New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
for two of the four of your brand new tires to have tread separations after 1100 miles your tires are not constructed as mine where. Something in their manufacturing process has changed.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I'm floored that I never noticed it. For all the wheel re-torquing, re-torquing the new trailer hitch, and general walk arounds I did because it's new, I never noticed. I like to put my hands on the wheel hub area looking for temperature differences. Still I didn't see it.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have had Goodyear Endurance 225/15's on my trailer for about 3-4 years....I put 6000 miles on my motorhome since 2014 and the Endurance tires were installed at the end of 2016

Zero issues and I have run 70 or even faster at times....80lbs cold...dual axle...I did get a nail in one and replaced it....

I had Goodyear Marathons previously and they also did well lasting for a number of years before wearing out the treads real bad on one. That was the end of 2016.....

Worst tires I have had on this trailer were Carlisles.....and Titans.....Carlisles were coming apart and I blew a Titan to shreds !!! Tread cam off.....

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have same 15” size GY Endurance as SCDIV1 and they were installed Nov-2019. The manufacture date is 29th week of 2019 (2919). I have over 7k miles on them to date with no problems. They do hold air better than any other trailer tire I’ve had previous to include the Maxxis they replaced. Always same psi given the outside temp when checked prior to towing.

I agree that something in this tire may have been changed in the manufacturing. Only GY would know and their Rep may have some insight to this. As I wrote prior, if you had two fail at 1100 miles new now, others will or have been failing.

LT tires are steering rated and carry a substantial lower load capacity than a trailer tire. Not saying they’re better or bad, just saying.

Posts: 2614 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've got to be honest, I haven't checked my tire's air pressure regular, only before long distance tows and I've only checked the lug nut torque twice since getting the trailer over 3 years ago.

I also tow on the highway above 70mph.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Very disappointing in the new and improved GoodYear trailer tires. They should/can be warrantied out and either used as spares or sold. I have been lucky and gotten a few seasons out of em in the past but first sign of unusual wear I swap em out for Firestone Transforce LT tires. They are my go to tires and are reasonable, usually around $150 ea. I can get 5-6 years on a set on my LQ trailer without any worries. Just ordered a set this morning for our 2 car tag. Got a lil road trip this weekend and the last thing I need is tire issues.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny Anderson:
Very disappointing in the new and improved GoodYear trailer tires. They should/can be warrantied out and either used as spares or sold. I have been lucky and gotten a few seasons out of em in the past but first sign of unusual wear I swap em out for Firestone Transforce LT tires. They are my go to tires and are reasonable, usually around $150 ea. I can get 5-6 years on a set on my LQ trailer without any worries. Just ordered a set this morning for our 2 car tag. Got a lil road trip this weekend and the last thing I need is tire issues.

Wurd from my friend and trailer dealer.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Signed onto Imgur. Let's see hoe this works. Photo is on the way home on I-75 north of Atlanta.

On the way home

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Does that have two ac’s?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
After driving for a while at a decent speed pull off somewhere safe and heat check your tires with a Raytek, they should be pretty damn close, if there's a big difference adjust the trailer hitch height (higher if the fronts are hotter or lower if the rears are. Just eyeballing it to level doesn't mean each tire is loaded the same.

Posts: 163 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Does that have two ac’s?

Yes. One in the front for daytime and one in the rear for sleeping. There will be a curtain dividing to trailer.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post

Loaded aud on the way to G'ville for chassis cert. A couple of minor things to trailer and we are done.

No awning yet though.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Looking good

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Ed.

Note to self: Let the vendor do more work. Smile

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
worth the cost!

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I ran the trailer over the scales the other day. It's carrying 9400 pounds on the axle fully loaded. It was busy at the scales so I didn't have time to break it from the truck to get a tongue weight.

Oh, and Robbie Welch came by a couple of weeks ago to help me install the new hitch reciever.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Very nice Bruce! Pics look great!

California Screaming!
Raceless in California!

Posts: 4600 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The more I use it the better I like it.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been using the new trailer for a while now. My gosh, I shoulda got a new one of these ten years ago.

It was in the 90s at G'ville Saturday and 80 or lower in the trailer. Cooked supper before I left, so I didn't have to worry about parking the thing on the way home. Loading it is so much easier. I can sleep in it when the car is loaded.

I got the trailer with 6" of extra height. I'm a short package but, I didn't think that 6" make any difference. It does. I need a step stool to get into the upper cabinets. I should have had two additional 110v outlets installed, one over each wheel well. It would have been good to have the rear ceiling lights on separate switches. All of these were my call and not the manufacturer or dealer.

I like it.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Goodyear Endurace tires. The Grand Design RV trailers came stock with West Lake regardless of size. Some on line users nicknamed them China Bombs. Some swapped to Endurace. I’ve read of both failing so don’t know what brand is better. GD has used them for 7 years and sells a huge volume of rigs. I towed 8500 miles in 2 months on my first big trip wo a failure. Even survived Indiana interstate roads. I did add a TPMS, but I doubt it would alert with tread separation. I still like being able to watch for air loss or isolated over temperature.
Glad your custom trailer makes your racing more comfortable

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12175 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post