DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    A Serious COVID-19 Discussion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
A Serious COVID-19 Discussion
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
New york is very bad.... Also a few other states.
The rest of the country not so bad.
Remember, 50,000 die from pneumonia every year. No need to shut down the economy, unless you are trying to make the current president look bad.
People freak out about deaths. But lots of people die every year.
Enough is enough. Elderly people and those with respiratory issue should continue to stay at home. The rest of America needs to get back to work.
 
Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
New York city is not very bad, the dems just want you to believe that. There are hot spots mostly were people of color live in highly dense and over crowded neighborhoods and apartment buildings. But Mass Transit still running, "essential" construction still working, the New York Stock Exchange still open. People still out walking, running, biking.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed, agree 100%
 
Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere Division 3 lost a Mom, Dad ,Son Team from Covid 19. Is this confirmed True?
 
Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
I read somewhere Division 3 lost a Mom, Dad ,Son Team from Covid 19. Is this confirmed True?


Yes,true story.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/...and-is-on-ventilator
 
Posts: 1167 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys and Gals, I'm a little late to join this discussion and don't have time to read everyone's post but you can guess what I do for a living by my screen name. The point that most people don't get with this current COVID crisis is that shutting everything down temporarily is designed to "flatten the curve". What that simply means is that they are trying to not overwhelm the health care system all at once so that those most critical can get the care that they need. Imagine yourself or a family member being one of the sick at the hospital where there are 50 people needing a ventilator and only 25 are available. How does that work compared to 20 needing it today, 15 next week. 10 the week after etc? Yes unfortunately people die every day of a variety of things- some complicated and some not so complicated that all have varying effects on our/your health care system. Be patient, be understanding and be safe! Kevin
 
Posts: 192 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
Hey Guys and Gals, I'm a little late to join this discussion and don't have time to read everyone's post but you can guess what I do for a living by my screen name. The point that most people don't get with this current COVID crisis is that shutting everything down temporarily is designed to "flatten the curve". What that simply means is that they are trying to not overwhelm the health care system all at once so that those most critical can get the care that they need. Imagine yourself or a family member being one of the sick at the hospital where there are 50 people needing a ventilator and only 25 are available. How does that work compared to 20 needing it today, 15 next week. 10 the week after etc? Yes unfortunately people die every day of a variety of things- some complicated and some not so complicated that all have varying effects on our/your health care system. Be patient, be understanding and be safe! Kevin


EVERYBODY gets that. I would say 99% of all hospitals in the US came nowhere close to overwhelmed. We took a bazooka duck hunting.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6324 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
Hey Guys and Gals, I'm a little late to join this discussion and don't have time to read everyone's post but you can guess what I do for a living by my screen name. The point that most people don't get with this current COVID crisis is that shutting everything down temporarily is designed to "flatten the curve". What that simply means is that they are trying to not overwhelm the health care system all at once so that those most critical can get the care that they need. Imagine yourself or a family member being one of the sick at the hospital where there are 50 people needing a ventilator and only 25 are available. How does that work compared to 20 needing it today, 15 next week. 10 the week after etc? Yes unfortunately people die every day of a variety of things- some complicated and some not so complicated that all have varying effects on our/your health care system. Be patient, be understanding and be safe! Kevin


EVERYBODY gets that. I would say 99% of all hospitals in the US came nowhere close to overwhelmed. We took a bazooka duck hunting.


I believe that you are able to say that Bucky because of what we did. Could I be wrong? Absolutely, but based on what I have been told by my family in the medical field and the 5 nurses my wife has been corresponding with that left here and are working in NYC, I don’t believe I am. I’m truly happy that you can say that though because it means thousands more didn’t die.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2894 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Including inflated data....


 
Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Including inflated data....

I don't claim to know the facts of the matter. Since there doesn't seem to be any source of credible information I don't pay it much attention. Did the precautions lessen the casualties, again I don't know, it can be argued either way. But the original 200k deaths did have "social distancing" baked into the predictions.

You know, with all these failed models I have yet to hear anyone draw a parallel to the modeling of climate change. As much heat that has been brought to bear you know everyone that was anyone was more than eager to get their projection out there. Virtually all initial, and even revamped, projections failed and they couldn't hide from them later on.


Illegitimi non carborundum
 
Posts: 2320 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
I certainly don't claim to be an expert in the medical field, but this deal seemed off to me almost from the beginning.

Sweden did nothing. No lockdown, no social distancing, and their numbers look basically identical to ours.....minus the financial disaster for so many folks.
 
Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeffery Epstein was in lockdown for his own safety
 
Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:
Sweden did nothing. No lockdown, no social distancing, and their numbers look basically identical to ours.....minus the financial disaster for so many folks.


Sweden is an interesting case, but from what I have read they are encouraging social distancing and have placed some limits on public gatherings.

They also have a COVID-related death rate far higher than their neighbors who opted for a lockdown approach.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3136 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:

Sweden did nothing. No lockdown, no social distancing, and their numbers look basically identical to ours.....minus the financial disaster for so many folks.


Sweden is about the size of California. So, I guess you can say we are in much better shape.
 
Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:

Sweden did nothing. No lockdown, no social distancing, and their numbers look basically identical to ours.....minus the financial disaster for so many folks.


Sweden is about the size of California. So, I guess you can say we are in much better shape.


Percentages.....

Averaging a few of the data sources....

Mortality rate via COVID-19

World - 0.00002
Sweden - 0.000142
USA - 0.000114
NY State - 0.00090

There is no doubt that the COVID-19 mortality rate is being artificially padded in the US, and nobody does it better than NYC.
 
Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'll bet Debt Slaves be sweat'n it. Don't sweat, helicopters are coming.





 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
Hey Guys and Gals, I'm a little late to join this discussion and don't have time to read everyone's post but you can guess what I do for a living by my screen name. The point that most people don't get with this current COVID crisis is that shutting everything down temporarily is designed to "flatten the curve". What that simply means is that they are trying to not overwhelm the health care system all at once so that those most critical can get the care that they need. Imagine yourself or a family member being one of the sick at the hospital where there are 50 people needing a ventilator and only 25 are available. How does that work compared to 20 needing it today, 15 next week. 10 the week after etc? Yes unfortunately people die every day of a variety of things- some complicated and some not so complicated that all have varying effects on our/your health care system. Be patient, be understanding and be safe! Kevin


EVERYBODY gets that. I would say 99% of all hospitals in the US came nowhere close to overwhelmed. We took a bazooka duck hunting.


I believe that you are able to say that Bucky because of what we did. Could I be wrong? Absolutely, but based on what I have been told by my family in the medical field and the 5 nurses my wife has been corresponding with that left here and are working in NYC, I don’t believe I am. I’m truly happy that you can say that though because it means thousands more didn’t die.


What is silly, is that while NYC probably didn't do enough, early enough....Doing the same for the rest of the country simply is unwarranted. High population density brings special challenges.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6324 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Here is one to think about...After what we just have seen about the medical system being totally strained...

In the US, if we go to medicare for all, with millions more insured, and of those newly insured being the "most entitled generation" that wants everything NOW...

How crazy will it be to get into a hospital or even a doctors office?

We already have bed & equipment shortages and doctor shortages...where do we put all the newly insured patients and who will be taking care of them?

Oh BTW...how long will YOU have to wait (calmly) on a list for medical services then?


Just on a different note...Same story for free college for all...where do we put them all?


Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

 
Posts: 1215 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
Here is one to think about...After what we just have seen about the medical system being totally strained...

In the US, if we go to medicare for all, with millions more insured, and of those newly insured being the "most entitled generation" that wants everything NOW...

How crazy will it be to get into a hospital or even a doctors office?

We already have bed & equipment shortages and doctor shortages...where do we put all the newly insured patients and who will be taking care of them?

Oh BTW...how long will YOU have to wait (calmly) on a list for medical services then?


Just on a different note...Same story for free college for all...where do we put them all?


1. Where did we see the medical system totally strained, other than the mainstream media saying so? Many hospitals are laying off large numbers of people right now.

2. What generation is the "most entitled", and low in patience?

3. Free college for all? Not in this life time. The folks that pay the bills in this country have had enough of the leftist game plan. Besides, we already have millions of idealistic pups running around with absolutely worthless degree's, and no ability to be productive citizens.
 
Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I'll throw this out there - the powers-that-be keep claiming we have "flattened the curve." Oh yeah? Flattened as compared to what? The infection and death models we now know were wildly over-inflated? There is no scientific PROOF that lockdowns, shutdowns, and social distancing have accomplished ANYTHING medically.

The supposed logic behind "flattening the curve" was to prevent spikes in infections that would overwhelm hospitals, but spread the infections out over a LONGER term. We're not seeing that. The number of infections is just petering out.

The only thing we can PROVE we have accomplished by the lockdowns is financial disaster, growth of power and size of government, and loss of our liberties.


Mike
 
Posts: 1560 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    A Serious COVID-19 Discussion

© DragRaceResults.com 2024