DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    weird market for the buyer right now.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

weird market for the buyer right now.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
What made steel go up so much?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
What made steel go up so much?

Most of steel comes from China and they have Tariffs on it right now. Dictator Biden will probably end the Tariffs to help out China but I do not now how much if any prices will come down.

America was the industry leader in everything but that is quickly slipping away. One good thing about the Tariffs is it has brought back a lot of American industry jobs and I think would have gotten even better. That all stops right now. Plus if Dictator Biden does raise the minimum wage to $15 everything here will go up some and jobs will go to China faster. That is not meant as a political statement just a fact, as the cost of doing business here (Wages and cost of goods) goes up the cheaper products from China have a bigger advantage. Simple fact.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread. I'm thinking real hard about selling now - just the car (S/C dragster) for now, keep the trailer in case I lose my mind and get back in. Just follow pricing seen on RJ???? Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
The Communist Chinese will be the proud owner of our market in just a few short days. They'll let you know what you need and don't need.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post