DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Local bracket racers need to cherish their tracks
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local bracket racers need to cherish their tracks
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Most of you know, Atlanta is gone after the final Night of Fire race 10/16/21. Even though I haven’t been able to be home enough to race much in the past few years, it still hurts that my home away from home, is going away.
Many track have different reasons, for their closing, but once they’re gone, they’re gone.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Well we all know 2020 and that went to ***..
2021 who knows. the NASCAR track is right next to it. closed also. i can tell you one thing. A certain operation tried to contact the track a couple of times. No reply.... 2022? Who knows.

I thought that was wrapped up done for sure. Early on I wrote that track off for enjoyable racing for me. I hear it got better at some point. Beautiful facility. If I recall the rules for overnight were funny at times. It seemed like the start of the day was 45 minutes of various lines of different nature....most involved more money. Many of the employees didn't really seem to have any interest in making the experience good for racers. It always felt to me like the bracket program was a bother, and something they had to do. Not something they wanted to do. So that track came off my list.

As IHD mentioned above, just treat us like customers. Well, like customers were treated before covid would be even nicer.

Oh, you mean like don't steal racers winnings by using lies to DQ them 45 minutes after declaring them winner?

Yeah, that might help attract some new skin into the game.

Bradenton should treat racers like their customers, instead of like their subjects to do with however they want, just because they can steal their money, and make up any story they please, to do it.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:
2021 who knows. the NASCAR track is right next to it. closed also. i can tell you one thing. A certain operation tried to contact the track a couple of times. No reply.... 2022? Who knows.

I thought that was wrapped up done for sure. Early on I wrote that track off for enjoyable racing for me. I hear it got better at some point. Beautiful facility. If I recall the rules for overnight were funny at times. It seemed like the start of the day was 45 minutes of various lines of different nature....most involved more money. Many of the employees didn't really seem to have any interest in making the experience good for racers. It always felt to me like the bracket program was a bother, and something they had to do. Not something they wanted to do. So that track came off my list.

As IHD mentioned above, just treat us like customers. Well, like customers were treated before covid would be even nicer.

Oh, you mean like don't steal racers winnings by using lies to DQ them 45 minutes after declaring them winner?

Bradenton should treat racers like their customers, instead of like their subjects to do with however they want, just because they can steal their money, and make up any story they please, to do it.

Thank god no one believes your delusional lies and nonsense. They have no problem packing the place especially at big money events. The last 5k to win race had over 300 cars with iffy weather. Bradenton is having a twin 10k to win race Labor Day weekend and I bet the place will be packed. They have a great track and a great staff.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thank god no one believes your delusional lies and nonsense. They have no problem packing the place especially at big money events. The last 5k to win race had over 300 cars with iffy weather. Bradenton is having a twin 10k to win race Labor Day weekend and I bet the place will be packed. They have a great track and a great staff.

It's what happened, Bradenton rigged a drag race by lying to put the loser of the semi-final round race, back in the final round 45 minutes after he was ruled loser by them and had loaded up, tied down his car and shut the door on his trailer. Everyone knows and believes that's what happened, they can see who won the race in the photo's and video.

Then, Bradenton refused to give a clarification.

Refusing to give a clarification is an admission of guilt.

No other drag strip in the history of drag racing has refused a clarification.

Now the have fired every single person associated the night of the race except the track manager who originally ruled the Nova winner, the scorekeeper in the tower, the unspoken track manager.

And expect I come back after they lied to steal my money and covered it up.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The real pandemic in this country is Americans bending over for authorities without a peep.

That's the real pandemic, compliance to unlawful orders.

If everyone stood up at once for freedom, we wouldn't have none of these problems.

There's only one path to freedom, justice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's what happened, Bradenton rigged a drag race by lying to put the loser of the semi-final round race, back in the final round 45 minutes after he was ruled loser by them and had loaded up, tied down his car and shut the door on his trailer. Everyone knows and believes that's what happened, they can see who won the race in the photo's and video.

Now the have fired every single person associated the night of the race except the track manager who originally ruled the Nova winner, the scorekeeper in the tower, the unspoken track manager.

Like I said delusional You're Nuts

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like I said delusional

I knew you had nothing genuine to say.

There's nothing genuine about psychopaths, they're trait is the ability to lie as much and outrageously as necessary, to get what they want.

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
It seems like the biggest enemy of local tracks is Facebook and forums.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I have never raced at or been to the track mentioned by the OP. I can just comment from what I've seen at local tracks around me.

