DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Local bracket racers need to cherish their tracks
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local bracket racers need to cherish their tracks
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

So we are saying everyone needs to have Facebook? Like a utility more or less?[/QUOTE]

Like it or not, social media isn't exactly new and has become a form of communication. Social media doesn't ruin a track - bad management does.... Social media just spreads the word faster, but it can also do the same for a well run track or series. I knew Numidia dragway & Galot were going to be cool places to race and that the Flings were great events long before I experienced them firsthand because I read about them on social media. The guys who are complaining about missing track info should consider creating a profile just so they can follow the tracks and race series they care about... just because you have a profile on social media doesn't mean you need to post duck-lip selfies or engage in political arguments - just don't post & don't use your real name. I'm sure some guys were upset when tracks got websites 20 years ago and stopped mailing postcards about big events, but the people who were comfortable writing letters & postcards complained about the invention of the telephone too...sometimes its better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TubeCarz
posted Hide Post
Say you owned a track . Before you swing open the gates you have to have insurance , public facilities , electric turned on and a breaker box big enough to support Musco lighting and enough of a staff to keep the place running smoothly.
Racers pile in that do a car count and decide what the payout should be before they ever make a time run. When they go out first round they go home and complain about the purse .
When they go .003 red , it's the tracks fault.
When someone like myself who checks in every six months or so , all I see is a little weasel still complaining about a round he lost .. about a decade ago.
Of course when he loses and Mr. Moya doesn't side with him , O-town will be next in line to be bad mouthed.
Little Mikey .. no one cares to here about how bad you drive. it's people like you who can't control a slow azz Nova then cries for a decade that is bad for track business.
I'll bet if I look around .. I will be able to find the same picture of the same gay pride white firechicken .
If it's old here , it's really gotta be old to watch the same slow **** running every week.

Posts: 428 | Location: Palm City Fla . | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Damn, looks like a concrete palace. Probably couldn't get any/enough cars to show up.

Orlando packs em in, everyone gets along, no drama, smoothest track, Modern timing equipment blue LED stage, and the best food, Nathans hot dogs and their fries are better than Culver's.

It's like a car show turned drag race in Orlando, I've never seen so many nice cars, and I thought I had a pretty nice car.

Highest payout in Florida too, $2750 to win Super Pro at Orlando.

centerline cones easier to hit?

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TubeCarz:

When someone like myself who checks in every six months or so ,

Every six months here it's like your mating call, you show up bound and determined to show the drag racing world just how far you'd bend over without a peep no vaseline, while holding your azz cheeks open for track officials who steal your drag race winnings - money.

We get it, you'd bend over without a peep, if you were in my shoes.

Now move on Sally you're starting to sound like a broken record.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wait for it..... Dancing Cat

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

The "support your local track" cry is a double edged sword... I watched Westhampton, Englishtown & now possibly Atco go away. No one wants to see a track go away but I'm still a customer... how long do you "support" a business that gives you every reason not to? The current owner of Atco regularly tells people "you need me, I don't need you" while they complain about the lack of support their events get. How many times would you eat a bad meal because you don't want your local restaurant to close?

Quite often, if the only alternative is to starve to death (have nowhere to race).

I frequently run at a track that has nearly no traction, is way too short, and has multiple rounds of b*ybacks. But you know what? They are relatively close to me and hold bracket races pretty much every single weekend, including most of those months the other tracks close for the season. The track operator never says that he doesn't need us (the bracket racers), but I'd have to be pretty stupid not to be able to see it for myself. If interstate travel is a regular part of your bracket race plan, then no, you really don't need to support any local tracks. Take care. Tom Worthington

Which track is that Tom since we race some of the same tracks?

Not sure that I've seen you at Coastal but the lanes were packed a few weeks ago when I was there....I got home at 2am

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:

Not sure that I've seen you at Coastal but the lanes were packed a few weeks ago when I was there....I got home at 2am

Heck no, I'm not saying! Big Grin I cherish it. Eek If you didn't recognize my description immediately, I doubt you have run there. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Heck no, I'm not saying! Big Grin I cherish it. Eek If you didn't recognize my description immediately, I doubt you have run there. Take care. Tom Worthington

I think I know where you're talking about....I talked to Michael Crumpler about running there....same place? LOL

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think I know where you're talking about....I talked to Michael Crumpler about running there....same place? LOL

Oh yeah. You've got it then. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Only man in drag racing to dip in the 5's n/a, 10 x 28" tire, 3200 lbs, n/a 23 sbc, out of the box conventional 23 degree cylinder heads, triple chrome plated bumpers all steel factory street car condition, headlights, taillights, blinkers, factory wiring harness.

Keep looking for another like it.

And the driver built the engine, transmission & setup the ring & pinion - unparalleled.

Can't nobody run like that by their own two hands.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
noc

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Only man in drag racing to dip in the 5's n/a, 10 x 28" tire, 3200 lbs, n/a 23 sbc, out of the box conventional 23 degree cylinder heads, triple chrome plated bumpers all steel factory street car condition, headlights, taillights, blinkers, factory wiring harness.

Keep looking for another like it.

And the driver built the engine, transmission & setup the ring & pinion - unparalleled.

Can't nobody run like that by their own two hands.

SLOWEST high dollar build on the planet!
Show a REAL 5 slip not some fuzzy 5.9999 once in a life time pass down hill.
You should hook a chain to that all aftermarket stuff and use it for a boat anchor since my stockblock will donkey stomp your junk any day of the week.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Went to Muncie Dragway in Indiana for the first time on Saturday. Had a great time. That's track #81 that I've competed at. Grass pits are nice, PA works great, track worked great, great people.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post