DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Republicans are a joke......
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Republicans are a joke......
 Login/Join
 
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Mock:
Still cruzin' the truck stops in a UHaul good buddy??? ]Buckeye Loooser[/B]
Still sleepin' single in a double bed LOOOOOOooooooser?
Rolling : Rolling Rolling
I'm sorry Boob Job...I'm sure your blow up doll keeps you warm at night Rolling Rolling
What's her name Janie, because you keep poking her with your needle dyck Rolling Rolling Rolling



How did you know her name is Janie???????
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
WASHINGTON — Facing a rebellion over his latest debt ceiling proposal, Speaker John A. Boehner has told House Republicans that he will bring legislation to a vote on Wednesday that would raise the government’s borrowing authority with no strings attached.

“House Republican leaders told members this morning that it is clear the paid-for military COLA provision will not attract enough support, so we will be bringing up a ‘clean’ debt limit bill tomorrow,” a Republican official said, referring to a plan on veterans’ benefits. “Boehner made clear the G.O.P. would provide the requisite number of Republican votes for the measure but that Democrats will be expected to carry the vote.”

On Monday night, Mr. Boehner laid out a plan to link the debt ceiling increase to legislation that would have reversed a cut to veteran retirement benefits. But conservative Republicans opposed the plan,. and Republican leaders worried that Democrats would not go along, holding firm to President Obama’s demand that no policy attachments come with a debt ceiling increase.

On Tuesday, the speaker gave up, a dramatic gesture for a leader who once declared the “Boehner Rule,” which holds that any debt ceiling increase should be attached to spending cuts of equal size. A House Republican who was in the room for the speaker’s announcement described the response as “stunned silence.”

At a breakfast with reporters on Tuesday, Gene B. Sperling, the director of the White House National Economic Council, said the president did support bipartisan efforts to reverse a trim of 1 percentage point to cost-of-living increases for working-age veterans — at least for those already receiving such benefits. That seems to indicate that he would have signed a debt ceiling increase with that provision, although Mr. Sperling declined to comment on the exact legislation.

But winning a “clean” increase in the debt limit would be a clear victory for the president, who negotiated a deficit deal in 2011 under the shadow of a default, accepted a provision last year demanding that the Senate pass a budget in exchange for a debt limit increase, and now has won complete capitulation.

“I hope the tactic of threatening default for budget debates is over, off the table and never to happen again,” Mr. Sperling said, adding that the decision will be “a boost for confidence and investment in the U.S.”

Mr. Boehner explained the decision to go forward with a “clean” debt ceiling bill as a reflection of the political reality that he simply did not have enough Republican votes to pass anything more ambitious.
Write A Comment
“It’s the fact that we don’t have 218 votes,” he said after meeting with House Republicans, “and when you don’t have 218 votes, you have nothing.”

He added that he expected almost all of the House Democrats to vote to pass the bill, though he said he would still need to muster about 18 Republican votes to get the legislation over the finish line.

“We’ll have to find them,” Mr. Boehner said. “I’ll be one.”



The Conservs wanted to cut Veterans benefits.

Fawk them Conservs, they are useless.
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mr. Cut and paste at his finest!!
I see your messiah has delayed the
"Obummer" Care mandate again!! Anything to lower the American dream even lower!!! Banging Head Banging Head


Jerry Mock
 
Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
WASHINGTON — Facing a rebellion over his latest debt ceiling proposal, Speaker John A. Boehner has told House Republicans that he will bring legislation to a vote on Wednesday that would raise the government’s borrowing authority with no strings attached.

“House Republican leaders told members this morning that it is clear the paid-for military COLA provision will not attract enough support, so we will be bringing up a ‘clean’ debt limit bill tomorrow,” a Republican official said, referring to a plan on veterans’ benefits. “Boehner made clear the G.O.P. would provide the requisite number of Republican votes for the measure but that Democrats will be expected to carry the vote.”

