Find
Notify
Tools

Seat Belts
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted
With the Covid virus there have been all sorts of extensions such as rent, loans, taxes. I even got 50 bucks back on car insurance. Wouldn't it be a nice gesture if we got our belt certs extended a year? Naw, never happen.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AGREED!!!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
How about our licenses, membership fees and chassis certs??

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no reason to extend certs, licenses, membership fees. etc. The NHRA had a full season of racing whether or not you participated.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You know 1320racer you could be a little more positive about this request. All you ever do is present the negative. I think it's a good idea and makes a lot of since. Think of the good will it would bring.

Posts: 148 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You know 50fordsst you could be a little more understanding of the NHRA's struggle to continue to operate. All you ever do is complain about the NHRA and I couldn't disagree with you more. I think this request has no merit and makes no sense at all. Think of the further loss of income stream to the NHRA and manufacturers.

Again, the NHRA had a full season of racing whether or not you participated!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Maybe different areas are different. But we ran almost the full season in Illinois. My son won jr championships at two different tracks, we attended Memphis and Indy, and did a jr money race. Plus I did a lot of testing on my car. Frankly we were wore out by the end of October.
Did some areas not race this year?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY, the NHRA crowned Pro and Sportsman champions as did the local bracket tracks. Just because YOU decided to stay at home because you were scared and /or your communist governor told you to stay home and you listened, doesn't mean the NHRA is going to pay for it.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The level of class never fails to impress.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Full Moon

what part of the truth and the facts don't you like? Spitting

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50fordsst:
You know 1320racer you could be a little more positive about this request. All you ever do is present the negative. I think it's a good idea and makes a lot of since. Think of the good will it would bring.

I'm willing to listen, but you really haven't stated your case well. What is the good it will bring? Why is it deserved? Or is this just an opportunity for cost savings? Ed's not all wrong....NHRA is struggling as well, as are all the suppliers. How does it help the racing suppliers and their employees to do this? Gotta look at all the aspects of this.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If you cant afford $50 to $100 to get you belts recerted every 2 years you need to find a new hobby. belts, chassis certs, licenses are just part of racing like oil, spark plugs and entry fees

Posts: 2524 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY! clapping

Big Steve...KNOWS!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
The seat belt rule was written for the worst-case scenario of cars that sit out in the sun all year with the UV rays weakening the webbing. Has nothing to do with use. Racing or not, those cars are sitting out in the sun.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3216 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So you got the best engineering award at doorcar national. Congratulations from the pictures you share it is well deserved.

Posts: 514 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We had no idea what the season would bring.

Well, we ended running 8 Div races for the first time ever.

And speaking of belts, bought the Pro1 belts that are able to be re certified. very nice set of belts.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wooley thank you.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with any welfare handout due for: seatbelts, license, membership fees & chassis certs.

As for some thinking they have the pulse with ALL that's going on with NHRA. Out here on the left coast it's not the same as mainstream NHRA.

I'll use the Div. 7 Bracket Finals as an example:

Paragraph 5, some tracks didn't race this year. Maybe this happened elsewhere also.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2733 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you've chosen to live and race in that part of the country.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I can remember when a 5 point harness was an exotic professional racer item, and they were VERY expensive. Because of the requirement to replace them, the unit cost is very low.

That said, there is a real cycle fatigue factor to the working part of a driver restraint system. The outer web cover is just that, a cover for the polymer fiber inside that is designed to allow a given amount of stretch at a given load. Repeated use does indeed use some of that up.
In a violent incident, you want all you can get.

I have had belts that the outer cover was used up on in 2 seasons, that makes it difficult for the adjustment hardware to maintain adjustment, I cheerfully retired those belts, like all the others.

An improperly installed or worn restraint system will injure or kill you, it's no joke.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1799 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post