DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Life w/o cell phone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life w/o cell phone
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
So I dropped the POS two weeks ago and it finally got to where no way to use. Been 4 days w/o cell pgone and man has it been peaceful. I did go and order one and it will be here in cpl days, so peace will end.

It occurred to me while looking for one that buying a cell phone is like shopping for a migraine. You are spending money for a head ache either way. If not for waiting on some pieces I am buying for car and need for those folks to get in touch with me I wouldn't care if I got one period.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't have one. Don't miss it either.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My wife forced me to use her 10 year old flip phone that was collecting dust in a drawer. It has been grandfathered in Verizon so it costs me $100 PER YEAR. 25 cents per minute. LOL. When it dies, so does the $100 a year deal.

Posts: 84 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The cell phone saves me time.
When I was on the road a lot it got very tiresome to find a phone booth every time my pager went off. When's the last time you saw a phone booth?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Unless I'm anticipating a call or making a call I leave mine off. Got tired of the warranty calls, Medicare calls and just general BS texts. Sometimes I even leave the phone at home or in the car. Life's a lot more peaceful. Try it, you'll like it. Two Thumbs down

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
If you are not in my contact list I don't answer.
If it is important that we talk leave a message and I'll get back to you...IF it's important to me.

I block any number that does not leave a message.

malicious, like you I know how to extend my warrant if i want..lol

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
you guys are missing alot of f--- with them moments. You know they will not give extended warranty on 2005 dodge ram with 285000 plus? Medicare will not cover boob job for your wife either.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They also wont give an extended warranty on a '91 henway or give medicare to a 21 year old. I also use a fictitious name, phone number and address. Keeps them busy looking stuff up, I can waste more of their time that way.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Supposed police offeicer collecting thing does seem to like idea of letting you know if guy they called but decided to talk to you anyway is on his way home.Since you are screwing his old lady. Uea some times you just got to have fun with them.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is . After week to correct BS. I get replacement and it goes bad in 6 days and this time I had nothing to do with it.

DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
The cell phone saves me time.
When I was on the road a lot it got very tiresome to find a phone booth every time my pager went off. When's the last time you saw a phone booth?

About the same time I saw a pager!!!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 160 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post