DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
WOW that is going to be a lot more HP hope you guys can still get the power to the track. Sounds like fun....

Hope you all here have a Great Weekend!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Might try it on that 1/2 mile track mentioned in another post

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
There will be no problem getting it to hook up. We have a big tire and Marty has all the controls we can ask for. I think he's doing it for advertising promotions on his own stuff. He does a lot for customers so he wants to show what h does at home.

Fern, not me. I was done at 125 mph. Marty wants to go faster

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd I run a big tire deal to , but I like to run under 9.99 and 135 MPH mark too. So the car has never seen a lot of power, a friend went with a Pro Charger set up on his big tire stang. It took a few TNT sessions before his 4 link could handle the xtra power. Car went from a 9.90s to 8.70s, with was real great for what he wanted to do .

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, LP Racing here in Ontario did the back half and finished the cage. He builds outlaw cars, both big and small tire, so he knows what to do and he will set it up. He built the headers a couple of years ago and he will install the turbos and build the intercooler and install the new cam. We don't plan on running a lot of boost. There's about 200 passes on the Shafiroff 540 so we don't plan on hammering it till we get a new engine. I am going to switch the 29.5x13.5 MT's for a set of 14x32's. I put the 29.5's on cause that's all I ever ran for the index series. That put me through the lights at about 6400 at 125 with 4.30-1 gears.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning, happy Sunday to everyone… Floyd sounds like you guys got it under control, I’m sure your son will know how to utilize all that new power. I’m a big tire guy to running 33“ x 15’s I got a taller gear 4.88 and run the lights at 7350, which is fine because the motor was built to run up to 8,000. Just a SBC .

Have a great Sunday everybody

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
The controllers Turbosmart make will control boost stages I think up to 5 levels. I know they can be set up on time or rpm. So their is pretty much infinite control on how much boost and when you want it. It's kinda nice to have a big parts house. They just brought in a new suspension company too. So as soon as they bring out some stuff for C10's we'll replace the front end and change to their disc brakes. Right now all their making is stuff for the Mustangs, Camaros and all the popular foreign stuff.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well it is summer her in NC but in January. 72 here yesterday so we cooked out on the deck like it was July. I suppose it will be freezing by the weekend. I started remodeling one of my bathrooms and have now about got the new floor in---lot of work for such a little room. You all have a good day

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern Are you gonna try a top bulb race soon? I bet you would do well. Glad Woody and Floyd is well Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I had all 3 of mine done 2 years ago. Marty had a guy that does a lot of work for him so I just hired him to do all of mine at once. I bought the tile at Home Depot and he and his helper put it in. I would have been lost trying to do fancy tile and colored grout. No way I could have got those cuts figured out. They also painted and put in new base boards and one new toilet. I'm happy as a puppy with two peters.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Down here Floyd we have no Mexicans and no one else wants to work. Regular companies that do this kind of stuff are 60+ miles away and don't want to come this far out----so its do it yourself or it don't get done mostly. Still warm here, 70 right now and for now no rain. Winter, What winter? Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I guess that's an advantage to living in a suburb. My next door neighbor is a construction superintendent, my buddy up the street owns a tree company so I get wood for the bbq, his neighbor is an electrician, we have 3 roofing contractors on our short street and have more mesican gardeners than you can shake a stick at. Never a shortage of help and it's competitive. It's nice for a helpless old **** like me to have access to just about anything I need. Only travel I have to do is 6 miles to Total Wine and More for snake bite medicine. LOL

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like us regulars are dropping the ball here. I am still busy laying the hardwood floors. They say I am to particular is why it is taking so long. They forget that I am not only old and slow, I don't know what I am doing. Won't be long till we go racing.....some of the rest of you jump on in here now!!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Finally getting a little warm weather. I know, we haven't had anything like some of you guys but for an old guy and his dog we don't do well when we're cold. It might be warm enough to fire up the minitruck and cruise the neighborhood.

Fern, good look with your renovations. I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
Hello guys, my name is John Smith. I too am getting old and slow. I am trying to do a complete update and refresh on my dragster, but it takes so long. I think I may have one or two more seasons that I can still go and race ( I don't drive, just build and maintain and pay the bills). I have read this page for years but never contributed. I see the participation falling off, so I will try and add a little as I can.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Welcome JB... Ol Fern visited West Palm Beach for the New Years race and sat in the rain for 3 days then never won a round. But I had a good time and saw a lot of old friends and met a few new ones....I missed the Sat night dinner because it was a long ways from where I was parked and I chose not to take a chance on getting caught over there in the rain. My first race will be at Rockingham March 7 & 8 then the Loose Rocker Race in Virginia the next week. 2 weeks after all that I will celebrate 79 unbelievable years on this earth. I am blessed to be able to do the things I do and go the places I get to visit......I love seeing the young people at the track. I might pop up anywhere so keep your eyes open.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guys, glad to see a fresh new face keying in here... getting ready for next weekend 2 day race … last time I race was the HANGOVER event at the end of December. Seems like a long time ago LOL...…

Have a great Sunday!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Welcome JB,

Fern is about the only oldster on here that still actively campaigns his race car. Like you, I mainly just own and pay the bills on my race car. My son has been doing the driving for the last year or so. I'm letting him pay for some of the upgrades he wants to do now. My last big expenditure was a complete back half and new cage a couple of years ago. SSA doesn't cover a lot of race car expenses any more. LOL
I'm almost exactly one year behind ole Fern. I'll be 78 in March.
We still have a few youngins like Nick that pop up on here to join us old guys.
Y'all have a gooden. It's foggy as heck out here. Can't see across the street.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes Floyd, I at least get to show up, even win a round now and then---last year was the first in a long time I didn't win a race of any kind. But I got to go some. I am an old school racer now, old and slow!!!!!!

DRR Trophy
Picture of jdbsmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I am 70 and have some issues that slow me down. The last time at the track the car overheated and lost all oil pressure. When I started tearing it down it was full of milky oil and water mix. After complete disassembly I was unable to find any reason for it, sent it and my spare to my engine builder to freshen the spare and rebuild the leaker. He could not find any reason for the water in the oil, so here I set with no engine.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post