DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    GM closing American plants
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM closing American plants
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[quote]posted December 12, 2018 12:26 PM Hide Post
This will change my mind about buying another GM product. I only buy american labeled cars/trucks and GM's decision turns my stomach.[/quote

Totally agree , government should call in the balance of the remaining loan now , just as a bank could do .

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this if you want more ammo ....LOL

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
In my opinion, GM began it's decline when obama threw our money at their problem...at the same time he completely screwed the bond holders and effectively gave the union the company...then to make matters worse he forced GM to focus on "green" vehicles like the volt...we need to stop all subsidies immediately and let GM sink or swim on their own...

You have hit the nail on the head. Government does not belong in any business and needs to quit trying to pick winners and losers. And more proof that the unions are no longer pro-worker, only pro-union.

Just a little fact check regarding who, and when the "BAILOUT" started:

WHO: GW Bush's decision, WHEN: December 2008, $17.6 BILLION in TARP money given to keep GM and Chyrsler afloat...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
another political program gone wrong

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My racing operation is too big to fail.
I want some free gov't money and I promise to do all my racing in America.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
another political program gone wrong

Au contraire, it was never designed to go right.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
According to Google the lady CEO makes about 22 Million a year. WHY. If someone runs your business and your loosing money I say fire them. I dont understand this.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
When the women CEO was appointed I saw it as a HUGE mistake to put a GMI grad that has never worked any where else in charge! That’s one of GM’s biggest failures is having so many GMI people in higher management that have ZERO experience any where else!
When there is a problem they all look at it from the same perspective.
Then lately I saw where this ditz is a big fan of the Beghazi *****, exactly how brain dead is she?
Now she wants to FOCUS on alternative fuel vehicles?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post