Find
Notify
Tools

ROWDY IS BACK!!!!!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DoubleRRacin
posted Hide Post
JR Nation..... #88 showing them how its done !

Time Waits for No One !

Posts: 351 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Man, the duals were boring! Sleep hope the 500 is better

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Kyle injured today in race, like him or not, hate to see this

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Broken right leg and left foot. Very surprised that he survived the wreck, he had a nearly head on impact at a very high speed. He hit the interior wall just beyond the end of pit road, the set back in that area looks to be more than 200 feet deep. He will be out of the car for a while if not most of the 2015 season, still lucky to be alive, very lucky! If they ever needed a Safer-Barrier at Dayton, that would be the place. Daytona Speedway President Joie Chitwood said that adding the Safer-Barrier in that area is their next project.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
that must mean that Danica must be driving with everything shaved clean. No BUSH in today's race!!

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: July 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Broken right leg and left foot. Very surprised that he survived the wreck, he had a nearly head on impact at a very high speed.

The Fox1 camera tracker showed him just dropping under 90 mph, then impacting the wall.

I have to wonder if these newer 'cocoon' like seats they have for side support now makes it difficult for a driver to pull their legs back toward their chest? He had plenty of time (by NASCAR super-speedway crash standards) to realize that concrete wall was straight ahead.

quote:
If they ever needed a Safer-Barrier at Dayton, that would be the place. Daytona Speedway President Joie Chitwood said that adding the Safer-Barrier in that area is their next project.

Isn't that the exact same thing we keep hearing from the France Family every time one of these cars manages to find yet another section of their family owned Daytona facility that just happens to not have SAFER barrier installed?

P.S.

Did anyone else happen to catch the very pointed statement by Larry McReynolds during the live broadcast that 'we are 15 years into this safety project and we should not be racing at any facility that doesn't have SAFER barrier on every bit of the inside and outside walls' ?

McReynolds of course was the one time crew chief for Dale Sr, whose death started this 'safety project' 15 years ago.

P.S. 2

I never want to see a driver get hurt, but at least this time it was the person who caused the wreck in the first place and not an innocent victim who got caught up in actions or antics of someone else.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple Nickel II,

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The new seat design doesn't have forward / upward restrain for you legs, just guessing but his legs and feet probably impacted the bottom dash bar that crosses above the legs.

There didn't appear to be much angle at the point of impact, more like a head on collision. I'm fairly certain that he could see what was about to happen since he had a long ride from the track surface to the wall. The accident originated in front of him when the 20 car got goofy by a tap from behind in the tri-oval. Either someone checked up or someone was bump drafting and got a little off center turning the 20 to his left. These cars are "fairly" stable in the turns (because of the load they exert into the banking) but in the straightaways they move all over the place.

In any event this was a bad one and from what I could see he was off on a ride with no control where it went.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
The new seat design doesn't have forward / upward restrain for you legs, just guessing but his legs and feet probably impacted the bottom dash bar that crosses above the legs.

There didn't appear to be much angle at the point of impact, more like a head on collision. I'm fairly certain that he could see what was about to happen since he had a long ride from the track surface to the wall. The accident originated in front of him when the 20 car got goofy by a tap from behind in the tri-oval. Either someone checked up or someone was bump drafting and got a little off center turning the 20 to his left. These cars are "fairly" stable in the turns (because of the load they exert into the banking) but in the straightaways they move all over the place.

In any event this was a bad one and from what I could see he was off on a ride with no control where it went. He was the tap from behind!

Bob

Posts: 193 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Kyle was the one who tapped the 20!

Posts: 193 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that your natural reaction is to have your foot buried in the break pedal all the way to the wall.

Posts: 7021 | Location: Montgomery Al. USA | Registered: October 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
NOW THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

Come on bashers I'm sure you can find something to whine about if you really put some effort into the project?????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I believe that Kyle has won three of the last four races, (Sonoma / Charlotte / and now Louden). You may not like the guy but, three out of four??? It appears that he can drive a race car, either that or the other 42 guys can't.

Bob

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Where you been the rest of the races???????????

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12288 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I've been watching NASCAR the entire season Mike and no one else has won 3 of their last 4 races. I doubt that anyone expected him to come back this strong.

He has a good chance of making the Chase and he's on a big time roll.

Bob

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No shyt, Bob. BK runs his mouth everytime Kryin Kyle does something during the regular season but we all know what happens when it comes to the playoffs and Kryin Kyle Khokes. And Bob, I've said before the Kryin is the best driver but takes more than that to win a Sprint Cup.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12288 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, and couldn't car less what BK says, and even less what he thinks. I was impressed with Kyle's win at Sonoma primarily because of the foot and leg injuries he sustained earlier in the season. That took grit.

I really don't care if Kyle Busch wins the NASCAR Championship this year, or any year. I'm just sighting the fact that right now he's the most "Effective" driver in the Series. For some folks (BK as an example) this seems to be a consuming subject where they can vent their dread of Mr. Busch winning anything.

For the record, or any record, I am a Jimmy Johnson fan, basically because he's from the area where I live, no other reason.

Bob

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just sighting the fact that right now he's the most "Effective" driver in the Series

Agreed. Just doesnt seem to have that mental toughness to win a title. Ask Jimmy Johnson about that. He said he was very impressed when Brad K won the title and he handled the pressure.

L8R, Mike

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There's a saying that has always impressed me when it comes to Racing:

There are old drivers, and there are bold drivers. There are no old bold drivers!

Bob

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And back BIG!

Posts: 7757 | Location: Turnin left on the dirt | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
NOW THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

I'M SPEECHLESS!!!!!

Come on bashers I'm sure you can find something to whine about if you really put some effort into the project?????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post