rescinded.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Deep staging will be allowed at the Sportsman Spectacular at Keystone in 2 weeks as well. Pre-entry ends tomorrow night, $150 for a $10K and $5K.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Has IHRA finally come to their senses and allow

Deep Staging in the Bracket Racing classes????

Brenda

Brenda Taylor

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Yes, they changed the rule for their Sportsman Spectacular events. I was deep staging at their event at Dragway 42 this weekend, and had no problems.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good to hear someone came to their senses a little.....as far as for me,,,It doesnt matter but I do have 2 slow car racers and a Jr car that deepstages....that counted them out for a couple of races that are close.

Posts: 1551 | Location: v*** | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tim griffith:
Good to hear someone came to their senses a little.....as far as for me,,,It doesnt matter but I do have 2 slow car racers and a Jr car that deepstages....that counted them out for a couple of races that are close.

They refuse to go race if the tree isn't held for them? Must not want to race very bad,

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No mike, They love racing more than anyone I know. Even the little one but we just have other options. If it was left up to them, it wouldnt matter but at the end of the day, its the bottom line that counts to me. And "ME" is the one footing the bill. With them not being able to deepstage, it puts them at a serious disadvantage. With them not being able to deepstage, they might knock off one or two, but most likely, cant get thru the wh0le field.

Ive always treated this sport in this manner,,,I dont choose fights i cant win. There is no reason to put yourself behind the 8 ball from the start with all the options open to us.

And, there are more options open to us --"the customer". We have numerous tracks in the area running so we will choose accordingly.

Posts: 1551 | Location: v*** | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
PS Mike Beard---Unless there is an update, just got back word that the Ihra race this weekend "IS NOT" going allow deepstaging. I asked the one that responded to my question to reconfirm Ihra`s position in case there has been a recent update that he/she wasnt aware of....and its still on the flyer "not allowed"

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am at Wilksboro right now and there is a sign in staging indicating courtesy staging which about kills going deep. But, locals say they have no trouble deepstaging here normally.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
can you go ask someone in charge......this is the reply i got back couple of hours ago... I asked "if it was a closed event (pre pay only) and are you allowed to deepstage??" and the reply was.........

"You can come in & race if you’re a IHRA no deep stage"

courtesy no problem....way it should be

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did. Straight from Div director “no deep staging” and auto start will be on. That’s all I can do

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Just curious ....... Tim and Fern..... (and I didn't go thru all the posts beforehand) ..... other than 'them' stating "No Deep Staging" ....... what is/are the reason(s) for not allowing deepstaging at these events.

Is there a possible 'common sense answer'?

thanks,

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I didn’t ask. It was kind of like “what difference does it make, have you ever seen a deep stager win a race”. Really? I mentioned Tim and could have went on to Steve Taylor, Steve Stites, myself, you, Bud McNasby, Jeff Flood ($30,000 race winner going deep). This list could go on forever.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In the IHRA rulebook it states that you can deepstage in footbrake

Brenda Taylor

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
ISTAGING: A rider must move forward into the stage beam, and cannot back into the stage beam. Any rider backing into the stage beam to set the
tree will be disqualified. In order to win a round you must stage your bike under power, even if your opponent is broke and unable to stage. If for
some reason you are held up by a track official such as: cleaning or getting debris from the track, waiting for slow bikes to clear the track, your
engine is too hot to race, tires too cold, etc., let an official know immediately. Once you stage, it is a race. Courtesy staging is enforced in 4.60 Index
only. Deep staging is permitted in all classes, but the starter will not hold the tree found this for 2018: CAN THEY EVER MAKE UP THEIR MIND ???

Brenda Taylor

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It is really stupid to allow it at one race,and then the next race they don't.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sure making an issue of it here