DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Et cut off in big electronic races?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Et cut off in big electronic races?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
What is the slowest that you are allowed to run in the big top bulb races?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I believe it depends on the promoter . Out in the west it’s 11.99, but the south and east coast guys have their own rules

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I’d be surprised if there are any ET cutoffs. Have money, will race.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think Tony is right. At one time it was 8.00 in the 1/8 but haven't seen that for a long time.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
I`ve run 9.80`s in the 1/8 at the Spring Fling Million

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 159 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I ran mid 13's in the 1000' at the Spring Fling Bristol. When my first round opponent wrecked in front of me, I realized that it wasn't the smartest thing to be doing. 'Course that didn't stop me from finishing the weekend...

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
I ran mid 13's in the 1000' at the Spring Fling Bristol. When my first round opponent wrecked in front of me, I realized that it wasn't the smartest thing to be doing. 'Course that didn't stop me from finishing the weekend...

Would it hurt less to be hit by a footbraked 4 second doorcar than to be hit by a delay boxed 4 second dragster? Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Would it hurt less to be hit by a footbraked 4 second doorcar than to be hit by a delay boxed 4 second dragster? Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

No, quite the opposite. The doorcar has a greater chance of getting out of shape in the first place, a greater area of impact, and is heavier. Racing against COPOs, Cobra Jets, etc that are running in the 8's in the 1/4 mile at nearly 4,000 lbs vs my 2400 lb econobox with no roll bar and nothing more than a stock seatbelt is also not a physics problem that needs a lot of calculation.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post