Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA Super Street
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Paul Winkelbauer won Topeka in 2015 in a Ford Ranger with small tires.

https://www.autoimagery.com/ga...akY/C0000XRS3coFUo6k

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3185 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cool, so it's happened once in 40 years or so.

I'm surprised someone hasn't run the board on a MT 30551 10 x 28", excellent tire.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

You have a history of following the crowd for your scheduled injections.

You know, "those with a brain". LoL

You have a history of being a retard and a cone killer.....

Make up a lie, a big one. Repeat it over and over until it is believed.

Tucker Carlson can show you video of the deadly insurrection that never happened and I can show you video and still shot photo's of the deadly insurrection on the cone at Bradenton that never happened, yet you Libtards repeat it as if it did.

Jimmy Dore is a Democrat, and he's even call out you Libtards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
You are funny...I'll give you that much....LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm surprised someone hasn't run the board on a MT 30551 10 x 28", excellent tire.

Who knows how many times it’s been done? You asked a question and, yes, it has been done.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3185 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bracket racers on small tires both 9” and 10” tires run S/ST all over the country, after all it is supposed to be the entry level class to the NHRA snd LODRS Sportsman classes and too many to count have won on these tires.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
S/ST isn't contested at all National Events & as far as I know it's at all Divisional events.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2642 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Id like to see something new, brake bombing is old news. I want to see someone crash a car, stay between the wall and the center line, scrub the et needed, and WIN the race. That would take talent. Anybody can dik-nail the brakes on the finish line.... fukn rookies

**edit**
Oh, and make it for round next. That would be talent!

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 724 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Each NHRA division gets one National S/ST event.

As an entry level class, does anyone remember the "Scotty" rule? I remember seeing the Slick 50 Camaro on a ramp truck in the early 90's @ National Events.

Cool

Posts: 621 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

Who knows how many times it’s been done? You asked a question and, yes, it has been done.

I don't follow *National Event Super Street* like I used to because I had 15 year interruption in getting National Dragster Magazine. But you say it's been done once during that 15 year interruption.

I still say it's never been done on a true 10.5 x 28", that looks like an 11" tire on the Truck or a 10.5 W. 10.5 W measures 11.5".

I find it interesting because I'm surprised no has run the table dominated National Event 10.90 Super Street yet, on a M/T 30551 true 10 x 28, excellent tire.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A 30551 is a lot better tire than this one.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find it interesting because I'm surprised no has run the table dominated National Event 10.90 Super Street yet, on a M/T 30551 true 10 x 28, excellent tire.

Nobody has dominated because there is almost no incentive to even run national events in Super Street, and it is run at only one event per division each year.

I also didn't say it has only been done once. You asked if it had ever been done, and I happened to remember one which answered your question.

Tony Leonard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

Nobody has dominated because there is almost no incentive to even run national events in Super Street, and it is run at only one event per division each year.

I also didn't say it has only been done once. You asked if it had ever been done, and I happened to remember one which answered your question.

I still say it's never been done on true 10 x 28.

That's a 10.5 w on the truck.

I'd guess Rollins or Fletcher will be first.

If Rollins does it, he'll be the first to do it on a DOT tire.

That's a cool car too, Unique. Raced with Rollins many times at Sunshine, excellent.

They build their own stuff too. Experienced.

I'd imagine they know a 30551 is a better tire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's no big deal, it's just creative.

Garlits was the King of creative - drag racing.

Different, unique, original.

To some abnormal.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
S/ST isn't contested at all National Events & as far as I know it's at all Divisional events.

2BKING Smile

Atlanta used to be the big National Event Super Street race in the south, now it's Gainesville - GatorNationals.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Emmons will do it again and will continue to win. Great racers do!

Colby drove it right and it could've went either way. Old school vs new school, same game either way.

Congrats to both on a great final round.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Id like to see something new, brake bombing is old news. I want to see someone crash a car, stay between the wall and the center line, scrub the et needed, and WIN the race. That would take talent. Anybody can dik-nail the brakes on the finish line.... fukn rookies

**edit**

Hasn't Dan Fletchers kid already done that Big Grin

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:

**edit**

Hasn't Dan Fletchers kid already done that Big Grin

He did all of that except he lost that round.

Posts: 1171 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post