DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    How long is too long?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long is too long?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slantzilla:
I like to stage fast. The sooner I run, the sooner I get to load up and go home.

Seems like the most common thought on a couple post here lately...won or lost...I can't wait to get out of here... Even retirees...

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oops, you are correct. 42 minutes for 50 pair of SC cars. Darn NEW MATH!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I'm typically 20-25 sec burnout to pre-stage, but I've slowed my routine down because everyone else takes so long. Had one run where the starter stopped me to make sure my door was closed, and was still pre-staged in 31.

Watched some of the Fling Allstars. Brannon and Gary Williams in doorcars, burnout past the line to prestaged, 30 sec. (One of GDub's runs: 10!) Some pairs of dragsters, burnout to pre-stage in 40. Cory Gulitti in the dragster: 30, 36.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
quote:
I like to stage fast. The sooner I run, the sooner I get to load up and go home.

Seems like the most common thought on a couple post here lately...won or lost...I can't wait to get out of here... Even retirees...

Actually that was in jest. Last race I was at I loaded up, then sat in a lawn chair under the shade tree and listened to the tower on my radio. Probably sat there listening to the blood bath for 3 hours.

Posts: 73 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
quote:

Actually that was in jest. Last race I was at I loaded up, then sat in a lawn chair under the shade tree and listened to the tower on my radio. Probably sat there listening to the blood bath for 3 hours.

All good...But hang around here long enough and you'll get what I said... Smile

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post