DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA Something Positive
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA Something Positive
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Only since they let the Village Idiot back but I do enjoy having fun with him

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
It is so much fun pulling his chain. He dances well. Laughing very hard

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
I work part time for Div 1 and one of the things we have to do each morning is to fill out a wellness form and have our temperature checked ! We are asked to wear a mask when it is possible ! I hate wearing a mask but I know it is something that Dave would like us to do ! I think that if we all are a little careful we will all be just fine ! Now go wash your hands !

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Watching the NHRA show from Indy, there has not been one mention of John Force. Its like he does not even exist. Obviously they are under orders to not talk about him or his cars

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They talked about it last week so no need to continue

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, did you here that Cowboy told them at the junior eastern conference finals that ain’t wearing a mask?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Gerard:
This site is turning into Yellow Bullet!

Personal and political attacks are always distracting for those who actually wish to rationally discuss an issue!

The attacks show that at least one individual doesn't even read the response in detail before another acid rant!

Grow up, boys, and take your petty crap elsewhere!

Time for a grown up Site Administrator to step in and take control of the BS!

[Let the attacks begin]

It seems site admins will only "take control" if the drama doesn't create hits. The traffic is what gives value to the site. It's all about money in the end, not ethics or principles but maybe the lack of...

It's no longer a racer's forum. It's become a sounding board for a group of individuals who cannot resist the promotion of political division and seem to enjoy it. It's sad! If your opinion differs from an others so be it. Let it go and move on...

Moving on...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I’m positive John Force has pulled the plug for the season! Laughing very hard NahNahTounge

OH OH OH...LOOK AT ME !!!! I"M IMPORTANT !! I AM I AM DAMN IT !

Now that is funny, I don't care if you have a mask on or not, that is funny.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Watching the NHRA show from Indy, there has not been one mention of John Force. Its like he does not even exist. Obviously they are under orders to not talk about him or his cars

Actually,I have seen a lot of him on the commercials.And evidently,you don't have to wear a face mask for a tv commercial.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Actually,I have seen a lot of him on the commercials.And evidently,you don't have to wear a face mask for a tv commercial.

I believe those are old pre covid commercials

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Hey Bill, did you here that Cowboy told them at the junior eastern conference finals that ain’t wearing a mask?
I have worked with Cowboy a few times and he is one of those guy's who is not afraid to say what's on his mind ! I wear my mask to respect Dave's wishes ! We are very lucky to have Dave Mohn as our director ! He works hard to keep every one safe and happy !

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^all of This ^^^^

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm going to stop with the arguing posts. It's hard to do a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I'm going to stop with the arguing posts. It's hard to do a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Good advice. My thinking is you can argue with an idiot all day long and he is still Stupid. No amount of me wasting my time arguing with him will make him any smarter.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says two clueless morons ^^^

THursday Jegs Sportsnationals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00x_NBBCbxM

Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGe4gdddA9Q

Saturday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdz42NsY46Y

Tell me again how...

quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
racer's are setting the example on how to enjoy our sport under these new conditions
BlahBlah Wrong

Again x2...no one is checking racers temperatures, no racers are wearing masks and racers are not social distancing ANYWHERE so stop the bullshyt how we are setting the example.

99.9% of bracket and class racers ain’t ever wearing a mask at the track PERIOD! The track owners and the nhra knows it!!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
I was at the track last week and saw exactly 1 racer with a mask and a handful of track workers with a mask. There were no temperature checks. Only had to fill out a covid release form at the gate.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have raced at 5 events since the tracks opened back up, 2 of them being NHRA divisionals and have yet to be told to wear a mask. They all have had social distancing guidelines and recommendations but none made me wear a mask. Going to the D5 double in Topeka this week, s far I have seen no mention of having to wear a mask in any of the entry forms

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some of the face mask requirements depend on the state.

https://governor.kansas.gov/wp...0200702093130003.pdf

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Here at the Sonoma divisional it appeared on live video that everybody was wearing a mask.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Steve, this was posted on Classracer by the Topeka track manager:

-Masks required when social distancing of six feet is not attainable from somebody outside of your party. This regulation is being enforced by Shawnee County health officials, not Heartland Motorsports Park officials. Masks are not required at all times (unless you're always within six feet of somebody else)

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post