Tools

New Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
Well, I've been using the new trailer for a while now.

I got the trailer with 6" of extra height. I'm a short package but, I didn't think that 6" make any difference. It does. I need a step stool to get into the upper cabinets.

I like it.

6" extra height is worth it, 12" is too much. I clicked the wrong box when I did the sheet for mine and got 12". I'm 6'3" and it makes it difficult to reach the top latch on the side doors and makes the trailer door a lot heavier. Sometimes it's the details that matter.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Regarding the Goodyear Endurace tires. The Grand Design RV trailers came stock with West Lake regardless of size. Some on line users nicknamed them China Bombs. Some swapped to Endurace. I’ve read of both failing so don’t know what brand is better. GD has used them for 7 years and sells a huge volume of rigs. I towed 8500 miles in 2 months on my first big trip wo a failure. Even survived Indiana interstate roads. I did add a TPMS, but I doubt it would alert with tread separation. I still like being able to watch for air loss or isolated over temperature.
Glad your custom trailer makes your racing more comfortable

Hey, Paul!

My daughter runs marathons and half marathons like bracket racers race. It takes a travel trailer to do that. They've worn one out already. I don't know if they've had tire troubles but, They'd been through two under powered pickups before they got the Power Stroke I told them to buy in the first place. Kids.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
Well, I've been using the new trailer for a while now.

I got the trailer with 6" of extra height. I'm a short package but, I didn't think that 6" make any difference. It does. I need a step stool to get into the upper cabinets.

I like it.

6" extra height is worth it, 12" is too much. I clicked the wrong box when I did the sheet for mine and got 12". I'm 6'3" and it makes it difficult to reach the top latch on the side doors and makes the trailer door a lot heavier. Sometimes it's the details that matter.

Some things we don't we need until we work with what we have. If that makes any sense,

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post