DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join
 
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
give it up Curtis this group is like a circular firing squad you cant fix stupid


The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid
 
Posts: 393 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact of the matter is that we are treating a virus that killed a small % of our population and infected probably 13% of it, with a preventative that we have zero experience with specifically.


That "small percentage" happens to be over SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND people, including fellow racers and friends. Downplaying that staggering loss of human life is shockingly disingenuous and downright sick.

Of course we haven't had experience with these specific vaccines. They didn't exist in 2019. Every vaccine is new at some point. How do you gain experience with a preventative? The idea that we have "zero experience" with these vaccines is ridiculously false. Vaccines were in trials by April 2020, and were rigorously tested for MONTHS before being opened up to the public under Emergency Use Authorization.

Are there risks inherent to vaccines? Absolutely, as there are with any vaccine or treatment.
Should people be forced to take it? Absolutely not.
Does it make sense for young healthy people to be vaccinated? In most cases, no.
Is it harmful for young healthy people to be vaccinated? Overwhelmingly, no.
Is the vaccine a delivery system for Bill Gates' Mark of the Beast microchip and an automatic death sentence? No.

Risk/Benefit analysis is up to each individual, in consultation with their doctor.

It is possible to have a reasoned approach to vaccines and covid safety without adhering to either extreme of the polar opposite hardcore ideologies of conspiratorial anti-vaxxers vs government force sychophants.


__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

 
Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
As long as the politicians can keep the masses arguing about the virus, and not governmental overreach, they win. It should be a matter of personal choice, in a free society, period. Currently Australia is following America's and the EU's play book exactly. In NSW (state of New South Whales) currently 0.18% are testing positive. 2019 Flu epidemic saw 3915 hospitalized, 230 intensive care, 37 died in 1 day. Covid currently, 126 in Australia hospitalized, 65 in NSW, 913 dead in 18 mo., 480 people die every day in Australia. Free money, $600 for loosing 20+ hours of work, $375 for 8-20 hours, state wide. Commercial or retail tenants no lockouts or evictions. "We can manage the virus, the real pandemic is rank political incompetence".

All these governments know who's in charge and what's coming down the pike, and they ARE NOT going to miss the boat. Take that's for what it's worth.


Illegitimi non carborundum
 
Posts: 2320 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they got vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated. Roll Eyes


Given a host a virus has the ability to mutate at a rapid rate, this change can result in a vaccine no longer being effective

I’m not a liberal, just have a doctorate degree in pharmacy
 
Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they got vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated. Roll Eyes


Given a host a virus has the ability to mutate at a rapid rate, this change can result in a vaccine no longer being effective

I’m not a liberal, just have a doctorate degree in pharmacy


Probably similar to the flu vaccines which historically are about 40% effective.
So the answer is to mandate the vaccine?
 
Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they got vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated. Roll Eyes


Given a host a virus has the ability to mutate at a rapid rate, this change can result in a vaccine no longer being effective

I’m not a liberal, just have a doctorate degree in pharmacy


Probably similar to the flu vaccines which historically are about 40% effective.
So the answer is to mandate the vaccine?


I don’t believe in government over-reach. So unfortunately the only way is for majority of people to get it on their own

If 70-80% of the population receives the vaccine it would be a one and done vaccine. However, if it’s less than that it could become a more regular yearly vaccine like the flu shot

Just glad small pox happened decades ago before vaccines became
Political for whatever reason
 
Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they got vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated. Roll Eyes


Given a host a virus has the ability to mutate at a rapid rate, this change can result in a vaccine no longer being effective

I’m not a liberal, just have a doctorate degree in pharmacy


Probably similar to the flu vaccines which historically are about 40% effective.
So the answer is to mandate the vaccine?



If 70-80% of the population receives the vaccine it would be a one and done vaccine.


If a COVID ANTIBODY TEST was encouraged ($38 at CVS),it may show that quite a few people had Covid already and didn't even know it.Natural immunity.
 
Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Numbers are on the rise here big time.
Not out of the woods yet....


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4448 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Numbers are on the rise here big time.


I work at a level 1 trauma center with 700 beds. Patients from around the state have been transported to us during covid who were unstable or from a hospital that didn’t have resources. We had a couple of weeks with no covid patients a few weeks ago. Unfortunately our numbers of covid patients are slowly going back up
 
Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
That "small percentage" happens to be over SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND people, including fellow racers and friends. Downplaying that staggering loss of human life is shockingly disingenuous and downright sick.


I'm not downplaying anything. But numbers wise, it doesn't warrant vaccinating the entire population. You picked at my statement, and then supported it with everything you said after. Please spare me your finger wag.

