DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG Christmas Bracket Bash 2022 - LIVE Coverage & Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG Christmas Bracket Bash 2022 - LIVE Coverage & Results
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

Rich people problems. Roll Eyes Take care. Tom Worthington Maybe RICH SUGGA DADDYS….a lot of drivers are broke dycts…

Maybe that's it. Big Grin Now we have bracket race car owners footing the bill(s) for fly in bracket race car drivers? LOL. Sounds like Pro Stock more than bracket racing. Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
In all reality it's become high stakes gambling with race cars! Tabs with multiple drivers exceed 5 grand and higher per race with regularity. Many of the winners have never paid a tab out of their pocket.

Just an observation. It's becoming way bigger than just paying for your family to race for some.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
TORQIN…knows!

That said all but maybe 5% are just contributing and have no business being there.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
In all reality it's become high stakes gambling with race cars! Tabs with multiple drivers exceed 5 grand and higher per race with regularity. Many of the winners have never paid a tab out of their pocket.

Just an observation. It's becoming way bigger than just paying for your family to race for some.
Exactly like poker I use to play poker Damn near everyday years ago an they would always be a broke dyct that someone put in to use to raise the pot….Damn clown would call $500 to hit a damn gut straight an luck up an make it….WTF…Bracket racing is no different…the ones that are winning the most are most of the broke dycts…

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
And they still are broke dycks due to splits, kickbacks and % of win back to car owner and/or those that paid the tab.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
TORQIN…knows!

That said all but maybe 5% are just contributing and have no business being there.

the day the 95% learn how to do math these races except for a few will be gone. i hope for everyone involved they cann't lern maths.

ep

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
another thought...

if you give the 5% (which are really talented racers to start with) two entries with 2 buy backs and a jackpot drawing their win % is even higher.

i might can out drive that guy one time. maybe two times. not 5 times.

ep-its hard to beat a crappy driver 5 times.

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
another thought...

if you give the 5% (which are really talented racers to start with) two entries with 2 buy backs and a jackpot drawing their win % is even higher.

i might can out drive that guy one time. maybe two times. not 5 times.

ep-its hard to beat a crappy driver 5 times.

Good point.It's amazing how many times I see a good driver lose first round.

Then,they come up for first round in their second entry.Lose again

Then,they come up for the buyback with their first entry.Lose again.

Then,they come up in the buyback round with their second entry.This time,they win and keep winning all the way to the final.

Or they lose,and now they have this Jackpot thing to fall back on.

Posts: 1171 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
the day the 95% learn how to do math these races except for a few will be gone. i hope for everyone involved they cann't lern maths.

That's funny but don't worry there is not much of a chance of the 95% stopping unless credit cards get banned Big Grin
That jackpot is about as horrible as it gets. Any respect to the integrity of a bracket race that wasn't taken by double entries has been finished off with this "jackpot".
Credit to the promoters that is some easy money for them for sure.

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
pauley...KNOWS!

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Double entries NEVER killed a race. As many won't travel BIG stuff without it of recent.

The Jackpot, well when my kid won the 50k race on the jackpot last week we found it worth the $100 investment...

Some hate the Jackpots, some love em! I will say when you give Cory and others 3 chances to win...THEY will win!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Jackpot entry's are good, just wait until an underdog wins the entire race from a jackpot entry, and see.

He'll/she'll no longer be an underdog.

I think every local track/race should have a Jackpot entry at 16 cars.

Put the money on top/winner.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As long as the jackpot entry drawing is transparent, jackpot entry's are good.

Everyone likes a good Cinderella story.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
a couple of things

Torq-Cory and several others are good enough to win on one entry and you are correct that if given multiple chances their odds no doubt go way up. and i aint mad at you at all for buying the jack pot and am happy it paid off. and you are correct that double entries never killed a race. the promoters need it to pay the large purses. get that as well. please dont miss take my opinion. i in no way feel bad for the 95% and am happy for the winners. my good friend KB cracked them one day.

retow- i am not for jack pots of any kind. if you cant get by 4th round on 4 entries then you should not have a 5th. if you want to have a 16 car high roller deal or something separate but not back in to the main event. just my opinion. and you will never see the under dog win from a jack pot for several reasons. he is probably not going to spend the $ on a chance to get drawed and his name probably not gonna get drawn. and you can bet the extra $ is not going on top of the purse.

Torq, did Folk win from the jack pot or am I mistaken? i was watching but cant remember.

ep

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
when you give Cory and others 3 chances to win...THEY will win!

EXACTLY and the reason why if you can only afford 1 entry stay home and mail it in!

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
EP, I don't believe Brian Folk won from the jackpot side. Kyle Cultrera won in Michigan from the jackpot side.

Everyone has a valued opinion, no harm, no foul y'all!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Double entries NEVER killed a race. As many won't travel BIG stuff without it of recent.

The Jackpot, well when my kid won the 50k race on the jackpot last week we found it worth the $100 investment...

Some hate the Jackpots, some love em! I will say when you give Cory and others 3 chances to win...THEY will win!
This last sentence is SPOT ON…TORQIN

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
As long as the jackpot entry drawing is transparent, jackpot entry's are good.

Everyone likes a good Cinderella story.

I can see the NFL having something like this for non playoff teams.
The Chicago Bears may still have a chance.

Posts: 1171 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
a couple of things

Torq-Cory and several others are good enough to win on one entry and you are correct that if given multiple chances their odds no doubt go way up. and i aint mad at you at all for buying the jack pot and am happy it paid off. and you are correct that double entries never killed a race. the promoters need it to pay the large purses. get that as well. please dont miss take my opinion. i in no way feel bad for the 95% and am happy for the winners. my good friend KB cracked them one day.

retow- i am not for jack pots of any kind. if you cant get by 4th round on 4 entries then you should not have a 5th. if you want to have a 16 car high roller deal or something separate but not back in to the main event. just my opinion. and you will never see the under dog win from a jack pot for several reasons. he is probably not going to spend the $ on a chance to get drawed and his name probably not gonna get drawn. and you can bet the extra $ is not going on top of the purse.

Torq, did Folk win from the jack pot or am I mistaken? i was watching but cant remember.

ep

There's a bunch of underdogs in the race with money for a jackpot entry, including all the big spenders who've never won anything SFG.

That list includes 95% of the field. If you're gonna allow a lot of entries, allow em all.

As long as the winner gets the proceeds, and the jackpot entry drawing is transparent, jackpots are good for the winners racing budget.

For the longer SFG does jackpot entry's, the more Cinderella stories there will be.

The same Exponential element apply's for local tracks/races.

I was all for lucky dog tickets at Sunshine 20 years ago - bigger payouts $$$ for the winner. I also know who came up with the idea.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's all more entry's are - bigger payouts for the winner.

Common sense. Problem is, some don't have any.