Find
Notify
Tools

New Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted
Whew! Finally going to pickup my new trailer tomorrow.

It's been a long wait but, the pics sent by the manufacturer show it's been worth it.

I'd show the pics but, I no longer have my own web site anymore

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

How about describing what you got. Didn't think of that

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2698 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bruce, upload them here www.imgur.com

then chose the size of the photo and copy the BBCode link for each photo and post them.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
After a quick run to Elkhart and back the trailer is in the driveway. Yesterday we drove straight through and I'm whipped. Got to spend a few hours with my youngest at the Vintage factory.

Pics to come later.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Another white trailer?

Falling of chair laughing

Congrats on your new trailer....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
This is how I spec'd the trailer and how it is equipped:

Tandem 6k axles, No spread axles
Smooth White exterior metal
6” additional height, 7’0” interior height
2x roof vents, braced and wired for A/C. Trailer builder determines location.
Two 15,000 A/C rooftop installations
12V vent fan in bath area
36” RV side door with 6” extra height in place of STD 48” door
3x 3” ramp door bumpers
60” tongue, electric tongue jack
HD skid wheels
Winch plate under floor. Location per drawing
2x in floor tire compartments w/hinged lids. Location per drawing
22’ A&E awning w/armor guard, Reference drawing for location
30” x 15” window in curbside wall. Location per drawing

Interior
White aluminum walls, white textured ceiling, insulated ceiling
Walled area in front street side corner for future rest room. See drawing
36” carpet scuff w/chair rail on sidewalls except where noted on drawing
TPO coin floor, ATP ramp door covering w/36” flap, ramp door to floor transition flap
Delete ATP wheel house covering. Install carpet on wheel house
2x spare tire mounts Location per drawing
6’ beavertail
7 5k D-rings. Location per drawing
Straight upper and lower cabinets on front wall, curb side
Straight upper and lower cabinets on roadside wall behind bath enclosure. Upper cabinet to accept small microwave. Cabinets approx.. 66” long
Straight upper cabinet above toolbox and fridge location. 4 feet long
All cabinets, bath walls, to be white..

Electrical
Electrical system to be integrated with optional Racing Light Package .
50 amp electrical panel w/50 amp motorbase in front wall
4x4’ LED fixtures
LED dome light and switch in corner bath area
LED porch light and switch
2x GFI exterior receptacles, curbside with weatherproof covers. Location per drawing
2x LED loading lights and switch in rear
1 interior receptacle and switch mounted high on curb side rear wall. For future air comp.
3x LED interior lights w/switch
10 total 110 receptacles, 2 over each base cabinet, 1 under each base cabinet, 2 behind door on curb side wall (fridge and toolbox), one inside curbside wall low, one inside roadside upper cabinet.. See drawing,
Stereo/cd player with 4 recessed speakers in ceiling and 2 exteriors. Stereo head to be mounted under upper front wall cabinet adjacent to bath wall. Room is needed on right for weather station mount.
12V battery to be installed in street side base cabinet adjacent to winch plate.

Water System
Street side base cabinet - Bar size sink w/ high spigot to be mounted adjacent to bath area. Water pump, and electric water heater to be installed here. Dealer and owner will determine plumbing and locations.

My son found a E7000is Honda generator in Toledo and delivered it to me at the Vintage factory.

I stopped at Ocala Tire Service in Ocala on the way home and had the trailer tires replaced with LT235/85R16 tires. Good thing, too. I got a call this afternoon that two of the new Goodyear tires had tread separations. 1100 miles and they fail.

I posted photos on the Guertin & Guertin Racing Facebook page

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Man i would be livid. 1100 miles and Junk **** tires on a quality trailer. What was the outcome with them on these tires. Warranty all 4 or are they putting up a fight? Sorry to see this. Sad situation.....

Posts: 1412 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Luckily I didn't blow one apart. The tires were set at the recommended pressure. Ocala Tire Service recommended we stay below 65 MPH, which we did, running 62-63. Of course the trailer was empty.

