Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA Super Street
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Barn Burner

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good looking Nova, Like.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Surprised he wasn’t DQ’d for excessive braking, he admitted to running 3 tenths too quick “by accident”. He BOMBED the brakes!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think this announcer NHRA has, does a great job too.

Straight .... Too .... The .... Top

These NHRA YouTube promo's make ya wanna jump in.

Killer race.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Surprised he wasn’t DQ’d for excessive braking, he admitted to running 3 tenths too quick “by accident”. He BOMBED the brakes!

I'd hand the Wally back to the other guy if NHRA tried to hand it to me like that.

Self Respect. Guarantee ya I would.

Killer race, battle

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rules are for everyone! NHRA again DQ’d Jerry Emmons for excessive braking at Gainesville.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
NHRA again DQ’d Jerry Emmons for excessive braking at Gainesville.

That guy must be a really slow learner.

Mike

Posts: 1590 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A lot of attitude in that camp.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Barn burner race.

I don't see where he got rid of 3 tenths though, I can see maybe 1.5, 2 in the middle when he got even.

Killer race nonetheless.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rules are for everyone! NHRA again DQ’d Jerry Emmons for excessive braking at Gainesville.

Jeez! How many DQ's does this make for him

Posts: 638 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jerry Emmons wasn’t even at Gainesville…

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 337 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ok it wasn’t Gainesville. The fact remains that he was DQ’d again this month for excessive braking.

Statement of Action Against Participant
Jerry Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Super Stock entry for excessive breaking. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.

More…

Statement of Action Against Participant
Harvey Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Stock entry for violating the window net, helmet visor, neck collar and glove requirements. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any of the Four horseman in that camp have earned more money racing, than you will in your entirety of your dismal life.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In the history of NHRA, has anyone ever won a 10.90 National Event Super Street Wally on 10" x 28" tire?

I have a good idea who'll be first to do it.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

He might have got a warning & that's all he should have received. Unless he was previously warned. The rules should address the warning or warnings. Wink

The 2023 Rulebook spells it out pretty clearly for DQ.

"Anytime it has been judged that excessive braking has resulted in loss of control that results in contact with the guardwall and/or light fixtures or crossing the center boundary lines, INCLUDING PAST THE FINISH LINE, the contestant will be disqualified."

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2729 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

Any of the Four horseman in that camp have earned more money racing, than you will in your entirety of your dismal life.

Wrong talk about what you know not what you think you know. I make more in 1 year then all 4 of them have made racing. Fact!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

Wrong talk about what you know not what you think you know. I make more in 1 year then all 4 of them have made racing. Fact!

Maybe you don't follow Stock or Super Stock Eliminator, but I guarantee the Emmons have won far more than you in one year.
Not to take anything away from you,but except for this message board, I have never even heard of you in the drag racing world.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
In the history of NHRA, has anyone ever won a 10.90 National Event Super Street Wally on 10" x 28" tire?

I have a good idea who'll be first to do it.

What would make winning with a 10"x 28" tire such an accomplishment in Super Street?
There might even be a few with 9 inch tires.They are only running on a 10.90 index.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you clearly failed reading comprehension in grammar school.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Emmons team, which also includes older brother Harvey III, and identical triplet siblings Gary and Jerry have ruled the roost in Division 4 for more than three decades, collecting 47 national event wins and 17 divisional titles.

Most of the 47 National event wins were back when it was $15,000-$20,000 to win a National event.