NHRA Super Street
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
In the history of NHRA, has anyone ever won a 10.90 National Event Super Street Wally on 10" x 28" tire?

I have a good idea who'll be first to do it.

What would make winning with a 10"x 28" tire such an accomplishment in Super Street?
There might even be a few with 9 inch tires.They are only running on a 10.90 index.

In the history of NHRA, has anyone ever won a 10.90 National Event Super Street Wally on 10" x 28" tire?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Surprised he wasn’t DQ’d for excessive braking, he admitted to running 3 tenths too quick “by accident”. He BOMBED the brakes!

just my opinion he didnt look 3 tenths hot...

The Camaro probably goes 139-140-141 mph WFO. The Nova probably goes 131-132-133 mph WFO.

The Camaro knew he was fast because of the shift, when he pulled even at half track, he killed a tenth there coasting (half track) or a little more. The Camaro's drop at the stripe, was a reaction to Fletchers spot drop.

Killer race, could've went either way.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
His comment in the interview, "that was a little too close" translates he's going 10.91, if he does nothing at the stripe.

He didn't kill much at the stripe, just enough to make it "too close". *.002 close*.

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
It's a tough azz class alright. I loved my time racing it. Lots of good people and talented racers. I just don't have the stamina to do it any more.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

I have a good idea who'll be first to do it.

What would make winning with a 10"x 28" tire such an accomplishment in Super Street?
There might even be a few with 9 inch tires.They are only running on a 10.90 index.

Trends

Trending

Commonplace

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The Camaro is a 150+ MPH car and that's more and more common in S/ST and I think he also runs a S/C dragster

He smoked the brakes and was lucky he got the stripe and undoubtedly knew Fletcher would be holding and dropping...I watched the race on the computer braodcast

No one cares what tire is on the car but you and people with a brain will stick the biggest tire possible on there...for traction and better stability going fast

If you want to run in a small tire limited category put a LEGAL B.B. stocker engine in a car built for Stock eliminator and have at it...

An early Nova with a 396/375 and a 3 speed auto or a 4 speed manual and in a Camaro is a 9.70 135mph car on 9" tires running AA/SA....A 427/425 is also Legal in the Camaro

That's a $35,000 engine and that number is accurate since I know one of the premier BB Stocker racers and engine builders...and that is exactly the number he told me he is now quoting for an engine

Have fun when you run on a crap starting line and you blow the tires off as happens sometimes in those cars..

Fletcher has a number of cars and runs whatever he thinks he can win with

The Nova is a basic bracket car that his son mostly races in S/ST and brackets. The SS car he usually runs was down for some reason...so he ran the Nova in S/ST

Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
Bye 2217 Colby Fuller
E4 ****WINNER**** 0.009 10.966 151.99
S/ST Index: 10.90 (+/-): 0.066

Bye 1781 Dan Fletcher
E5 ****WINNER**** 0.002 10.875 137.02
S/ST Index: 10.90 (+/-): -0.025

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
The Camaro is a 150+ MPH car and that's more and more common in S/ST and I think he also runs a S/C dragster

He smoked the brakes and was lucky he got the stripe and undoubtedly knew Fletcher would be holding and dropping...I watched the race on the computer braodcast

No one cares what tire is on the car but you and people with a brain will stick the biggest tire possible on there...for traction and better stability going fast

If you want to run in a small tire limited category put a LEGAL B.B. stocker engine in a car built for Stock eliminator and have at it...

An early Nova with a 396/375 and a 3 speed auto or a 4 speed manual and in a Camaro is a 9.70 135mph car on 9" tires running AA/SA....A 427/425 is also Legal in the Camaro

That's a $35,000 engine and that number is accurate since I know one of the premier BB Stocker racers and engine builders...and that is exactly the number he told me he is now quoting for an engine

Have fun when you run on a crap starting line and you blow the tires off as happens sometimes in those cars..

Fletcher has a number of cars and runs whatever he thinks he can win with

The Nova is a basic bracket car that his son mostly races in S/ST and brackets. The SS car he usually runs was down for some reason...so he ran the Nova in S/ST

Bye 2217 Colby Fuller
E4 ****WINNER**** 0.009 10.966 151.99
S/ST Index: 10.90 (+/-): 0.066

Bye 1781 Dan Fletcher
E5 ****WINNER**** 0.002 10.875 137.02
S/ST Index: 10.90 (+/-): -0.025

I think a 10 x 28 in the final is interesting. Nothing more nothing less.

It's unique. Takes guts to be unique-original.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You're a follower SCDIV1, I wouldn't expect you'd understand.

You have a history of following the crowd for your scheduled injections.

You know, "those with a brain". LoL

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Ok it wasn’t Gainesville. The fact remains that he was DQ’d again this month for excessive braking.

Statement of Action Against Participant
Jerry Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Super Stock entry for excessive breaking. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.

More…

Statement of Action Against Participant
Harvey Emmons was disqualified from the Division 4 Event 41 in his Stock entry for violating the window net, helmet visor, neck collar and glove requirements. Mr. Emmons will receive 0 points from the event which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 national scored events for the current season. The disqualification is not appealable.

WTF is wrong with all of them.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They obviously don’t give a fuc

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not a 10x28 on Timothy Fletcher's car....

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm unsure of tire size and if he won a National Event but Marty Ganjoin (RIP) did very well in Div One in S/ST on a small tire.I know he was All-star representative before.

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Marty ran a 10” tire

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1800gb:
Not a 10x28 on Timothy Fletcher's car...

Looks like one, what do you think it is?

I just think it's a cool car to win/runner up a Super Street race, looks like a factory Nova.

Looks great. I think if it wins some races, you'll see more of these types of factory hot rods, jump in.

Better than them being at car shows, or worse, rusting out in someones backyard.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have a history of being a retard and a cone killer.....

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I always get a big Azz laugh out of the stupidity people on here blazingly wear as a badge of knowledge of racers they only know thru the internet LMAO

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:

You have a history of being a retard and a cone killer.....

Tucker Carlson can show you video of the deadly insurrection that never happened and I can show you video and still shot photo's of the deadly insurrection on the cone at Bradenton that never happened, yet you Libtards repeat it as if it did.

What is it with Libtards and their fantasy stories?

Libtards - Facts don't matter.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k107:
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I'm unsure of tire size and if he won a National Event but Marty Ganjoin (RIP) did very well in Div One in S/ST on a small tire.I know he was All-star representative before.

Marty's 69 Camaro was still stock fender wells I believe, won three div 1 championships 2003,2008,2009. Not much that hasn't been done before in this sport. He was a great racer, helped me a lot in 2019 when I first raced at divisionals. He and his wife passed in 2020. Thanks for mentioning him.

Posts: 38 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I’ve won two division championships on 9” radials. 30 x 9 in 2015 and 28 x 9 in 2021. Full backseat, leaf springs, just under 3600 lbs.

John Rollins from the Gainesville area has done very well on a small tire. The reigning D4 champ runs a Gremlin with small tires and mufflers. I think that might see street miles.

There are plenty of great small tire bracket cars that would be just as good in Super Street. It’s not a big deal.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I’ve won two division championships on 9” radials. 30 x 9 in 2015 and 28 x 9 in 2021. Full backseat, leaf springs, just under 3600 lbs.

John Rollins from the Gainesville area has done very well on a small tire. The reigning D4 champ runs a Gremlin with small tires and mufflers. I think that might see street miles.

There are plenty of great small tire bracket cars that would be just as good in Super Street. It’s not a big deal.

A question is not a big deal.

Here's the question again, it's not a big deal unless you make it one.