DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Well, common sense is still VERY uncommon..........
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, common sense is still VERY uncommon..........
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
The problem is the "Country" is broken.
MANY MORE Dems vs Repubs, so do the Repubs think they can ever win again? Not going to happen.
The democratic party is growing more each year with people that don't care what the price of things are because they get it for FREE.

Here is something that is ABSOLUTELY WRONG but 100% legal.

My wife's girlfriend and husband won the Connecticut state lottery about 10 years ago. ($6 million).
Built the big fancy house on 40 acres, bought vacation homes, bought fancy cars, etc, etc.
Everything is paid for, they have NO DEBT.

THEY get FREE food via food stamps, FREE heat via CT heating assistance, FREE Transportation, etc, etc.

I asked the husband how, he said because they have no income, they only get Social Security which is below the financial threshold for the FREE Stuff so that is why they qualify for it.

He said he used to be a Republican when he worked BUT has now switched sides because he can live a lot better for NO COST.

Like I said, it's broken when a MILLIONAIRE gets THOUSANDS of dollars of FREE stuff.

Let's be real here..If Trump was doing what this guy was doing you'd defend his actions and say it's the system's fault

Trump and people like him do the exact same thing using various ways to cheat the system...

There needs to be means testing for programs that hand out $$ and people are just gaming the system....

Has nothing to do with right or left....both sides do it and steal $ from the tax payers....

Your friend is a crook no matter what side he supports.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
SCDIV1…KNOWS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:
The problem is the "Country" is broken.
MANY MORE Dems vs Repubs, so do the Repubs think they can ever win again? Not going to happen.
The democratic party is growing more each year with people that don't care what the price of things are because they get it for FREE.

Here is something that is ABSOLUTELY WRONG but 100% legal.

My wife's girlfriend and husband won the Connecticut state lottery about 10 years ago. ($6 million).
Built the big fancy house on 40 acres, bought vacation homes, bought fancy cars, etc, etc.
Everything is paid for, they have NO DEBT.

THEY get FREE food via food stamps, FREE heat via CT heating assistance, FREE Transportation, etc, etc.

I asked the husband how, he said because they have no income, they only get Social Security which is below the financial threshold for the FREE Stuff so that is why they qualify for it.

He said he used to be a Republican when he worked BUT has now switched sides because he can live a lot better for NO COST.

Like I said, it's broken when a MILLIONAIRE gets THOUSANDS of dollars of FREE stuff.

Let's be real here..If Trump was doing what this guy was doing you'd defend his actions and say it's the system's fault

Trump and people like him do the exact same thing using various ways to cheat the system...

There needs to be means testing for programs that hand out $$ and people are just gaming the system....

Has nothing to do with right or left....both sides do it and steal $ from the tax payers....

Your friend is a crook no matter what side he supports.....

I agree that this is a crook,even if legal.
My question,though.How did Trump come into this?
If Trump said it was WRONG,the Democrats would be bashing him saying that he is not looking out for people with no income.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Because using Trump as an example is a real good way, to me, to get the point across

He and his businesses are surely guilty of doing the exact same type of things and so are many others.

If you believe it is unethical to do these things even though they are not illegal, you can't support someone who does.

Maybe I should not have used Trumps name but if the shoe fits, wear it....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Working folks pay thru the nose for programs we are forced to by the govt'

If you are in a position to get something back from one of those programs and meet the requirements, fine.

Unemployemet, Social Security, Disability

All programs designed to help or support the working class mostly......

It has all snowballed over the years and gotten out of control thanks to Democrats.....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In Florida we chose education over indoctrination.

- DeSantis

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
People on the dole are by design,,,, communism slow boil.

They offshored the jobs to a communist state, that's not proof enough for you?

If you wanna boil a frog, you don't drop him in boiling water he'll jump out. You bring the water to boil slowly, he'll never notice, till it's too late.

China is the model. Social credit scores, closet apartments, surveillance, lockdowns, the whole nine yards.

You will own nothing and be happy.

Slaves and masters

Feudalism.

Keep buying all the myths on TV (Fuk'n around) and find out.

They probably view us and our system of freedom and think it's terrible

Mass shootings, crime, poverty, racism.....Political rioting...

Freedom and Capitalism has some negatives....

We were good for years and years but don't forget we did have a Civil War and right now the divide is so big it could happen again....

300+ Million people compared to 2+ BILLION people....

No we never should have offshored our jobs that's for certain.....and being reliant on a Communist country was and is a real flawed direction we went in thanks to the people that are in power and pull the strings...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So if you take all Tax breaks as allowed by law you are a crook?
If you worked for a retirement all your life when you retire and start drawing it you are lazy bum living off the system?

But no problem for the 4.5 MILLION people to walk across the border pick up their FREE phones and get plane or bus ticket to city of their choice and get FREE food and housing on our dime?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

No more food stamps for millionaires the Trump Administration’s new rules fixed it...

USDA Proposes to Close SNAP Automatic Eligibility Loophole

https://www.fns.usda.gov/pressrelease/usda-011319

The rule ends a loophole that allows wealthy individuals with ample assets and no income (lottery winners, trust fund kids, and retired millionaires) to qualify for Food Stamps.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:

No more food stamps for millionaires the Trump Administration’s new rules fixed it...

