New
Find
Notify
Tools

gun buy backs
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nothing more than a liberal/leftwing feel-good activity paid for by taxpayers. How original.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hell 200 bucks wouldn't cover half the cost of the barrel on my ar's. 100 for a rifle.Take a idiot to sell a gun they can easily get 300 for and get 100.

Yes it is Winston Salem.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
PARK close to the buyback area with a sign that says "I PAY MORE"

Better not. NC law requires permit for person to person sale. Had a cop tell me at a gun show(same location as matter of fact) that if I sold the other guy the gun I would be going to jail.

Now if you have a ccw no permit required even at dealer.That might get you by it.

That's not true. There's no permit requirement for person to person sales in NC. Selling a gun to another individual at a gun show *can* result in a trespassing charge if the promoters pursue it. A friend of mine bought 6 guns a couple weeks ago sitting on a bench right outside a gun show. (in Hickory NC) I'm surprised no one said anything. There was also a truck load of ammo for sale in the parking lot at the hotel next door.

Anyway, once again, person to person firearm sales are legal in NC without a permit. No FFL transfer is needed for personal sales inside NC. A big overpriced gun store in Charlotte has been claiming for years you need an official FFL transfer to legally sale a gun. It's greedy gun store owner wanting to make money for doing nothing that spreads those rumors. Federal law prohibits gun sales across state lines without a FFL transfer.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hell 200 bucks wouldn't cover half the cost of the barrel on my ar's. 100 for a rifle.Take a idiot to sell a gun they can easily get 300 for and get 100.

Yes it is Winston Salem.

LOL, according to the ATF the lower receiver is the gun and the only part requiring a ffl transfer. but you knew that. so they should give $200 for a lower. Big Grin

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
PARK close to the buyback area with a sign that says "I PAY MORE"

Better not. NC law requires permit for person to person sale. Had a cop tell me at a gun show(same location as matter of fact) that if I sold the other guy the gun I would be going to jail.

Now if you have a ccw no permit required even at dealer.That might get you by it.

That's not true. There's no permit requirement for person to person sales in NC. Selling a gun to another individual at a gun show *can* result in a trespassing charge if the promoters pursue it. A friend of mine bought 6 guns a couple weeks ago sitting on a bench right outside a gun show. (in Hickory NC) I'm surprised no one said anything. There was also a truck load of ammo for sale in the parking lot at the hotel next door.

Anyway, once again, person to person firearm sales are legal in NC without a permit. No FFL transfer is needed for personal sales inside NC. A big overpriced gun store in Charlotte has been claiming for years you need an official FFL transfer to legally sale a gun. It's greedy gun store owner wanting to make money for doing nothing that spreads those rumors. Federal law prohibits gun sales across state lines without a FFL transfer.

Per search and yes internet is not always correct.
North Carolina, it is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to sell, give away, transfer, purchase, or receive, at any place in the state, any pistol, unless the purchaser or receiver has first obtained a license or permit to receive such a pistol by the sheriff of the county where the purchaser or receiver

I did not specify handgun and shoud have.
On ammo probably not issue since no permit required to purchase(YET).

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Never said I have problem with person to person sale w/o any paper work. I know folks who do it all the time. Me I would never break the la. Ah hell couldn't even finish that statement.