The dealer called this morning and wants the tires for warranty.

These were made in the USA Goodyears.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is scary. 1100 miles and failed tires with empty trailer. I’d be mad.

If you just had this problem with new GY Endurance trailer rated tires, there must be others that recently experienced this same failure. Those are 87 mph rated tires.

BTW, NICE Trailer !!

Posts: 2610 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
This is scary. 1100 miles and failed tires with empty trailer. I’d be mad.

If you just had this problem with new GY Endurance trailer rated tires, there must be others that recently experienced this same failure. Those are 87 mph rated tires.

BTW, NICE Trailer !!

Thanks.

They're GY Endurance tires alright. We took pictures of the tires and sent them to our tire guy before leaving the factory. he confirmed they were GYs latest thing.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Bruce, what was the original size and LR that the
trailer was delivered with? Just curious.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
You did the right thing by putting the LT truck tires on it you should never have a problem. Mike, Tripp and Ernie are good people, after over 50 years in the entire business they know their stuff.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
You did the right thing by putting the LT truck tires on it you should never have a problem. Mike, Tripp and Ernie are good people, after over 50 years in the entire business they know their stuff.

I have LT tires on my old trailer and never a problem. Towed at 67 MPH all the time.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Bruce, what was the original size and LR that the
trailer was delivered with? Just curious.

ST 235/80R16 I believe.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man i would be livid. 1100 miles and Junk **** tires on a quality trailer. What was the outcome with them on these tires. Warranty all 4 or are they putting up a fight? Sorry to see this. Sad situation.....

That is common practice for them to put tires on trailers that are not even heavy duty enough for trailer UNLOADED! Stupid! That is one thing I would make sure of from factory that they put good tires on it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack this thread but since the subject of tires came up, I just wanted to make a comment on LT/trailer tires. Since I first ordered my 26ft. trailer new back in 2012 (with 16 in. wheels/tires), I've experienced way too many blowouts. These bad experiences eventually led me to the All Steel ST Radials.

After a blowout in Cincinnati, OH. on the long trip from Tenn. to US 131 Dragway in Michigan June of last year, a farm implement dealer near that track told me about and put on 2 of the Carlisle 235/85/R16 All Steel Radial trailer tires. They were balanced with beads and put on the same axle. That left me with a spare for the long trip back home. All of the tires on my trailer before that trip were virtually new and low mileage.

Late June this year, one of the tires on the other axle blew out in the mountains going through Cumberland Gap on I-40W to Crossville Dragstrip in Tenn. I determined to go fully with the All Steel ST Radials. After some research I ordered 2 Trans Eagle All Steel Radials manufactured by Transamerica Tire Co. in Memphis, TN. to complement the Carlisle's. I had them mounted and fluid balanced at our local co-op. I'm impressed with these All Steel Radials. They're 14/16 ply rated, have at least 4400# load rating per tire, and provide greater towing stability with less rolling resistance. At about $150 per tire for the TransEagle/$190 for the Carlisle, they're much more reasonably priced than the Goodyear Endurance. FYI

Posts: 8 | Location: LIMESTONE, TN | Registered: December 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

That is common practice for them to put tires on trailers that are not even heavy duty enough for trailer UNLOADED! Stupid! That is one thing I would make sure of from factory that they put good tires on it.

Curly, we had planned the stop at Ocala Tire on the way back. We sure as heck didn't figure on tread separations on new tires in 1100 miles.

In fact, my first plan was to take a set of wheels and tires from Ocala Tire Service with me, change in the parking lot, and tell the factory to credit the dealer and I'd settle with him. I wish I'd done that now.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bruce these are the Goodyear Endurance tires on my trailer, in service for 40 months. Still got the factory filled nitrogen in them.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Bruce these are the Goodyear Endurance tires on my trailer, in service for 40 months. Still got the factory filled nitrogen in them.

Tup, those are the ones. I know you treat your tires right and so do I.

nomad
Bruce Guertin