Bracket Talk
Life w/o cell phone

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/4897080796

September 26, 2021, 05:55 PM
wideopen231
Life w/o cell phone
So I dropped the POS two weeks ago and it finally got to where no way to use. Been 4 days w/o cell pgone and man has it been peaceful. I did go and order one and it will be here in cpl days, so peace will end.

It occurred to me while looking for one that buying a cell phone is like shopping for a migraine. You are spending money for a head ache either way. If not for waiting on some pieces I am buying for car and need for those folks to get in touch with me I wouldn't care if I got one period.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
October 04, 2021, 08:50 PM
M802138
I don't have one. Don't miss it either.
October 05, 2021, 09:21 AM
62Galaxie
My wife forced me to use her 10 year old flip phone that was collecting dust in a drawer. It has been grandfathered in Verizon so it costs me $100 PER YEAR. 25 cents per minute. LOL. When it dies, so does the $100 a year deal.
October 05, 2021, 09:41 AM
Floyd Staggs
The cell phone saves me time.
When I was on the road a lot it got very tiresome to find a phone booth every time my pager went off. When's the last time you saw a phone booth?

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
https://www.thefoat.com/Ososik...jnkQG5aVrmV3A%3D%3D/
October 05, 2021, 10:26 AM
maliciousintent
Unless I'm anticipating a call or making a call I leave mine off. Got tired of the warranty calls, Medicare calls and just general BS texts. Sometimes I even leave the phone at home or in the car. Life's a lot more peaceful. Try it, you'll like it. Two Thumbs down
October 05, 2021, 03:02 PM
David Covey
If you are not in my contact list I don't answer.
If it is important that we talk leave a message and I'll get back to you...IF it's important to me.

I block any number that does not leave a message.

malicious, like you I know how to extend my warrant if i want..lol

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
October 05, 2021, 08:00 PM
wideopen231
you guys are missing alot of f--- with them moments. You know they will not give extended warranty on 2005 dodge ram with 285000 plus? Medicare will not cover boob job for your wife either.

October 06, 2021, 08:58 AM
qtrrcr
They also wont give an extended warranty on a '91 henway or give medicare to a 21 year old. I also use a fictitious name, phone number and address. Keeps them busy looking stuff up, I can waste more of their time that way.
October 07, 2021, 07:05 PM
wideopen231
Supposed police offeicer collecting thing does seem to like idea of letting you know if guy they called but decided to talk to you anyway is on his way home.Since you are screwing his old lady. Uea some times you just got to have fun with them.

October 07, 2021, 07:06 PM
wideopen231
Funny thing is . After week to correct BS. I get replacement and it goes bad in 6 days and this time I had nothing to do with it.

October 18, 2021, 05:58 PM
The Hawk
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
The cell phone saves me time.
When I was on the road a lot it got very tiresome to find a phone booth every time my pager went off. When's the last time you saw a phone booth?

About the same time I saw a pager!!!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap