DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Missing poster / members of Bracketalk
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing poster / members of Bracketalk
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Stanman and the Wife bought some property in the Reno area and that has kept him pretty busy.

Demon Chick, I'll check on Vicky and Dave.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Demon chick isn't racing much these days. Staying close to home and enjoying life.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC105B
posted Hide Post
TNR

The Bufoons over at Perfect Run.

Waiting forever for Dial Up to Work in Maple Park, IL.

Lotta good folks here back then that I Miss a bunch.

I get out to IL a couple times a year and while it's always a rush to get things done I try to always take the time to catch some folks from on here.

Had Breakfast with Shawn Pinkerton in OH

Hammertime in MI.

A meal with Guy Price out in PHX!

Havent seen Shooter in a few years but know he's still around. (whatever Happend to Cliff??)

The Late Great Steve Oldani..

Lots of great folks here over the years but as was said Life (or sadly death) gets in the way sometimes.

TNR Token Pipe Rack Driver...because quotas have to be met... The Axeman Cometh!!!

How the Hell did I end up back here....& when the Hell does it start gettin better!!

Posts: 1473 | Location: Back East again.. | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DemonChick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
For those from out west,

Demon Chick
Carl Hagen
Paul Nero
Ethan
and can't forget "Lightfoot"

I know there are several others but those are the first ones that just popped up in the old memory bank

Joe

WOW, GREAT thread to start Curtis Reed! Thanks!!

Hi Joe...long time no chat!
Thanks for thinking of me!!
Certainly was a fun time in here, back in the day.

Hi Moe...Please say "Eh" to Paul Nero for us, and a big good luck chasing the dream of #1. We go way back with Paul, and bought a few pairs of slicks from him years ago.

Hi Mike English....Last saw/chatted with you in Pomona at the finals, in 2013, at the Summit ET banquet. Hope life is good at NHRA.

Shout out to Scott Lemen!! We go WAY back meeting here in DRR, and then he came to Mission to race late 90's or 2000?
Same goes with Bill Heard, me ole pal!!

Met many racers/wives in the old DRR chatroom, late 90's (my handles were MissionGirl and TeamMission before they were deleted and came back as DC).
We met many of the west coast racers in person at the Thanksgiving Bracket Nats, at LVMS. We made the long haul for a few years, for some big bucks racing. I even had the pleasure of meeting and racing Guy Price (RIP), which he gave me the nickname 'Nun' because I live in a city called Mission, lol. Had the pleasure of meeting Mike English (he handed me $1200. I won in 'Run for the Money'), Charlie Boyd, Hammer, Stanman, Mike Eling, Eathon, Steve Cox, Mark Kirby, and seeing many more.

Lightfoot (Jim RIP) - so much fun was had on DRR. I was "Myrtle", Lightfoot's ex girl, lol. Jim and I had a lot of fun, pm'ing eachother so we were on the same page, of the days events, lol.

My last race was in Oct 2013. Race car has been in the shop since. My home track is 5 minutes away, went there once to spectate in 2014 and never went back. I'm not a good spectator at the local track, without our car, lol.

We decided to stay home and take care of our biggest investment, our house. So we renovated the house, for 2+ years. Takes longer when you like to do most yourself, and working full-time. We have also spent lots of time with our family, and grateful we did/are. Now both our mom's (90 & 97) are not doing so well, my mom is in hospice and Dave's mom in hospital. Cherishing every moment we have with them.

Not sure if we will go back to drag racing, but we were thinking of putting the Demon back on the street.
Doesn't matter what direction we go with the Demon, it will cost money/time, lol. We will never sell it, to many great memories, plus she still looks good, lol.

I try to peek into forums when time permits, to see what everyone is up to, and check race results. I don't do FB but check out the public race pages from time to time.

Hope everyone is happy an healthy!
Good luck at the races!!

Thanks for the memories!!

Vicki

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DemonChick,

Posts: 501 | Location: Mission BC Canada | Registered: March 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Fuzz
posted Hide Post
The old days. Darkside was politically incorrect.

Fuzz - old skool no doubt.

Posts: 231 | Location: Hollywoods cool Skool | Registered: April 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DemonChick:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
For those from out west,

Demon Chick
Carl Hagen
Paul Nero
Ethan
and can't forget "Lightfoot"

I know there are several others but those are the first ones that just popped up in the old memory bank

Joe

WOW, GREAT thread to start Curtis Reed! Thanks!!

Hi Joe...long time no chat!
Thanks for thinking of me!!
Certainly was a fun time in here, back in the day.