A few bad apples ruin it for everyone else. It's the same people complaining over and over. You will never make them happy and they will always be in the center of any controversy or conspiracies. They complain about the payouts, they complain about the staff, they complain about the timing system, the parking, the food, the restrooms etc. They compare each track to another, then when they go there they do the exact same thing. It makes no difference where they go, they complain to hear themselves complain.

I also want to add, track owners and operators should NOT look at or be on social media. They should distance themselves to not get frustrated or make rash decisions based on a few keyboard ninjas.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Agree completely. Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, whatever) do NOT represent the majority.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yet the majority of the tracks post everything on face book rather than maintain a track web site where everyone, not just those on face book, can see what they have on their schedule. I have missed several events because of this.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Yet the majority of the tracks post everything on face book rather than maintain a track web site where everyone, not just those on face book, can see what they have on their schedule. I have missed several events because of this.

Gotta agree with this. Plus with their own forum that racers have to join they can prevent the world from seeing the drama. Smaller circle if you will.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
We're losing our home track, Atlanta Dragway this year. SCM is within reasonable distance for weekend long races which is what they've been doing this year. We were considering racing there some next year.

Frankly, as a bracket racer, the FB post by SCM is embarrassing to read!!! It is real easy to not race somewhere one doesn't like to race. Just don't. Problem solved.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Agree completely. Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, whatever) do NOT represent the majority.

I also agree. But it is always the negative the flies around like lightning on social media, and corrections/solutions are rarely acknowledged by the original poster. It sucks there are situations where the many pay for the sins of very few.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
I read that FB post and honestly to me it looks like they are just trying to shift the blame rather than own up to their decision. I think what is really going on is the profit isn’t worth the hassle but it’s easier to blame the few bad apples and let them take all the backlash for the decision not to run a bracket program. If the program made good money, those bad apples would be banned and they would no longer be an issue. Every type of racing event had its share of problems and problem customers, but an event or types of events that make better profits make it worth dealing with those issues. It is their track and their decision to end the bracket program, so end it and be done with it. No need to have a public announcement blaming a small handful of racers when i’m betting the majority of the crowd however big or small were just happy to come pay their money and race. This is just my opinion of course.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
I read that FB post and honestly to me it looks like they are just trying to shift the blame rather than own up to their decision. I think what is really going on is the profit isn’t worth the hassle but it’s easier to blame the few bad apples and let them take all the backlash for the decision not to run a bracket program. If the program made good money, those bad apples would be banned and they would no longer be an issue. Every type of racing event had its share of problems and problem customers, but an event or types of events that make better profits make it worth dealing with those issues. It is their track and their decision to end the bracket program, so end it and be done with it. No need to have a public announcement blaming a small handful of racers when i’m betting the majority of the crowd however big or small were just happy to come pay their money and race. This is just my opinion of course.

Smart and well stated

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6397 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think this world has turned into a negative world. People always want to gripe about the bad stuff but they never want compliment on the good. I believe it's just the new generations way.

Social media (Facebook ect..) make things a whole lot worse. It can be a great promoting tool or it can be a killer to a business. You get one negative group start on them, then others that have nothing to do with will chime in and blow the whole thing up. In todays world I feel sorry for any person that runs a business. They have to walk a real fine line and the biggest thing I think they can do. Just don't respond to the negative stuff and move on.

The last thing I will say about racing is it changed when big money got involved. Racing now is about how much money they can win. It use to be lets go to the track and have fun. If you win some money great if you don't win nothing, well it's no big deal. But things where a lot different back then. You might have 10k in your whole racing operation. Now you might have a 100k in just the race car. It's a new generation of racing. It will never go back to the old way. It's going to stay the way it is now or just die out all together.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:

X2

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
bracket racing is dying because there's no way to get into it.
Nobody wants to come and get started when all they are is shark bait.
It would be cheap and easy to start a program where beginners would race other beginners, and after they win 3 times go race with the racers.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
bracket racing is dying because there's no way to get into it.
Nobody wants to come and get started when all they are is shark bait.
It would be cheap and easy to start a program where beginners would race other beginners, and after they win 3 times go race with the racers.

Well, where did the rest of us start? I don't disagree that it's hard to win against battle tested veterans. But, it's where the rest of us started. Today everyone wants a trophy the first time they try something. I guess we could set it up that way. But eventually ya gotta swing with the big boys. And let's face it......bracket racing is about cutting a light and figuring it out at the finish line. Nowhere in there did I say you have to have a $50k car. Nowhere in there did I say you should go big money racing while you are getting started. Only well diggers start at the top.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6397 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post