DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 817 818 819 820
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join
 
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
All of that makes for a real down time about family. I am lucky that I have always been able to forget the past completely, boom its gone! You need to talk to that car as its not holding up its end of the deal.
 
Posts: 14086 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of BTR69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
You need to talk to that car as its not holding up its end of the deal.


LOL... I take credit for the failed parts. Car/engine gave me fair warning when shutting down in front of trailer, so for that I'm appreciative. For most of the first full year I had it in the new trailer (2016-2017), I never opened the door. When I did it was covered in water like a heavy dew had fallen. My other enclosed trailer never had condensation, but the new one does. I did fix that afterwards. Bottom line, I believe the condensation allowed moisture to enter headers and get into open exhaust valves. Before even turning engine over, I used a borescope through spark plug holes and didn't see anything of concern, but I couldn't see the tops of any valves. Robbie tells me some of the exhaust side are pitted up top, so I'm sure that's where the cracked valve comes from. All cylinders looked good to me, but then again, I'm not the expert. #8 cracked hole may be from that storage time as well?


William Kilduff NHRA 2011
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
 
Posts: 461 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BTR69:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
You need to talk to that car as its not holding up its end of the deal.


LOL... I take credit for the failed parts. Car/engine gave me fair warning when shutting down in front of trailer, so for that I'm appreciative. For most of the first full year I had it in the new trailer (2016-2017), I never opened the door. When I did it was covered in water like a heavy dew had fallen. My other enclosed trailer never had condensation, but the new one does. I did fix that afterwards. Bottom line, I believe the condensation allowed moisture to enter headers and get into open exhaust valves. Before even turning engine over, I used a borescope through spark plug holes and didn't see anything of concern, but I couldn't see the tops of any valves. Robbie tells me some of the exhaust side are pitted up top, so I'm sure that's where the cracked valve comes from. All cylinders looked good to me, but then again, I'm not the expert. #8 cracked hole may be from that storage time as well?



BTR, use yellow top oven cleaner to clean stainless headers. Works pretty well.


California Screaming!
Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 6929 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of BTR69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BTR69:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:


BTR, use yellow top oven cleaner to clean stainless headers. Works pretty well.


Thanks. Been considering steel wool. I'll check out the oven cleaner. Hoping to put a coating on them to help keep them looking nice.


William Kilduff NHRA 2011
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
 
Posts: 461 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I was booked up for the weekend so no racetrack. Got the motor home back and am pretty unhappy with the awning installation. Not square and not closing properly. The people at that shop weren't very bright so my concerns fell on def ears. I brought it home and will straighten it out myself I hope. Don't know if I mentioned it before but for some reason my batteries in the race car went dead. I could find nothing on to cause that so I took them out, got them fully charged, load tested them and they tested good. Will put them back today. Love this cool weather. Everyone stay safe. B y the way sorry to hear that the original founder of Mooresville dragway died last week. I knew Dub Leasure for many years and he was a good person for racers and the sport. 96 years old, RIP
 
Posts: 14086 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. This is Floyds son Marty.
I am sorry to report that my dad has moved on to that great dragstrip in the sky.
He passed away peacefully in the middle of the night in his sleep on Sept 2nd; in his home, in his recliner, with his dog in his lap - just the way he wanted to go.
He was not sick or suffering in any way. He simply ran out of gas.
Do a burnout for him when you can. He's surely watching.

Race in Peace Dad
 
Posts: 7173 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Good morning everyone. This is Floyds son Marty.
I am sorry to report that my dad has moved on to that great dragstrip in the sky.
He passed away peacefully in the middle of the night in his sleep on Sept 2nd; in his home, in his recliner, with his dog in his lap - just the way he wanted to go.
He was not sick or suffering in any way. He simply ran out of gas.
Do a burnout for him when you can. He's surely watching.

Race in Peace Dad


Thanks Marty, for posting & I'll dedicate my upcoming race to your dad. RIP Floyd Staggs!

Mike English did post a thread on your dad.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/for...5460652/m/4077086307

2BKING Smile

Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 4043 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ah thank you and thank you @Mike English.

Sorry for the redundant post.

Marty
 
Posts: 7173 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We're glad you posted & it's in your dads favorited thread! Hopefully you chime in occasionally.

2BKING Smile


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 4043 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Good morning everyone. This is Floyds son Marty.
I am sorry to report that my dad has moved on to that great dragstrip in the sky.
He passed away peacefully in the middle of the night in his sleep on Sept 2nd; in his home, in his recliner, with his dog in his lap - just the way he wanted to go.
He was not sick or suffering in any way. He simply ran out of gas.
Do a burnout for him when you can. He's surely watching.

Race in Peace Dad


Sorry for your family's loss Marty.
 
Posts: 5755 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I knew this a couple of days after it happened. I am one year older than he was and we always had a good time on here. I truly miss him as my lifelong best friend had died last year....Getting lonely for us old guys. Stay in touch Marty and take care of his little dog.
 
Posts: 14086 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of BTR69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Good morning everyone. This is Floyds son Marty.
I am sorry to report that my dad has moved on to that great dragstrip in the sky.
He passed away peacefully in the middle of the night in his sleep on Sept 2nd; in his home, in his recliner, with his dog in his lap - just the way he wanted to go.
He was not sick or suffering in any way. He simply ran out of gas.
Do a burnout for him when you can. He's surely watching.

Race in Peace Dad


My sincere condolences to you and your family Marty. Really enjoyed reading Floyds commentary when he'd chime in over here. Would love to have met him in person. He seemed like a real genuine good dude. New slicks going on my hotrod once I get the engine back in. Will designate the 1st burnout/pass for him....


William Kilduff NHRA 2011
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
 
Posts: 461 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of BTR69
posted Hide Post
Happy Saturday everyone. Been a rough/expensive couple weeks here. When your engine guy calls Tuesday, in the middle of the day and it's too soon for him to be done, you know it ain't good. We knew about the cracked exhaust valve and a tiny crack in one cylinder. Made plans to sleeve it, replace all valves, springs & upgrade to larger 11/32 guides (new NHRA acceptance apparently). Changing to bushed .904 lifters as well. Robbie started the call with, do you have another block? YEEKS.... Turns out, all other cylinders are out of round, by way more than it can handle. At least pistons are ok. Now we're sleeving all 8 instead of the one that cracked. With the extra work involved, I'm not counting on having it back in time for the NHRA D2 divisional in Rockingham in a couple weeks. Did manage to get the car outside and wash all the track dirt/dust off and kinda-sorta detail the engine bay. Polished the spare rear wheels as well. After tomorrow, I doubt I'll get to spend time with it until we get back from Utah. Wonder if my wife will mind me skipping the trip if I get the engine back before we fly out???? LOL, yes, she'd kill me.... LOL.

Fern, good luck with that awning. My 12x12 canopy collapsed at GALOT. Barely any wind. I think I may have tied it down improperly, in my efforts to keep it from blowing away. I'm back to considering an awning now. Also keeping an eye out for a good-affordable motorhome as a tow vehicle.


William Kilduff NHRA 2011
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
 
Posts: 461 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 817 818 819 820 
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.

© DragRaceResults.com 2026