The rule ends a loophole that allows wealthy individuals with ample assets and no income (lottery winners, trust fund kids, and retired millionaires) to qualify for Food Stamps.

I have no idea if this passed. Did it?I can't believe any Democrats would have voted for it if Trump thought it was a good idea.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
quote:

I have no idea if this passed. Did it?I can't believe any Democrats would have voted for it if Trump thought it was a good idea.

The Trump administration did not need congressional approval to limit the eligibility requirements.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
quote:

The Trump administration did not need congressional approval to limit the eligibility requirements.

Well Biden will probably put it back the way it was.He seems to do that on everything else.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lots of info out there showing how this was done, if you know where to look.

You'll never see another traditional American presidency, as long as the current counting methods apply.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
As of September 2022 when we last saw them they were still getting the benefits.
I don't think it ever passed and looks like it was withdrawn.

Rich,
I'm NOT a big Trump supporter, I'm actually an Independent.
However what he did as far as getting this country back on its feet I was impressed with.
That said, if I found out that Trump was taking those benefits I would have spoken up.

Yes, I understand nothing will change. The main reason I like to point things like this out is just so individuals can see how things are broken, can I change them HE LL NO.

I'll just keep on racing here and there where I want, living my life, using diesel fuel, burning oil for heat, etc, etc.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Frank I voted twice for Trump because the other options were not to my liking

He did do lots of things that we liked for sure

But he comes with a ton of baggage I'd call it.

The Dems never stopped attacking him but he just became toxic in my mind and none of us really know what he's actually guilty of....

None of us can change a thing and all we can do is roll with it !

Enjoy yourself like we always did at the track and I'm pretty sure you will.....

This Political crap ends up with friends arguing over various differences of opinon...

My best buddy and I had ridiculous disagreements so bad it was terrible....40 years we were friends...

In the end we never let it divide us....We went back to being friends and ignoring our differences on Politics....

He passed away a few months ago and he knew we were still best buds !!!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Frank I voted twice for Trump because the other options were not to my liking

He did do lots of things that we liked for sure

But he comes with a ton of baggage I'd call it.

The Dems never stopped attacking him but he just became toxic in my mind and none of us really know what he's actually guilty of....

None of us can change a thing and all we can do is roll with it !

Enjoy yourself like we always did at the track and I'm pretty sure you will.....

This Political crap ends up with friends arguing over various differences of opinon...

My best buddy and I had ridiculous disagreements so bad it was terrible....40 years we were friends...

In the end we never let it divide us....We went back to being friends and ignoring our differences on Politics....

He passed away a few months ago and he knew we were still best buds !!!

Glad you all patched up your differences before it was too late.

As I train a lot of younger folks in my career, I am often asked what are a couple of things that I have seen change over the years.

My Answers?
1. Respect for your fellow man. Has gotten a lot worse in recent years
2. Common Sense. There is little being displayed anymore!

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Trump had a "Ton of Baggage'?

The real problem was the Liberal Democrat Media hated him. They will hate the next Republican President to. (If there ever is another)

IF WE HAD HONEST MEDIA AND HONEST VOTING THE WORLD WOULD BE MUCH BETTER. I have customers and friends all over the World and they all say American President is the President of the World and when America does good so do they.

In 2003 I had been watching CNN most of the time then I went to Turkey on business and I was watching the news there about the Iraq war and I realized that CNN was not telling us the whole story. They were doing it to make us think it was not as it appeared. (Lying to us by omission) Now they outright lie to us about everything and some still eat it up with out questioning it.
They are still hiding the Hunter Biden laptop, Hillary's emails, 10% cut for the "Big Guy" Joe Biden, Epstiens clients and more yet nobody questions it.

And the double standard in our laws should bother any law abiding American. Yet nobody seems to care.

If those things do not bother you then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM IN AMERICA. I want to be told the Truth, the WHOLE truth and then I will decide from there.

All day, every day the media told us how bad Trump was and Stupid people ate it up.
Was it that he was working to secure the Border?
Was it that he made us Energy independent?
Was it low Gas Prices?
Was it accountability from Government?
Was it how he shut down Kim Jung Un in North Korea?
Was it how he helped calm whole rest of thew World and started getting us out of wars?
Was it how he fast tracked Covid vaccine to get it to us in 8 months verses 8 years?

Yet those same people call Biden a great leader...... You can not make this sh!+ up folks.
Those same people loved Trump until he said he was going to run for office. Then it was constant lies about how terrible he was. Question is do you believe the Media or what you see with your own eyes, pocketbook and around the World. Just remember when you stick your head in the sand your @$$ is in the air.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Koolaid drinker alert...!! LOL

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Trump has way more than the liberal mainstream media hating him. The Republican establishment hates him, the Wall Street Journal hates him, etc, etc. Trump is a threat to EVERYONE who is riding the current status quo gravy train.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
He's toxic...

Whatever good he did or could do is outweighed by his current status.

No question he did some good things as far as many of us feel but he lost his appeal to many including me. To far right for half the country just like Biden is to far Left for many of us.

Yes he was and is hated by many for his words and actions. Some of it self inflicted and yes the left did everything in their power to get rid of him...

Impeached twice....whether it was deserved or not....Nixon resigned....Trump's ego won't let him do any such thing.

Give me someone else and if he would back them, maybe they could win....a big maybe....

I'm sick of him and his followers....