New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expensive Vacation
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I do and I will. EVERYTHING is about $$ and the memories made on these vacations with my family are PRICELESS and don't know what your shop has to do with an expensive vacation. Confused

That said, the race shop where I prepare my cars, 2 of the best working cars on the property where ever we race, is shared with the best there is at this game, amongst others so I'm very thankful for my friends in addition to my family, my success! I've made good choices in life which allows me to spend whatever $ I want on expensive vacations, expensive cars, expensive trailers, expensive motorhome, expensive house/condo, clothes, watches, suits, etc. Life is GOOD and I worked for everything!!

Now go book a vacation for you and your family

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed,

IF you knew me, which you don't, you would know I been on vacation for the last 5 to 7 years.

There's always someone who has more money, more cars, more race rigs, more houses, more jewelry, more everything.

Book your vacations and brag to the world how much you spent. Not many of us really give a fu ck. Spend as you choose. They are your choices.

Posts: 1753 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Ed,

IF you knew me, which you don't, you would know I been on vacation for the last 5 to 7 years.

There's always someone who has more money, more cars, more race rigs, more houses, more jewelry, more everything.

Book your vacations and brag to the world how much you spent. Not many of us really give a fu ck. Spend as you choose. They are your choices.

^^^TORQIN still gets it, ED is clueless! Wink ^^^

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, I don’t know you, I only know what I’ve heard about you, some of which isn’t good, IMO of course.

That said, I replied to Bob who was questioning the cost now of a trip to Hawaii/Kauai, sharing the cost of my own trip there 3 years ago as an example that I didn’t think his nor mine was expensive.

YOU replied not to Bob rather to question my choice to spend $30k on my family, specifically my son’s gift.

News flash Chris I don’t give a fuc what you think about what I do with my $ nor does my son, nor my daughter nor my wife as well most here.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, great to hear about your family, you definitely do not represent majorities, nor do I.

Have great vacations, spend all you have if you deem necessary.

Believe half what ya hear and a lil of what ya saw I was always told by wise men.

Don't hate the player on vacation while your headed to work...

Posts: 1753 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
You can not take your memories with you when you die. At least you can leave your cars, houses, land, shops, etc to your family.

And nobody is impressed how great Little Ed says he is or how much money he spends.

Vacation is not a competition on how much you can spend, to me it is rest and relaxation from daily work and stress. Right now I would prefer a quiet month in cabin in the mountains over most any where in the world. Maybe a little trout fishing. But I have traveled all over the World and seen everything I want to.
As my house and shop are coming together I could care less about traveling at all now.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris I don’t hate you, again I know nothing about you other than what you have posted here and what some have told me they witnessed at the track. Further, at this point in my life, I go to work everyday because I choose too, not because I have to and during racing season I don’t go to work everyday.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow,hearing some of these costs for vacations makes me realize that working for an airline really has saved me a bunch of money over the years.
I've been to Hawaii more than a few times, stayed at some nice places,and never dropped 30k.
I'm kind of like one of the earlier posters.Been so many places,that I really don't have a great desire to travel that much.
I save my vacation time for going racing.
It still seems weird not to have the Winternationals this weekend.
I would attend quite often as a spectator and it was a nice Winter get away for a few days.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
BULLETIN: Vacations to nice places are and always have been expensive. If you can't afford a vacation, don't bash those that can.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
clapping Right

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Bulletin: bragging about a 30K vacation is just that...bragging, no one is impressed by how much one spends.

Whatever floats ya boat they say.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I lived in Hawaii for four years.....did a lot there...really don't see the attraction for most people...I have no desire to return, and I haven't since I left. Overcrowed, overrated and over priced. You can have a much nicer vacation if you go to the phillipines, Tailand, or areas like that for A LOT less money, and get treated like royalty, as well as having the same activities available to you...if that's your thing. Like I said, I don't care to go. A vacation isn't about how much you spend or where you go, it's about getting away from the daily grind, relaxing, recharging, and spending time with friends/family/whatever..... I'll admit I couldn't afford to drop 30k on a vacation, but at the same time, even if I could, I wouldn't. There is so much more you can do that's better than going to a tourist trap and being around a million other people.

Want to know a fun fact about Hawaii? Out of staters and tourists get charged more for goods and services and also get charged at a higher tax rate....If you're local, either resident or military, you have a symbol on your driver's license that's for a "kama ina" (not sure that's spelled right) discount. Basically what it means is that you're local...so the stores will charge you the local rate instead of the tourist rate.....so enjoy your vacations there......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Frankly I don’t take vacations as you know them. The nicest place I can stay is my own house when I get time off. And there’s so much to do as far as having fun around here that I feel like I don’t need to travel anywhere. Most peoples homes are much more comfortable and less of a hassle than any upscale resort. That’s just my opinion it’s worth about two cents.

I just want to add I’m sure Ed’s home is much nicer than any place he stayed at. Sure it probably doesn’t have a beach, but living in Santa Monica in California for lotta years I’m way past that I.

But this was a treat for his son, And I think The family really appreciated going.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again Chris it wasn’t posted to brag but apparently you and a few others here felt inadequate when I posted it. If I wanted to brag, there’s so much more I can post. Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I get it Ed, so could I. Differences are I don't go around calling other guys broke d I ck on one thread, and on other threads talk about spending 30k on vacations.

Call it bragging, call it worth it, call it wasteful, call it what ya like...I just call it like I see it, just like you. Seriously, no harm, no worries.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I wanted to brag, there’s so much more I can post.

ED, Please continue, its Friday night. I am too broke to go see that Elvis movie again, some cheap entertainment would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Still frozen in Texas

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not feel inadequate, I have been around the World many times and seen things few will ever see. I have standing offers to some of the nicest SCUBA resorts in the World and stay as long as I want. From Turks and Caicos, Aruba, Philippines, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Maldives and more.

I simply do not like travel any more. 18 hour flights or more, lost luggage, unplanned layovers, flight changes, and more.

Have been to very nice expensive restaurants and stayed at some of nicest hotels in the World. At the end of the day I prefer my own bed and American food and the relaxation of my own home.

Most important I do not feel a need to brag about how much I spend and certainly not impressed with anything Little Ed has or does.

In fact it is nobody's business how much I make and where I spend it.

To the original post I think 9 days in Hawaii for $7,000 is not that expensive but if you been going every year I would go some place different. Bottom line is you and your wife are only ones who can decide if you want to spend the money on it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
People with "real money" don't talk about it, nor do they insult others about it. They don't have the arrogance to call others less fortunate broke d I ck under any circumstances.

Most that "think" they got money won't shut the f u k up about money and all that other materialistic crap.

Cheap entertainment? How about repulsive...

If you have the opportunity to take a vacation with family, be humble, be grateful, and enjoy your time with your families and the memories made. It is important!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you just can't let it go, unhinged over a reply to Bob in a thread that was all about money!

You know what I find repulsive Chris, a 55 year old man that's a known pot head at the track!

My money is REAL and good EVERYWHERE!

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
NOW I got ya! You don't know me, you repulsive, arrogant POS.

How's it feel to be the most likely to be disliked at the track or anywhere you go?

Have fun going to work next week.

Keep riding your kid's n u t sa ck, you look repulsive doing it.

Puff Puff pass dip chit...lmfao