Edit: Looks like 2/10 of 1% of our population were accounted for in Covid deaths. Not all of this number is considered "excess deaths", or deaths above and beyond what was expected for the year. We know that many died with covid, who were otherwise probably going to be a 2020 statistic anyhow. But yes regardless, the number isn't insignificant. But it is also small for a pandemic for sure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6348 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
If 70-80% of the population receives the vaccine it would be a one and done vaccine.



How do you figure? Sometimes it pays to take a 30k foot view of this. Let's say you vaccinated 100 percent of the population. One and done? That silly. We don't live in a vacuum. We have people from all over the globe coming and going daily. Are they all vaccinated? How many people from Wuhan and around China did it take to start this in the USA? When the vaccination protection expires, we will be just as vulnerable to foreign introduction as we were at the start of it all. There is no one and done. There is no "beat this thing". Those are fake battle cries. The best we can shoot for is protecting those who are most at risk with the shots....those who want it.....and using herd immunity to protect the rest and keep the numbers low. After all, isn't the big idea to keep people from dying from it? To allow people to protect themselves and make their own risk/reward decisions?


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6348 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
All I know is that I wasn't afraid of the "rona. And I wasn't afraid of the jab either. NO ONE on my job or in my life influenced me, but I analyzed the situation, and got stuck. ZERO problems.
NO ONE here is more hard core right wing than me. The government has botched this shyt show from top to bottom. But I can find NO logical reason to not get the vaccine, and move on.

It's working just fine for me.
Ain't skeered.

RIP


It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.
 
Posts: 790 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
If 70-80% of the population receives the vaccine it would be a one and done vaccine.



How do you figure? Sometimes it pays to take a 30k foot view of this. Let's say you vaccinated 100 percent of the population. One and done? That silly. We don't live in a vacuum. We have people from all over the globe coming and going daily. Are they all vaccinated? How many people from Wuhan and around China did it take to start this in the USA? When the vaccination protection expires, we will be just as vulnerable to foreign introduction as we were at the start of it all. There is no one and done. There is no "beat this thing". Those are fake battle cries. The best we can shoot for is protecting those who are most at risk with the shots....those who want it.....and using herd immunity to protect the rest and keep the numbers low. After all, isn't the big idea to keep people from dying from it? To allow people to protect themselves and make their own risk/reward decisions?


So we still get the smallpox vaccine? The smallpox vaccine worked because such a large number of people globally received the vaccine, an estimated 80%

So yes you are correct that this would take a “global” effort. I still stand by my number though of 70-80% combined with herd immunity would be a one and done
 
Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC4400:
All I know is that I wasn't afraid of the "rona. And I wasn't afraid of the jab either. NO ONE on my job or in my life influenced me, but I analyzed the situation, and got stuck. ZERO problems.
NO ONE here is more hard core right wing than me. The government has botched this shyt show from top to bottom. But I can find NO logical reason to not get the vaccine, and move on.

It's working just fine for me.
Ain't skeered.

RIP


Frankly I think that is a prudent approach for an individual.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6348 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
First Trust COVID-19 Tracker - One Year of Data


__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

 
Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/t...neral-warns-rcna1428



2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
1.058
2.98
4.629@149
6.094
7.310@185

 
Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Since when does a public platform have the right to censor information or misinformation? Who is the arbiter of what is correct or incorrect? This headlong rush to believe everything some government bureaucrat spews forth is the reason there is so much distrust with the government. They (government) has repeatedly lied, obfuscated and brought forth krap that its no wonder there is a reluctance to vaccinate. I listened to my doctor and made my decision accordingly.
 
Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:


I agree. Misinformation IS a serious threat to Americans.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6348 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
This headlong rush to believe everything some government bureaucrat spews forth is the reason there is so much distrust with the government.

I don't like being virtually forced into a position, but I automatically distrust government stats. Inflation being the bellwether stat. Then unemployment, they move the goal post (change the definition to suit a political position) then draw graphs comparing decades old stats as if they represent the same matrix... they don't. I'll stop there. Granted, some govt. stats are honest (hallelujah) but when the numbers are at the mercy of politicians and bureaucrats good luck. "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".


Illegitimi non carborundum
 
Posts: 2320 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:


While a ton of misinformation *has* come from individuals and private organizations, the irony in that article is absolutely staggering, as both government officials and social media platforms have routinely ignored science and data in order to promote false information while censoring factual information and scientific discourse in search of further factual information. We've gone 1984.


__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

 
Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 85 
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?

© DragRaceResults.com 2024