DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Hypothetical Big Buck race question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hypothetical Big Buck race question
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I love hypothetical questions/polls.

Here's one. Would a guaranteed Million Dollar payout race fill to 500 entries, with a cap of 500 entries, and a $2,000 entry fee and $500 b*yback?

The question is not would you enter. The question is whether it would fill to 500. Take care. Tom Worthington

Question:
Would a guaranteed million dollar race fill a 500 car field?

Choices:
No
Yes
No idea

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
A good friend who races these 2k entry Big Buck races has told me the largest field has been 335 entries . There is more entries racing the warm up and day after stuff but that number is those who are going for the Big Bucks... It should real funny see what happens in 2019 , I be watching from my computer unless I win a free entry...LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Who would pony up to put on a race like that with all the risk?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Who would pony up to put on a race like that with all the risk?

Well, if the majority of bracket racers say no, I would imagine the answer is no one.

But how about we "assume" sponsors or some other act of God makes it possible, for the purpose of this hypothetical question? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
If you look at the SFG 500 race he is upping it 100,000 each year and will end up paying 1 million. For less than 2,000. Million has been around along time and it’s falling behind the other big races. Back in the Day you had a time trial each day and a buyback. Fast forward to 2018 if you test on Wednesday then you don’t get a time trial for any 25k and no buybacks. Sorry but one shot in the dark each day I’ll not go until something changes. Now the million is 2,000 entry and one time shot got cut out a few years ago but still have a buyback. The million is going backwards.At first I didn’t like the SFG races because you had to pre enter and I can’t do that because I never know when I’ll be in town. He’s opened them up now so I’m going to run some of them next year. SFG to the front !!!!

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
If you look at the SFG 500 race he is upping it 100,000 each year and will end up paying 1 million. For less than 2,000. Million has been around along time and it’s falling behind the other big races. Back in the Day you had a time trial each day and a buyback. Fast forward to 2018 if you test on Wednesday then you don’t get a time trial for any 25k and no buybacks. Sorry but one shot in the dark each day I’ll not go until something changes. Now the million is 2,000 entry and one time shot got cut out a few years ago but still have a buyback. The million is going backwards.At first I didn’t like the SFG races because you had to pre enter and I can’t do that because I never know when I’ll be in town. He’s opened them up now so I’m going to run some of them next year. SFG to the front !!!!

The SFG 500 will be capped at 900K. Kyle said out of respect to the 2 million races already being run. The attendance for the triple 25s at the million have been so high that they couldn't do buybacks. This race has been on my bucket list since day 1.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
All this is dependent on the economy....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Looking at the fliers for the Million this year and the SFG 500 next year I think they both offer a great value for the racer that wants to compete in the largest payouts. Both are $500 buy back and both pay back your entry fee if winning 4th round.

This year I liked the races in the $50K to $100k to win format especially when all three days are offered at the same winning purse. I believe (but I could be wrong) that the total purse in these races is large enough in the quarters that it will generate a split. In the races that are less to win I believe splitting might take getting to the semis or finals to happen if at all.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I voted no just because I don't think offering more money would change participation, at this point. I mean, are there really many folks out there that wouldn't ante up $2,000 to enter the current million dollar races that would if the purse was guaranteed? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jimv245
posted Hide Post
I hate to tell you but the Million is NOT falling backwards. The Thursday, Friday and Sunday races have had over 600 entries for the last three years. The Million entry is steep for most, but will be in the neighborhood of 250-260 entries like always.
Will it ever make it to 500? Probably not, but it's still one of the best races there is

Jim Gleason

Posts: 90 | Location: Kimberly, Al | Registered: January 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimv245:
I hate to tell you but the Million is NOT falling backwards. The Thursday, Friday and Sunday races have had over 600 entries for the last three years. The Million entry is steep for most, but will be in the neighborhood of 250-260 entries like always.
Will it ever make it to 500? Probably not, but it's still one of the best races there is

With all these new races I'm very interested to see what happens at the million this year. $675 for 3 25s and possibly 600 cars is no deal these days.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Again, I'm not sure how it got so twisted, but my original question was about how the current million dollar race formula would be impacted by a guaranteed payout. And again, I personally don't see it making a significant difference. Do you? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActionRacingPhotos:
quote:
Originally posted by jimv245:

With all these new races I'm very interested to see what happens at the million this year. $675 for 3 25s and possibly 600 cars is no deal these days.

Well compared to the SFG races you are right. But it’s still a great big money race to attend. You could have a few people that make enough money at Thursday’s or Fridays race to enter into the million.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
only 409 for 20k at super bowl of bracket today. Nope no way 500 would be there for million.

Show them the money they will come!

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So many people want the GUARANTEED purse of $1,000,000.

Then they get to the later rounds and want to start splitting anyways.

To answer the question that was originally asked,I don't see how the guaranteed payout would make any difference.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
569 cars in Saturdays super bowl for 100k.Only problem I see with a 1,000,000.00 guaranteed deal is if you limit number of cars. I wouldn't book it any place with limited parking or curfew,because its going to be LONG race.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
It may not fill but I think it would get close especially since they are letting you make payments to enter these races. Give the racers a year or more out to get their money together and I think you could see a miracle happen

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
569 cars in Saturdays super bowl for 100k.Only problem I see with a 1,000,000.00 guaranteed deal is if you limit number of cars. I wouldn't book it any place with limited parking or curfew,because its going to be LONG race.

There were so many there at the SuperBowl that by Friday they were parked / pitted outside the racer entry gate.

Martin 131 and Dragway 42 SFG events had much more parking available.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post