DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Very disappointed to see 2 step in footbrake...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very disappointed to see 2 step in footbrake...
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of manny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manny:
I have numerous time slips to prove you wrong! The advantage is all in your head!

Manny Sousa

Posts: 475 | Location: bradenton, florida | Registered: January 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Says the only man I know of being beaten at the WFC by a car out of gas, LOL. How you doin Manny?
By the way for years I didn't have a line lock and only got the electric shifter because of an cast on my right hand a long time ago. But still foot braking no buttons and I do still win a round now and then.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Manny, I don't think you are listening. Of course you can provide time slips of no box cars beating box cars. No one is claiming they can't. But I'll say it again, the AVERAGE reaction time of a delay box car is significantly better than the AVERAGE reaction time in FB. There is a reason the 2 classes run separetly, don't you think?

Posts: 84 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Footbrake is dead

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 62Galaxie:
Eman..... I have compiled stats at my home track using points races and ONLY eliminator rounds from the printouts of these events. There is NO QUESTION that using a delay box is better than pure FB for reaction times. That is why delay boxes were invented. From the stats at MY track, delay box has about a .020 advantage (AVERAGE) in RT. Please note; AVERAGE. That gap would narrow if you do the same at a $$$$$ race. But there will still be an advantage to the delay box. That is not a debatable subject. Transbrake/2 step is somewhere in between delay box and pure FB. In the hands of dedicated racers, IMHO, TB/2 step would would have an advantage over pure FB. There will always be exceptions to these AVERAGES by certain individuals.

Let's slow down. I didn't compare footbrake to box racing as being even. I just said there is no magic in the box like many think there is. I know there is a good reason for delay boxes and people wouldn't buy or use them if there wasn't. But it's not as easy as some make it look.

Posts: 1468 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of manny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Footbrake is dead
I don’t agree with this buddy. Plenty of bad dudes still swapping feet and doing damage. Keep these yahoo’s in check my friend!

Manny Sousa

Posts: 475 | Location: bradenton, florida | Registered: January 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
quote:
Eman..... I have compiled stats at my home track using points races and ONLY eliminator rounds from the printouts of these events. There is NO QUESTION that using a delay box is better than pure FB for reaction times. That is why delay boxes were invented. From the stats at MY track, delay box has about a .020 advantage (AVERAGE) in RT. Please note; AVERAGE. That gap would narrow if you do the same at a $$$$$ race. But there will still be an advantage to the delay box. That is not a debatable subject. Transbrake/2 step is somewhere in between delay box and pure FB. In the hands of dedicated racers, IMHO, TB/2 step would would have an advantage over pure FB. There will always be exceptions to these AVERAGES by certain individuals.

Let's slow down. I didn't compare footbrake to box racing as being even. I just said there is no magic in the box like many think there is. I know there is a good reason for delay boxes and people wouldn't buy or use them if there wasn't. But it's not as easy as some make it look.

Agree 100%. Any competitive sport is not as easy as it looks from the sidelines.

Posts: 84 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I guess this is a good time to tell my story...I footbraked for 16 years...I still do on occasion...I went to the transbrake off the bottom to try it out...been doing that for 3 years and still do...this year I tried to learn how to leave off the top with a delay box...

My conclusions are that the switch to leaving off the bottom using the button was fairly easy to do but not a walk in the park...took a minute to get a new routine...so far this year leaving off the top bulb with the box has not worked out yet at all...I am going to keep trying to get it but so far no bueno...

Now, as far as reaction times go, off the foot I am around 12 to 25...off the brake on the bottom I am 10 to 20...off the top I am horrible, presently...

I can honestly say the button has made me a bit more consistent but not much better on reaction times...those who think the button is a big advantage are just wrong...a slight advantage, maybe...a good footfeeder has no problem hanging with the button crowd whatsoever...

The top footbrakers like manny, hastings, pollard, etc. are very competitive in any class including top...just my .02...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manny, I don't think you are listening. Of course you can provide time slips of no box cars beating box cars. No one is claiming they can't. But I'll say it again, the AVERAGE reaction time of a delay box car is significantly better than the AVERAGE reaction time in FB. There is a reason the 2 classes run separetly, don't you think?

