New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expensive Vacation
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't know, what the silent minority thinks but you always have and always will be a hater since you landed here. Meanwhile, I have alot of friends at the track, and they nor I couldn't care less what the pot smokers, drug users, alcoholics and crybabies that need to split at these big $ gambler races think of me.

Have fun getting high AGAIN today. Laughing very hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Stupidity?

You dumb azz you can't even get people in your winners circle pics...

When all those bad people bust your azz at the track, uou will keep crying

Make a note to yourself we wouldn't split with you anyhow.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes stupidity great example you set for your kid. Meanwhile, Kyle has already turned the win light on against Cory, the score is 1-0

you just can't control yourself, internet forum haters never can. You've shown all the only reason why you replied to this thread was to engage me.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, I busted your kids azz 1-0

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
clapping

does this mean you won't be offering me brisket again? Frown

I'll post photos from my $35K vacation to Mykonos and Santorini Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Our mental giant was doing pretty good with his therapy & medications, until.....TORQIN!

Plus, TORQIN is a real racer & not some Wanna-Be Keyboard Racer, like our mental giant. Razz

2BKING is on vacation!

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what a surprise another hater shows up and says the broke dyck now with a procharger under the hood of his POS cutup shyt box that he hasn't a clue how to tune, that won't do shyt at the fling no different than every year past because his duck pond turns into an ocean full of sharks when the fling is in town and he won't be competing in the MILLION no different than every year past!!

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, Like I said you don't really know me...Heck yeah I would offer ya brisket!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
marinated in glycol or cook in cannabis oil Laughing Hard

and I said I don't know you as well you don't know me.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why this thread was staying at the top lol. 50 somethings going toe to toe. Kind of like Shawn Hannity and Heraldo Rivera on the 8 o'clock.

Just remember we're all lucky to have this place to blow some steam off as everyone has something going on whether you know it or not.

Love ya'll like brothers, just don't take things to personal.

SL...

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
61 Scott and I agree

This is what it's all about, not bracket racing

Take photos of sunrises too, at many tracks

National Trails Raceway

Numidia Dragway

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'll leave you all with this for now

Noyack Bay Sag Harbor, Long Island and it don't cost me anything.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard The Keyboard Racer, triggered about the THRUTH & FACTS about himself. Razz

2BKING is still on vacation.

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My wife tried to rent a car while we will be in Kauai, she first tried a cheap Hertz rental at the Lihue Airport. The cost for 9 days $1590. The more car rental agencies she tried the higher the cost grew. The first search started at $30 per day for a cracker box then within seconds watched it increase to $93 per day (same car).
After spending hours on line she found a deal on a Hertz rental for $893 but later discovered that you picked it up at a Sheridan Resort 13 miles from the Airport (No shuttle service, in either direction). They also could not confirm when the office would be open so you could be stranded with an endless rental fee while you return back home.

This will be our last trip to Kauai, I'm not renewing the rental lease. With the money I'll be saving we want to try Portugal or Spain, (Thanks Mr. Shindler for the idea).

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
My wife tried to rent a car while we will be in Kauai, she first tried a cheap Hertz rental at the Lihue Airport. The cost for 9 days $1590. The more car rental agencies she tried the higher the cost grew. The first search started at $30 per day for a cracker box then within seconds watched it increase to $93 per day (same car).
After spending hours on line she found a deal on a Hertz rental for $893 but later discovered that you picked it up at a Sheridan Resort 13 miles from the Airport (No shuttle service, in either direction). They also could not confirm when the office would be open so you could be stranded with an endless rental fee while you return back home.

This will be our last trip to Kauai, I'm not renewing the rental lease. With the money I'll be saving we want to try Portugal or Spain, (Thanks Mr. Shindler for the idea).

Bob

Try turo

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
Getting back to the topic at hand,

RP or anyone else on here if you are interested in the itineraries for some of the trips the wife put together let me know - happy to share. Big Grin

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I was wondering why this thread was staying at the top lol. 50 somethings going toe to toe. Kind of like Shawn Hannity and Heraldo Rivera on the 8 o'clock.

Just remember we're all lucky to have this place to blow some steam off as everyone has something going on whether you know it or not.

Love ya'll like brothers, just don't take things to personal.

SL...

When one or/and or the other specific characters show up, these threads almost always turn into this. It has simply become a long time tradition here. It only does not when no other posters respond. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I actually don't think $7000 is out of hand. I spent that for my son and I to go to LA area precovid. They are only young once. Memories were worth it.

Granted that was for three different park admissions for multi days, air fare, Mustang rental, staying at nice hotels at the parks, In&Out Burger, Friday at the NHRA Finals at Pomona and much more.

I myself got a passport years ago and never used it.

I've been to LA,Las Vegas (actually met TORQIN), Orlando/Kissimmee area, Clearwater Beach, OBX and of course Jersey/MD beaches for vacations in the last 8-10 years. All were considerably cheaper.

I did really like the time in LA but I'll go back to Clearwater Beach if had the choice. Always went in November because my son has a week off from school. Clean beaches, Hyatt Regency was awesome, great pool,bought bicycles to explore then donated to nonprofit,watched a baseball game at Spectrum Field, went to a local pub to watch the Eagles ( lots of fun because of people from all over the US) and you get to hear the Surf Style jingle non-stop!

The Florida Keys are also a good choice, though I haven't been there in 20+ years.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
As far as car rentals, if you are Costco member then use them.You can reserve a car with no money upfront and watch all the way up to the day you are renting for a cheaper deal as there are no fees for cancellation.

That is one thing that has gone up a lot in Hawaii though. Pre-Covid I could get SUV for around $500 for 10 days. I have a 4 door Jeep reserved for our trip on March 2 that is $1300 for the same 10 days.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some of the best sunsets I ever saw was in Aruba.
And they even have a dragstrip there.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post