DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    S/C Racer Suspended and Fined
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S/C Racer Suspended and Fined
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What was this about?

Statement of Action Against Participant - Rich Pica

The NHRA imposed an one year suspension and $10,000 monetary fine against Rich Pica for violating NHRA Rules, particularly Section 1.3.1 Participant Conduct of the 2018 NHRA Rulebook and NHRA’s Pit Vehicle Guidelines. Rich was involved in an incident with his golf cart in an unauthorized area involving an individual working the event. This is Rich’s second offense and further incidents could result in further action. Rich can appeal the decision, per the 2018 NHRA Rulebook.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
dang
nhra not playing this year

Posts: 1426 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ouch!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Smells like an ongoing pissing match between one of the NAZI, er NHRA crew and a racer just got settled.....
Welcome to bracket racing Rich!!! Big Grin

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1677 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Being a dumb a z z cost money

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
so, if he decides to go bracket racing, or IHRA racing, and tells NHRA to take a hike, Is there anyway that they can collect the fine? Do they have any legal recourse? other than banning him from further NHRA events?

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by savoyracer:
so, if he decides to go bracket racing, or IHRA racing, and tells NHRA to take a hike, Is there anyway that they can collect the fine? Do they have any legal recourse? other than banning him from further NHRA events?

I don't see how they could. Just can't play in their yard unless he pays.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Technically they can ban him from bracket racing at any NHRA track if they want to be d i c k heads about it

Posts: 2436 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
wow... 10K to a sportsman racer for having their golf cart in the wrong area???

doubt I would be paying that one

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

....sounds like there is more to it than just having the golf cart in a wrong area

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the statement is extremely vague

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

DITTO!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
I would agree, has to be more. One of my biggest complaints about the NHRA is the criptic way they hand out Discipline. NHL does it right, when they fine somebody they release a video detailing the infraction and evidence, and any reasons this was fines vs why sometimes it's not a fine.

https://www.nhl.com/video/fors...277350912/c-57365303

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 313 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
NHRA works like state government,- keep it secret, it's ok to break the law ourselves but not for you, we'll do it our way until someone forces us to do it right, etc . . .
and that's just he transportation side that I'm familiar with.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Reads pretty plain to me , it was his second offense and had knowledge of the consequences after the first offense . How many people read the mice type they agree and sign when racing . Play stupid games win stupid prizes .

Posts: 1241 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Reads pretty plain to me , it was his second offense and had knowledge of the consequences after the first offense . How many people read the mice type they agree and sign when racing . Play stupid games win stupid prizes .

Exactly doesn't get any clearer than this.

"Rich was involved in an incident with his golf cart in an unauthorized area involving an individual working the event."

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I do my best to bite my tongue sometimes. It is their playground after all. I always try to be nice to the tech guys and also the track workers. I've been on the receiving end while helping out once at a circle track. Sometimes people can be real jerks. I found out a long time ago you get lots more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There is a WORLD of difference between Circle Track Racing and Drag Racing. The culture of many Teams is entirely different, the entries are much smaller and Circle Track Promoters actually need Racers, without them there is no show, as in Zero income. They are more accommodating to their contestants but spectator pit access is very limited, and access to closely viewing a car is VERY limited. Want your nose bent backwards, stick it under one of the cars to see how they built the suspension, or what shocks and springs they are using. Be certain that your Health Insurance is paid up, you possibly could need the coverage. Someone is likely to ask you “What are you looking at Bubba”?

NHRA May have a few eccentricities and rules but they are light years more friendly and accommodating. There is no reason to aggravate a Tech Inspector, Track Worker or worse yet a Starter. These are folks that can make your day fun, or miserable. Speeding through the pit areas is a major concern, penalties for endangering everyone are, and should be, severe, regardless of who you are.

Bob

Posts: 3089 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Technically they can ban him from bracket racing at any NHRA track if they want to be d i c k heads about it
I thought about that, but I doubt they have the capability of enforcing that. there probably is no check off list when you go through tech at a Saturday or sunday bracket race.

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post