DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    2023 LVMS Las Vegas Bracket Nationals, Thanksgiving Race(s)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023 LVMS Las Vegas Bracket Nationals, Thanksgiving Race(s)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
2023 Las Vegas Bracket Nationals, 21st Annual Thanksgiving Weekend Special. The schedule is out early & the link is below.

https://www.lvms.com/documents...t-nationals-info.pdf

2BKING won on Thanksgiving Day 2022. Big Grin
Relaxing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
thanks for that info I’m passing it around to all my friends who normally go really appreciate. If I’m done with some of these issues I might even make it.Nick

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My family had no sense of humor about me going to Vegas for Thanksgiving.....They had no problem telling me I was mistaken HMMMM

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was surprised when the schedule came out that early & I was about a week late in posting. While this is good race, it's a far cry from where it was many years back.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
Joy and I are planning on being there.

Why do you ask, 2doggs racing??????

Posts: 43 | Location: Grand Jct., CO | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2doggs:

That's good to hear! Hope to be able to chat with you a little more.

I remember your last name but not your first name?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wanted to as I think i have the blue car figured out finally. But we have our fifth grand child being born so grandma laid down the law and we are going to NorCal for Thanksgiving this year

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by 2doggs:

That's good to hear! Hope to be able to chat with you a little more.

I remember your last name but not your first name?

2BKING

My First name is John.
Right now I'm planning on leaving the wagon at home and bringing my Landshark. I'll run both Pro & Super.
Relaxing

Posts: 43 | Location: Grand Jct., CO | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
John/2doggs,

If I was going to race a dragster it would be a Landshark or a FED, but that will probably never happen! I'm a door car/truck guy & will probably keep it that way.

I'm hoping to have my car figured out before the race. Although I will have no track time until then. The car has not been scaled since redoing it & going to scale it in a couple weeks. While I have checked everything I can & see no smoking gun, other than thinking I need a rear anti-roll bar. We will baseline it & make adjustments accordingly, I'm also taming down the hit to the tire in the meantime.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
John/2doggs,

If I was going to race a dragster it would be a Landshark or a FED, but that will probably never happen! I'm a door car/truck guy & will probably keep it that way.

I'm hoping to have my car figured out before the race. Although I will have no track time until then. The car has not been scaled since redoing it & going to scale it in a couple weeks. While I have checked everything I can & see no smoking gun, other than thinking I need a rear anti-roll bar. We will baseline it & make adjustments accordingly, I'm also taming down the hit to the tire in the meantime.

2BKING
Relaxing

So this and several other recent threads have talked about perfect bracket car. My two cents.
I think the Landshark is a pretty good setup but I still want the motor up front, to me that is just how it should be. A Landshark does have shorter wheelbase and is easier to load than the longer cars. A FED while a total blast to drive and I think they are some of nicest looking cars made it comes with issues. A FED is long and flexible and can be difficult to make work good on some tracks. Tire pressure, weight distribution and tire selection is critical. They are much harder to load and unload than an Altered or Landshark deal.
I fully realize the rear engine, fourlink dragster may be best tool for the job to ME they are generic and boring and I will never buy one.
I race for fun and a generic Rear Engine Fourlink dragster would not be fun to me.
Most all of them are very close to same design and work similar. None of the FED's are the same and some are hard to get working good. When you get a FED to work good you have done something. And you have to drive them different. You can not hit brakes hard or drive stripe aggressive like you do in altered, Doorcar, Landshark or RED.
On my old fourlink altered once I got chassis dialed in I think I only had 2 or 3 aborted runs and they were due to track conditions. The FED and hard tail altered was more of a challenge. Door cars are fun and some are really nice looking.
So what is best? For me it is
1. Suspended Altered
2. Door car
3. Hard tail altered
4. FED
5. LandShark
6. RED

Now many others that same list would probably be reversed. So what ever works for you. There is no wrong answer there.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The old Falcon is working well after winning the 6 round Ford class at the In N Out 75th anniversary festival in Pomona.
I need to do maintenance and I'll be ready....... or I put in the new engine and start over(normal for me). Wink

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Parking for the Thanksgiving Race(s) one week away. Time runs on Wed. along with the Geezer Gambler race.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
TTT for a reminder. Big Grin

The weather forecast is looking pretty good! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Bking that westher is going to make for FAST times… Good Luck buddy have a great time!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The cold arrives in the nick of time, forecast low in the 30's on the weekend.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I do remember some years they had to bump the 6:55 am start time to 8ish cause of track temp, even with the jet going up and down.

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This race can be very challenging for weather conditions, as some know. We all have to adapt to same conditions, whomever does it the best/gets lucky wins.

As for the lows, we had them last year also. I've been tracking the weather the past week or so & to no surprise; DA ranging from 500' - 3,200' & temps from low 30's - mid 60's. The thing I hate most about this time of year is the wind, but don't see it forecasted.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think we have had it all over the years, from fog at 330, snowing at the top end, windows fogging up due to hitting the dew point. I have a video of the rain a few years ago, looking like the Colorado river gushing through the pits. And yes, the wind, eating up easyups and awnings and tipping full 55 gallon trash cans over.

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately we have missed the last couple of years. Do they still do a tram ride to see the Christmas lights?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't think so.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436