Hi Moe...Please say "Eh" to Paul Nero for us, and a big good luck chasing the dream of #1. We go way back with Paul, and bought a few pairs of slicks from him years ago.

Hi Mike English....Last saw/chatted with you in Pomona at the finals, in 2013, at the Summit ET banquet. Hope life is good at NHRA.

Shout out to Scott Lemen!! We go WAY back meeting here in DRR, and then he came to Mission to race late 90's or 2000?
Same goes with Bill Heard, me ole pal!!

Met many racers/wives in the old DRR chatroom, late 90's (my handles were MissionGirl and TeamMission before they were deleted and came back as DC).
We met many of the west coast racers in person at the Thanksgiving Bracket Nats, at LVMS. We made the long haul for a few years, for some big bucks racing. I even had the pleasure of meeting and racing Guy Price (RIP), which he gave me the nickname 'Nun' because I live in a city called Mission, lol. Had the pleasure of meeting Mike English (he handed me $1200. I won in 'Run for the Money'), Charlie Boyd, Hammer, Stanman, Mike Eling, Eathon, Steve Cox, Mark Kirby, and seeing many more.

Lightfoot (Jim RIP) - so much fun was had on DRR. I was "Myrtle", Lightfoot's ex girl, lol. Jim and I had a lot of fun, pm'ing eachother so we were on the same page, of the days events, lol.

My last race was in Oct 2013. Race car has been in the shop since. My home track is 5 minutes away, went there once to spectate in 2014 and never went back. I'm not a good spectator at the local track, without our car, lol.

We decided to stay home and take care of our biggest investment, our house. So we renovated the house, for 2+ years. Takes longer when you like to do most yourself, and working full-time. We have also spent lots of time with our family, and grateful we did/are. Now both our mom's (90 & 97) are not doing so well, my mom is in hospice and Dave's mom in hospital. Cherishing every moment we have with them.

Not sure if we will go back to drag racing, but we were thinking of putting the Demon back on the street.
Doesn't matter what direction we go with the Demon, it will cost money/time, lol. We will never sell it, to many great memories, plus she still looks good, lol.

I try to peek into forums when time permits, to see what everyone is up to, and check race results. I don't do FB but check out the public race pages from time to time.

Hope everyone is happy an healthy!
Good luck at the races!!

Thanks for the memories!!

Vicki
Great to hear Vicki glad allis good with you guys

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Transman is missed for sure. Wasn't afraid to share some knowledge-and he had plenty to share. Wish I had gotten to meet him personally and shake his hand before he passed. Scott Smith is another guy whose chassis knowledge helped me quite a bit over the years.

Farsebook has done a job on ALL forums, not just this one.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vicki for replying,you had me worried enough that I reached out to a few of your local racers to ask about you. I even cornered Wally at Woodburn this past weekend to ask about you. I am glad to hear that you and Dave are doing well.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Old days were absolutely hilarious, for sure ! Some still still got feathers ruffled, but 90% took it in stride.
Poor ole Steve Taylor (RIP), took a lot of crap, but dished it out as well. Lots of secondary screen names, made it all the more funny.
That kinda stuff made Bracket talk legendary.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Steve Taylor never got to see it but he has got the last laugh as true start is sweeping the country. He advocated for this for many years.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes he did. What was it called drag racing 2000? Tru start changed the outcome of a ET finals,final round this year.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Vicki,
Thanks for coming out of retirement and jumping in to fill us all in on your latest goings on.

I will always remember your and Dave's hospitality on our trips to Mission.

Had some good times at the track operator meetings when I was helping run Coos Bay. Us club run tracks had to stick together to keep from getting run over by the others.

I have not raced for a while either. Like you I make a poor spectator. Still have the old Dodge 64 Polara, and like you guys are thinking about putting it back on the street.

You and Dave take care up there,
Joe

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Where did Mike Hawkes go? Started one of the longest running threads on here and abandoned ship.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This was my first site I went on every morning with my coffee. I learned a lot from everyone, and thank everyone for putting up with me. I'm budget bracket racing still .I dropped out of the internet for a few years but made it back after retirement.

Posts: 30 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
What about Bill "banjo" ?

Lots don't come round anymore...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Mike having some health issues?

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes. Myself and some others on here got together and bought him one of those electric riding chairs after he lost his foot. But have not heard from him in a long time.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I see Mike Hawkes on Facebook and He is doing well.

L8R, Mike

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
I am still around,I haven't been much on the net at all. Been a crazy year with the personal life and getting ready to retire from the military, unfortunately, I haven't been able to do as much racing this year as I would have like to. Plan on getting back into my normal routine next year.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post