DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Big changes coming to a drag strip near you!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big changes coming to a drag strip near you!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike R and 1320 sure like to wreck a thread and make it all about themselves!

Back to the topic, how do you tech an electric car?
I'm guessing you could make one repeat with the right programming but how would anyone be able to find it?

If the batteries were charged at 100% or 80% capacity and a processor would only constantly supply power output required for batteries charged at 70% ?

It would be way over my head.

Back to your regular scheduled catfight.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:

I'm guessing you could make one repeat with the right programming but how would anyone be able to find it?

If the batteries were charged at 100% or 80% capacity and a processor would only constantly supply power output required for batteries charged at 70% ?

Dualing egos..
anyway..

Yes they have overwhelming technology our current cars don’t have. The basics, track , tires, lights, stripe driving are the same however the advanced power system is far superior to ours, ie; weather doesn’t affect them. Becomes easier to dial. Yes I’m sure battery temp and charge are factors... think about it.. Autonomous driving??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

Dualing egos..
anyway..

Yes they have overwhelming technology our current cars don’t have. The basics, track , tires, lights, stripe driving are the same however the advanced power system is far superior to ours, ie; weather doesn’t affect them. Becomes easier to dial. Yes I’m sure battery temp and charge are factors... think about it.. Autonomous driving??

I could care less about Ed. I can learn zero from Ed.

I'm tired of officials throwing there weight around at their will because nobody stands up.

It'll dawn on you what I'm fed up with over the next year as your freedom becomes more and more controlled by the whims of arbitrary power.

You can't fight city hall alongside an entire society that has become spineless, shallow, weak and self absorbed.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the tesla I ran against seemed more suspect to traction inconsistencies. even though it was all wheel drive it still would spin some at the hit. it looked like the mustangs were hooked up pretty well.

for those that saw them in person, did they seem pretty consistent? just curious

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
pauley, I don't know if the CJ1400 ran on Sunday, didn't hang around but I watched both passes on Saturday and it's no bracket car yet, moving .14 in ET. Nonetheless, very impressive performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTafMNazoTs

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Won't have to worry about noise restrictions and mufflers clapping

True dat! LOL

Best post of the year.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4014 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't like reading multiple qoutes but this one has a little merit.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

Dualing egos..
anyway..

I'm tired of officials throwing there weight around at their will because nobody stands up.

It'll dawn on you what I'm fed up with over the next year as your freedom becomes more and more controlled by the whims of arbitrary power.

You can't fight city hall alongside an entire society that has become spineless, shallow, weak and self absorbed.

Mike, you didn't reply to the topic at hand which I was trying to get back on track. I probably speak for over 1/2 of DRR that we don't give a **** about you being DQ'd three years ago to win $1000.

I don't have anyone on ignore here but I am getting close.

The CJ does do impressive wheelies!
I wonder what the front/rear weight bias is.
How do you footbrake or TB an electric car?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Won't have to worry about noise restrictions and mufflers clapping

Lmao yes!

Then there's the Grid thingy... Do they bring their own power or will the track be paying for it??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a useful feature, and you can always un-ignore. Further, their name still shows in the the thread sequence, and you can click show post if you decide you want to see a particular post on a one by one basis.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't like reading multiple qoutes but this one has a little merit.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

Dualing egos..
anyway..

Mike, you didn't reply to the topic at hand which I was trying to get back on track. I probably speak for over 1/2 of DRR that we don't give a **** about you being DQ'd three years ago to win $1000.

You call that speaking? Really? I call it an admission you'd bend over without a word, if an official ordered you to.

I can speak for 100% of DRR. They'd give a fok if a track official made up a fantasy story to put the guy they just beat in the semifinal rd, back into the race and into the final round 45 minutes after the guy they beat loaded up, declared loser originally. Then in the days following the race track officials wouldn't repeat the BS story they used to put the loser back in the race, due to video showing their BS story to put the loser in the final rd, was impossible.

Put me on ignore? What do you think this place is, girl school?

Discover reason

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

The CJ does do impressive wheelies!
I wonder what the front/rear weight bias is.
How do you footbrake or TB an electric car?

Now there might be a can of worms too. Can an electric car be made to behave like a timed throttle stop car? Those autonomous driving cars have to have a way to react to traffic signals, don't they? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ok Mike, I understand now more than ever that you just need the attention. I won't respond anymore towards your posts.

You harp on loosing a low paying race for years and want to be respected? Give it a break

__________________________________________&_

You call that speaking? Really? I call it an admission you'd bend over without a word, if an official ordered you too.

I can speak for 100% of DRR. They'd care if a track official blew smoke up their azz to put a racer back in a race, they beat in the semi final round, 45 minutes after the guy they beat loaded up. Then track officials wouldn't repeat the BS story they used to put the loser back in the race, the next day after everyone had a chance to see the replay of the race, on video.

Put me on ignore? What do you think this place is, girl school?

Discover reason

I'm not bending over anything! That kind of talk is not warranted here!

I just was trying to point out that you and 1320 were ruining an interesting topic.

End rant again!

Does anyone here have an electric car as a daily driver?

I've yet to drive one. I rented a gas Jeep that would shut the engine off at red lights and found it really annoying. Is it the same? I wouldn't think so because of the instant throttle response and torque.

Cool

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Instead of putting Paul Revere on ignore, do what I do... pretend he's talking about a Kindergarten coloring contest where the teacher didn't pick his drawing of a sunset and he's still salty about it.

Imaging him at his 30th class anniversary..."I won that contest...want this see evidence?!" Then he pulls out the framed photo. "Look at the color distribution!"

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...it's no bracket car yet, moving .14 in ET.

Too much bottom end power. They need to retard the armature.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
Instead of putting Paul Revere on ignore, do what I do... pretend he's talking about a Kindergarten coloring contest where the teacher didn't pick his drawing of a sunset and he's still salty about it.

Imaging him at his 30th class anniversary..."I won that contest...want this see evidence?!" Then he pulls out the framed photo. "Look at the color distribution!"

It's more like Bradenton Motorsports Park invents a story to put a semifinal round loser back in a race that pays a $1000. Then when the replay video of the race surfaces in the days following the race that conclusively show's track officials invented story to be impossible. Bradenton Motorsports Park confirms their invented story was impossible according to the video replay, by refusing to answer for falsifying the events caught on video, leading up to putting the losing car back in the race for no real reason.

Bradenton Motorsports Park officials lied, and then ran away when video showed conclusively, they lied. To this day they're running from their lie.

You've made your point, everyone gets it, you don't have to keep harping on it over and over. You've already made your admission quite clear that if track officials invented a story to put a guy you raced back in after he already loaded up declared loser, you'd bend over and take it by not uttering a peep about it!! That's you Sally, your admission has been processed and your bend over boy status approved!! Now quit your cry'n would ya? You're already a F'n disgrace to man!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,