Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
The verdict on this case will be interesting.
I think he had a choice to shoot or be shot.
Many people probably think he should have chosen option 2.

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
As he should be, he murdered 2 people

quote:
Kyle Rittenhouse was ambushed and attacked for carrying a fire extinguisher.

I'm sure that's okay with you.
He Done the Rite Thing

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Blanks can blind or kill you. Take Jon Erik Hexum for example. He died from an accidental shot with a blank.

Alec Baldwin is ABSOLUTELY Responsible.
1. Because he is the Director so he is Responsible for the overall safety of everyone and the rules to prevent such accidents.
2. Because he picked up a gun and did not check it HIMSELF!
3. Because he pointed a gun at someone ignoring basic gun safety rule.
4. Because he pulled the trigger.

I do not think Alec Baldwin did it on purpose, I do think it was an accident but he is absolutely responsible and should be charged. And I hate him trying to act like he is the Victim here and it is not his fault. Everything that happened was his fault. If he had a good director on the set it would not have happened. If he checked the gun HIMSELF it would not have happened. If he did not point it at someone and pull the trigger she would still be alive. Those are simple FACTS and if it was your Daughter or wife. Would you still think he is not Responsible?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No, as I understand it the rules for firearm safety are completely different in the entertainment industry. In fact the actor (entertainer) is specifically told in advance NOT to inspect or manipulate the weapon in any way other than instructed for safety reasons.
The safety and reliability of the weapon is ENTIRELY the responsibility if the 'armorer'.
BTW for those of you who carry legally or not, I wouldn't be advertising it.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Why not?

Posts: 6246 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS427IMP:

The safety and reliability of the weapon is ENTIRELY the responsibility if the 'armorer'.

Wouldn't his responsibility comes from being a producer of the film & allowing unsafe working conditions?

Posts: 2977 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:

Wouldn't his responsibility comes from being a producer of the film & allowing unsafe working conditions?

That's the way I see it. A big name actor *may* get off by blaming someone else. Anyone Alec blames was working for HIM, and therefore it's his responsibility.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, as I understand it the rules for firearm safety are completely different in the entertainment industry. In fact the actor (entertainer) is specifically told in advance NOT to inspect or manipulate the weapon in any way other than instructed for safety reasons.

I do not care what industry it is if YOU pick up a weapon YOU need to check it. If it is a REAL gun you never point it at anyone. PERIOD.

I do agree that for those who carry you should not be telling everyone.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Why not?
Why furnish your adversaries information they can only use against you and to their advantage? A good guy (cop) just has no reason to know and a bad guy doesn't need to prepare for your response.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
quote:
quote:

That's the way I see it. A big name actor *may* get off by blaming someone else. Anyone Alec blames was working for HIM, and therefore it's his responsibility.
Wrong

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SS427IMP:

I do not care what industry it is if YOU pick up a weapon YOU need to check it. If it is a REAL gun you never point it at anyone. PERIOD.

I get it. So every Western or war movie should never be made because the actors actually point real guns at people. Right.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
quote:
quote:

Wrong

Alec Baldwin's claim he's not responsible for Halyna Hutchins' death is not echoed by the woman leading the "Rust" shooting investigation -- instead, she says Baldwin, and several others, could still be charged for their roles in the tragedy.

Her Office, along with the Sheriff's Dept., hasn't completed their probe yet ... and she's making it clear no decisions have been made about exactly who could be charged. She says, "Once I have had the opportunity to review the complete investigation, certain individuals may be criminally culpable for his/her actions and/or inactions on the set of Rust."

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/03...ary-carmack-altwies/

Posts: 2977 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The perverted POS got on national TV and lied his a$$ off.
Experts that know this weapon have stated that it absolutely could not have happened the way he claimed it did!
Man slaughter for pointing a weapon at someone and pulling the trigger is too good for this A-hole!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
What happened to the rumor that she was involved in a documentary / expose' of the hollyweird pedophiles?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
if you haven't already seen them, check out John
Scheideer's of Dukes of Hazards videos on Youtube.

Here are links to a couple of them. He describes handling guns on a set and who has responsabilty for what. The news anchors doing the interview on the first link become very uncomfortable towards the end of the video when he says someone is at fault and should be charged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6gudWsxIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYvvTu-UYM

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
if you haven't already seen them, check out John
Scheideer's of Dukes of Hazards videos on Youtube.

Here are links to a couple of them. He describes handling guns on a set and who has responsabilty for what. The news anchors doing the interview on the first link become very uncomfortable towards the end of the video when he says someone is at fault and should be charged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6gudWsxIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYvvTu-UYM

Everyone should take the time to watch those two videos from a guy who works on movie sets and has gun safety experience.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"