DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    2021 NHRA national event sportsman quotas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 NHRA national event sportsman quotas
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
I just read where the pros are at 10 entries each with an 8 car field. I also have some land I would like to sell south of Miami.

I didn’t know you owned property in the Keys...

Posts: 69 | Location: area 51 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I believe that Larry is referring to his property that is 167 miles south of Miami, that would be the "wet" part.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very wet, basically it's where the SpaceX landing platform is. NahNahTounge

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
10 weeks out and 3 of the 6 sportsman classes have already filled their quota.

https://www.nhraeventreg.com/ListEventStatus.asp

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
"fake news and another negative comment about the NHRA by you who competed at just one track this season, a double event last month."

Ed - Why do you always have to insert something derogatory when replying to someone's post? You usually have something of value to add to the conversation, so might I suggest to you for next year consider leaving off the disparaging remarks about people?

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Yet in the SFG thread you tried to make a point about entering a national event on a Monday. This sure looks like a pre entry a couple months before the race, which I was required to do in order to race the Gators. I would be unable to enter at the gate like the option at an SFG event. So which is it? Big Grin

Save the withdraw excuse too, cause that doesn't happen at the desirable events.

Posts: 380 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Barton:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Yet in the SFG thread you tried to make a point about entering a national event on a Monday. This sure looks like a pre entry a couple months before the race, which I was required to do in order to race the Gators. I would be unable to enter at the gate like the option at an SFG event. So which is it? Big Grin

Save the withdraw excuse too, cause that doesn't happen at the desirable events.

Had to reach pretty far to compare NHRA national events and procedures and why they do things the way they do to SFG events and procedures and why they do things the way they do...

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
9 weeks out and 4 of the 6 sportsman classes for the 1st NHRA National Event of the 2021 season have already filled their quota.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quotas 2021

file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/7VC26TQ8/21_quotas.pdf

Dallas was 60 in 2020

Now 70

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
7 weeks out and 5 of the 6 sportsman classes for the 1st NHRA National Event of the 2021 season have already filled their quota.

and 9 weeks out till the 2nd NHRA National event of the 2021 season and 1 of the 6 sportsman classes has already filled it's quota and the remaining 5 are well on their well to filling the quotas as well.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320 racer is on top of this. I have not raced a national event in years im kinda addicted to multi day bracket racing. That being said I think ED and his son are probably looking foward to hanging out togeather and chasing some s/c or s/g and having a blast. Im pretty sure Ed is keeping a keen eye on what their options are as the year unfolds and can adjust plans if needed.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
S/C and SST. The Firebird has more than enough engine to run S/G but it's just not the right tool for that class.

Got a lot of NHRA racing planned but also got a lot of work to get done before the first divisional.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I finally got off my butt this week and started getting things ready although admittedly I have a lot less to do than most. I don’t think we’ll start on time this year with the Phoenix race already cancelled. I also think the double at Tucson will go by the wayside.

Not gonna run Pomona so I think it’s probably going to be Vegas in April.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer, Perfect on SST class. Wont have to beat up the Firebird to get a .5 tenths tree as in s/g .4 tenths tree and the stout power and MPH makes it a big major player in that class. I mostly ran s/c but also a couple of s/g and IHRA hot rod (nhra sst). Early days could use rev chips on timers untill they said we could not do it that way. Then linkage systems,then plate systems,air, electric,etc. But the rev chips. worked so good and easy but I guess they thought it was too simple,so made it against the rules.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post