New
Find
Notify
Tools

“The Bender”
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One of the longest weekends of racing ever! My son won one race with his drag bike. It wasn't pretty & not the way we wanted to win, but this was like the 5th time out with our new project. Long story short, a competitor went down after the finish line & got the round win. He had a single into the final, but of course he couldn't make it. My son, had a single in the final & just broke the beam. Our thoughts are with the competitor & with getting better, sure he's going to be pretty sore.

As for me, I ended up going out in the semi finals & 2nd round in the two day race cluster! Need to get the car ready for next weekends cluster. 2 races Sat. & 1 Sun. with JRs running both days.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2547 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a busy time for sure.

Hope the guy that went down is OK!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Moe post some news about your motor installation! Did you make it on the track? Any body know how Vegas 4 lines working out!!! Interview

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Hey Moe post some news about your motor installation! Did you make it on the track? Any body know how Vegas 4 lines working out!!! Interview

It wasn't bad for a green track & my 60's kept improving. We only ran lanes 1 & 2 and had all kinds of computer/timing issues. Next weekend we run on lanes 3 & 4 to season them up. The track is super smooth, best I've ever been on.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2547 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:

It wasn't bad for a green track & my 60's kept improving. We only ran lanes 1 & 2 and had all kinds of computer/timing issues. Next weekend we run on lanes 3 & 4 to season them up. The track is super smooth, best I've ever been on.

It’s like Spring Fling just cannot come fast enough, I’m already to going all new stuff on truck, trailer, and car... Need for speed

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Nick all i can say is that i ran it on Sunday on motor only and it went OK. It was way slower than i expected but seeing how the converter is set up for nitrous i expected some of that. As far as the race i screwed that up first round. I was .012 to his .020 and i caught him early at the 1000ft and started peddling it and dropped the brakes. I killed 7 mph but hogged up the stripe and broke out. I just did a bad job of driving the top end as i had room. Over all it was good but in hind sight i should of through the bottle on it and made a test run but i will just do that at the Nationals now.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Nick all i can say is that i ran it on Sunday on motor only and it went OK. It was way slower than i expected but seeing how the converter is set up for nitrous i expected some of that. As far as the race i screwed that up first round. I was .012 to his .020 and i caught him early at the 1000ft and started peddling it and dropped the brakes. I killed 7 mph but hogged up the stripe and broke out. I just did a bad job of driving the top end as i had room. Over all it was good but in hind sight i should of through the bottle on it and made a test run but i will just do that at the Nationals now.

1-800-BUYBACK? Wink

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Bender Good Morning! Vegas team races don’t have buyback so dailing that 800 number not going to
Work! Moe glad to see it up and running, sorry you hog that stripe. But I’m sure what this motor will do, good luck in Vegas. I had a hole in my diaper that was repaired, love putting it on when the car is only 16” up . Did it twice just for fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
A hole in your diaper,that sounds ****ty.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:

Depends...............

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T/D6591:

Depends...............[/QUOTE

Ba-dum-Tsshh..
Question, is there a hole before the exit hole? You mean what I know?

With a lead filled snow shoe he said; peek a boo... Hairy Smiley

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Bender I knew you would have to throw your favorite brand into this post.

But Moe knows also about this subject!!!! I was not ready for that , he is way to young....LOL

Oh and now Barry is getting into the stink.... Really

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Does your car have a stock front sub-frame?

If so I'll bet the diaper is a challenge.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does your car have a stock front sub-frame?

If so I'll bet the diaper is a challenge.

Yep , front is stock sub-frame with oil filter in a remote area, from firewall back a chrome -moly tube chassis with ladder bars rear...

It was a labor of love Hahaha.... hate to pull it off
when is full of oil. but if that happens I'll have more to think about.....

Right

Moe, are they going to run you 4 wide at Vegas?

Slap Head

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Just like a big girl,go until you smell shyt and than back up a hole. Blue Man

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Do you guys(Nick,Barry,Brian,Joe) get an AARP discount on your Depends? Asking for a friend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sorry Moe I would not know as I'm not an AARP member, Like I always have said anyone that would have ME as a member is a club I really don't want to be a part of......

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
AARP, I think I have some of their stuff holding my engine together............

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just like a big girl,go until you smell shyt and than back up a hole. Blue Man

Whoa!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
AARP, I think I have some of their stuff holding my engine together............

No no no no...