DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Galot St Patricks race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galot St Patricks race
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
By my count 338 down the track first round. But the surprise to me was 166 foot brake cars, 164 top door cars and ONLY 108 dragsters. Numbers are what I counted so at least pretty close. I left after first round.

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Too cold for fast dragsters

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This happened earlier in rd 1 and am unsure what the cause was.The clean up was only where the car stopped. View at 2:44:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfgzoFU1hMk

Posts: 2612 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Cory went 4.42 156 on Friday...set up soft...steel 632 SR20...4.10 gear helps in colder conditions.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Ouch - that was a nice car. Hate to see that.

Mike

Posts: 1589 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
This happened earlier in rd 1 and am unsure what the cause was.The clean up was only where the car stopped. View at 2:44:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfgzoFU1hMk

If you're looking close, it looks like there's something coming out of the engine, right before it went sideways. I'm guessing a freeze plug came out.???? Obviously the engine was still running for some time on it's roof.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, that event outcome was a disappointment. However, I have to admit, if I had only paid for a Friday night entry, and made more than my entry fee back, I'd have been happy. And a single entry on Friday night would likely have been my approach. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1260 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Racing when it’s low 50s for the high and low 40s when the sun goes down in March and October, no mind November on the East coast is sketchy at best has been the cause of many wrecks only made worse buy some tracks poor track prep. I’ll pass, plenty of safer race days from April through September.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Racing when it’s low 50s for the high and low 40s when the sun goes down in March and October, no mind November on the East coast is sketchy at best has been the cause of many wrecks only made worse buy some tracks poor track prep. I’ll pass, plenty of safer race days from April through September.

I remember one time at E town in early November i had the left lane and a dragster in the right. The tree came down and i just spun, hit 2nd gear and didnt move off the line. The dragster just missed the tree and was in my lane. That was a time shot. I packed up my stuff and left. I was around 50 degrees.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Many racers race under 50 degrees with regularity...if you don't feel safe...don't race.

Fact is, Many cars at this race were going 4.30s and 40s without a single issue. My son included, who was doubled going to 5th round last night going mid 40s carrying 5 numbers like a boss without the brake pedal.

Racing will always be a choice, not a requirement. Decision is the racers. If promoters call the race due to conditions, it is what it is.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I told Cory he needed to get you out of Texas! The racers showed up, 438 0f them, but the promoter was delt a bad hand. Weather tried to kill them and I am not sure what solution would have made everyone happy. I guess they did the best the could considering the weather etc. As far as getting down the track, I sat in the stands and saw hardly any problems with track conditions. Think I saw 1 car go 4.20+ and several in the 30 and 40s..so it was obvious nothing was wrong with track conditions. I had a good time, saw a lot of old friends, and missed some more.
Foot is doing better and I wore a shoe on that foot for the first time this time this weekend, So getting better it seems. Floyd your crew keeps getting bigger, congratulations. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Fact is, Many cars at this race were going 4.30s and 40s without a single issue. My son included, who was doubled going to 5th round last night going mid 40s carrying 5 numbers like a boss without the brake pedal.

Chris, you of all people know that is not true. your son already crashed a dragster on a cold track holding a bunch and bombing the brakes.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Anybody who has raced at Norwalks Halloween classic knows you can go fast on a cold track safely, I have been down their track when snow flakes were blowing around. Track prep is the key.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I watched much of the race on Saturday and checked the weather report from Dunn showing mid 50’s going into forth rd. It looked like they had enough heat in the track to be safe with cars continuously going down track. They also sprayed the track at the start of third round Top cars and I think they could have went deep into the field or possibly completed if not for the end to end oil down at 3 dragsters remaining in forth round at 11pm.

Posts: 2612 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Anybody who has raced at Norwalks Halloween classic knows you can go fast on a cold track safely, I have been down their track when snow flakes were blowing around. Track prep is the key.

The crew at Norwalk knows how to prep a track.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Chris, you of all people know that is not true. your son already crashed a dragster on a cold track holding a bunch and bombing the brakes.

Ed, you misunderstood the point he is making. He's saying yes the track is cold but if you're experienced it's not an issue. My son is holding 5 *not using the brakes* to do so.

"without the brake pedal"

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You missed my point…When he crashed he was using the brake pedal.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:

The crew at Norwalk knows how to prep a track.

quote:
Cory went 4.42 156 on Friday...set up soft...steel 632 SR20...4.10 gear helps in colder conditions.

Prep, set-up & driving style (not aggressive) are some of the things needed to be successful racing on a cold track. It's a bracket race, take power out & slow your shyt down. Smile

Sounds like Cory was doing some of that!

2BKING sets up to the conditions/circumstances given to him. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2699 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Could not have asked for a better track at HOH…one running 4.22…

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What's true Ed is my son crashed 4 yrs ago on the brakes hard holding 2 hundreds (not alot).

What's also true is many of us race under 50 degrees with regularity. Many tracks ran this weekend.

I tested this afternoon at 52 degrees when in 40s all morning...set ups and driving styles are the differences.