DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    California Mask Mandates
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Mask Mandates
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Mask mandates in California only apply to "WHAT" event you are attending. If you are at a football game, a baseball game, soccer match, golf event or for that matter ANYTHING BUT A CAR RACE you don't need a mask. Proof....look at the Rams/ 49's game on Sunday. 60,000 or more people attending that game and very few....including State Legislators, County Administrators, City Administrators and of all people our own Governor Gavin Newsome...almost no one was wearing a mask. This in spite of the crowd being jammed in tight seating, far less than the 6 foot mandate, for more than 3 1/5 hours. Watching that game on TV I saw very few were wearing masks.

Therefore at NFL football games it's OK to forgo any of the COVID Mandates. According to our Governor COVID can only be spread if you are attending a drag race, like The NHRA WinterNationals at Pomona where proof of vaccination shots, individual temperature readings, masks and social 6 foot distancing is mandatory.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Mask mandates in California only apply to "WHAT" event you are attending. If you are at a football game, a baseball game, soccer match, golf event or for that matter ANYTHING BUT A CAR RACE you don't need a mask. Proof....look at the Rams/ 49's game on Sunday. 60,000 or more people attending that game and very few....including State Legislators, County Administrators, City Administrators and of all people our own Governor Gavin Newsome...almost no one was wearing a mask. This in spite of the crowd being jammed in tight seating, far less than the 6 foot mandate, for more than 3 1/5 hours. Watching that game on TV I saw very few were wearing masks.

Therefore at NFL football games it's OK to forgo any of the COVID Mandates. According to our Governor COVID can only be spread if you are attending a drag race, like The NHRA WinterNationals at Pomona where proof of vaccination shots, individual temperature readings, masks and social 6 foot distancing is mandatory.

Bob

NHRA isn't sucking the New World Odor hard enough? Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At the NHRA Winternationals,all competitors(age 2 and older) must wear a face mask regardless of vaccination status.

I'm assuming they mean crew unless they have lowered the driving age.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hillary says we need re-ducation camps to teach men how to behave.

The kooks have warmed their way to the top.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Robert, no proof of vaccination is necessary at Pomona. I might or might not wear a mask. Also all indoor places must wear a mask. Our governor said the game was not indoors. If you look up do you see the sky gov.? I think not!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Obtw Bob, thanks for the Super Bowl tickets at $6k plus. You da man.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah Relaxing

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Glad to be of help Larry, more are available since I fired up the printing press.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My much better half and I were scheduled (and paid for) a visit to San Francisco in January for a week. Due to the ridiculous mandates and rules we chit canned the trip. Since we live in the free State of Florida we decided we were not going to support the krap ya'll have to tolerate in the granola state. It's a shame, there was income lost to the hotel, restaurants, tour operators, Lyft drivers etc. Our financial contributions, by it's self, does not amount to a hill of beans in the overall scope of things. I just wonder how many people have taken the same attitude as us?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
6K I’ll watch from home and buy some new wheels !!! Haha Pro football is not worth me watching! Bunch of jocks!! LOL How many here I’m l going to piss off!!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Nick. I quit watching when they started all the kneeling BS.

Now that the NCAA is allowing guys to play in women's sports, I'm not going to miss watching College stuff either.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
You won't piss me off. I've watched next to no football for years but I clicked on the Div playoffs and got hooked into watching both games. Then I had to come back and watch the conference finals just to see which California team was going to the SB. I enjoyed them all but I'm not going to become a die hard football fan. Drag racing season is just about on us.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sports on TV is an advertising bonanza. No DVR'ing sports like regular TV shows. They can run any commercials they want including political leaning commercials, etc. All the major networks can and do charge ridiculous amounts for advertising and the advertiser's pay it.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
I'm with you Nick. I quit watching when they started all the kneeling BS.

Same here. Haven't watched a single game since craper bitXX took her first knee....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1489 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
My much better half and I were scheduled (and paid for) a visit to San Francisco in January for a week. Due to the ridiculous mandates and rules we chit canned the trip. Since we live in the free State of Florida we decided we were not going to support the krap ya'll have to tolerate in the granola state. It's a shame, there was income lost to the hotel, restaurants, tour operators, Lyft drivers etc. Our financial contributions, by it's self, does not amount to a hill of beans in the overall scope of things. I just wonder how many people have taken the same attitude as us?

Lots! That’s a shame! Yet the Mayor London celebrated maskless with the LA mayor at the game.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:

Good responsible Americans.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
How bout them Canucks eh?

Showing the world how peaceful civil resistance is done.

The Heroes of team humanity, Canadian truckers.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough this has not pertained to other tracks in Cali. Raced there a number of times since all this BS started and NEVER worn a mask. In fact I have never worn one anywhere there. Restaurants, bars, stores, hotels gas stations et. Never had an issue.

Sonoma is far worse I hear. Only allowing 100 PEOPLE to attend a rae and they all much be masked.

AS for superbowl ticket prices $6K might be a bargain depending on the seats location. Those are mostly upper deck tickets. Wanna be lower level at midfield and they are $40K each

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, these mandates are LA County not the state of California.

If you are going to Pomona be prepared to show proof of vax or take a test at the gate and get your results in 10 minutes

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post