The average is why no footbraker ever has, or ever will dominate Super Pro anywhere, at any track on this planet, in reality.

Of course your right. No footbraker has ever even footbraked his/her way to a final round in Super Pro at Sunshine, at least not in the 10 years I ran the joint with my street car on a 10" tire.

Of course you're right 62Galaxie.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Where I come from footbrakers playing hero are treated poorly for polluting Super Pro, with their slow azz chit.

I could respect a guy footbraking in Super Pro dial'd 6.99 or faster, meeting the minimum dial in requirement for Super Pro.

Burch's wagon got the treatment.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of manny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Manny, I don't think you are listening. Of course you can provide time slips of no box cars beating box cars. No one is claiming they can't. But I'll say it again, the AVERAGE reaction time of a delay box car is significantly better than the AVERAGE reaction time in FB. There is a reason the 2 classes run separetly, don't you
think?

The average is why no footbraker ever has, or ever will dominate Super Pro anywhere, at any track on this planet, in reality.

Of course your right. No footbraker has ever even footbraked his/her way to a final round in Super Pro at Sunshine, at least not in the 10 years I ran the joint with my street car on a 10" tire.

I won Super Pro, footbraking at Sunshine in a 9.70 Malibu Wagon (Diane Burch’s) and have won in my Fairmont at Bradenton, Immokalee and Lakeland. You are full of ****!

Manny Sousa

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Manny, I don't think you are listening. Of course you can provide time slips of no box cars beating box cars. No one is claiming they can't. But I'll say it again, the AVERAGE reaction time of a delay box car is significantly better than the AVERAGE reaction time in FB. There is a reason the 2 classes run separetly, don't you
think?

I won Super Pro, footbraking at Showtime in a 9.70 Malibu Wagon (Diane Burch’s) and have won in my Fairmont at Bradenton, Immokalee and Lakeland. You are full of ****!

Manny Sousa

I fixed that for you.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Showtime is weak, you can win a Super Pro race at Showtime in 5 rounds.

It ain't Sunshine Caliber.

But you already know that.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is my pump gas foot brake car I'm building now to drive to Orlando and race Super Pro.

I guarantee it'll meet the minimum 6.99 et requirement for Super Pro too.

Come get ya some in Super Pro.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of manny
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was Sunshine in 2000 asshat!

Manny Sousa

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Manny Sousa

That's a total Bull**** lie.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of manny
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Manny Sousa

100 percent fact. Beat the late, great Vic Fera in the final. I was .000 Had Matt Burch riding with me. In fact, it was the night he got banned by ****enson. Get your head out of your ass you douche!!!

Manny Sousa

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Manny Sousa

100 percent fact. Beat the late, great Vic Fera in the final. I was .000 Had Matt Burch riding with me. In fact, it was the night he got banned by ****enson. Get your head out of your ass you douche!!!

Manny Sousa

Manny is a football expert too, when you see him you'll know he's never played a down in his life, 5ft 6" tall stick arms, 100 lbs soaking wet.

It's all in everyone's head it can't be done, Manny is batting .025 for his career.

Dork

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I surely had no idea that this topic, this NON POLITICAL TOPIC could cause one member to become so angry and emit such disrespect and arrogance toward another member when all we are doing is sharing our thoughts and opinions about a sport we all love. Sorry to you Mike Rietow.

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Boy the wheels fell off this wagon pretty quickly!
I guess I'm to blame by even mentioning delay box in this thread when it started life about 2 steps.

Let's go back to the beginning.
"I knew trans brakes were allowed in FB BUT I didn't realize that a 2 step was also allowed. Using a transbrake AND a 2 step, IMHO, violates the spirit of FB."
Transbrakes aren't allowed in Footbrake unless you have a stick. Transbrakes are allowed in no-box along with 2 steps as it's a class that only requires the removal of the box.
I'm waiting for the poll so we can vote.
I ran at a no-box race this weekend, 51 entries and most were pure footbraking it. I know for a fact at 7 all were pure footbrakers for what it's worth. 2 local tracks to me that are no-box the champions were pure footbrakers.

Posts: 1468 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post