On Monday night, Mr. Boehner laid out a plan to link the debt ceiling increase to legislation that would have reversed a cut to veteran retirement benefits. But conservative Republicans opposed the plan,. and Republican leaders worried that Democrats would not go along, holding firm to President Obama’s demand that no policy attachments come with a debt ceiling increase.

On Tuesday, the speaker gave up, a dramatic gesture for a leader who once declared the “Boehner Rule,” which holds that any debt ceiling increase should be attached to spending cuts of equal size. A House Republican who was in the room for the speaker’s announcement described the response as “stunned silence.”

At a breakfast with reporters on Tuesday, Gene B. Sperling, the director of the White House National Economic Council, said the president did support bipartisan efforts to reverse a trim of 1 percentage point to cost-of-living increases for working-age veterans — at least for those already receiving such benefits. That seems to indicate that he would have signed a debt ceiling increase with that provision, although Mr. Sperling declined to comment on the exact legislation.

But winning a “clean” increase in the debt limit would be a clear victory for the president, who negotiated a deficit deal in 2011 under the shadow of a default, accepted a provision last year demanding that the Senate pass a budget in exchange for a debt limit increase, and now has won complete capitulation.

“I hope the tactic of threatening default for budget debates is over, off the table and never to happen again,” Mr. Sperling said, adding that the decision will be “a boost for confidence and investment in the U.S.”

Mr. Boehner explained the decision to go forward with a “clean” debt ceiling bill as a reflection of the political reality that he simply did not have enough Republican votes to pass anything more ambitious.
Write A Comment
“It’s the fact that we don’t have 218 votes,” he said after meeting with House Republicans, “and when you don’t have 218 votes, you have nothing.”

He added that he expected almost all of the House Democrats to vote to pass the bill, though he said he would still need to muster about 18 Republican votes to get the legislation over the finish line.

“We’ll have to find them,” Mr. Boehner said. “I’ll be one.”



The Conservs wanted to cut Veterans benefits.

Fawk them Conservs, they are useless.
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I guess that hind tit is still full of Kool Aid aye??? Banging Head


Jerry Mock
 
Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor falsely claims that a new report confirms the long-held Republican belief that “millions of hardworking Americans will lose their jobs,” because of the Affordable Care Act. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office report says more than 2 million people will decide not to work, or will decide to work less, due to the law – not that they will “lose their jobs.”

Shortly after the CBO released the report that updated, and nearly tripled, its initial estimate on the reduction in the supply of labor due to the Affordable Care Act, Cantor fired off two messages via Twitter.


Cantor, Feb. 4: The CBO’s latest report confirms what Republicans have been saying for years now.

Under Obamacare, millions of hardworking Americans will lose their jobs and those who keep them will see their hours and wages reduced.

That’s not what the CBO report said. The report estimated a reduction in full-time-equivalent employment of about 2.3 million by 2021. But the drop is “almost entirely” due to a reduction in “the amount of labor that workers choose to supply” (see pages 117-127).


CBO, Feb. 4: The estimated reduction stems almost entirely from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in businesses’ demand for labor, so it will appear almost entirely as a reduction in labor force participation and in hours worked relative to what would have occurred otherwise rather than as an increase in unemployment (that is, more workers seeking but not finding jobs) or underemployment (such as part-time workers who would prefer to work more hours per week).

That last part — which notes that the drop is not due to an increase in unemployment or underemployment — makes clear that comments like Cantor’s are misleading.

Back in August 2010, the CBO estimated the health care law would “reduce the amount of labor used in the economy by a small amount—roughly half a percent,” a percentage CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf later pegged at 800,000 jobs. When Republicans, including Michele Bachmann, misused that report to claim the ACA would “kill 800,000 jobs,” we noted that the figure was mostly due to some Americans deciding to work less.

Why? The CBO has explained that those with low incomes would have more financial resources due to the expansion of Medicaid and subsidies to purchase health insurance, which would “encourage some people to work fewer hours or to withdraw from the labor market.”

Plus, the CBO said, some workers nearing retirement will retire earlier than normal because the law provides more protections for health insurance, such as limiting how much more companies can charge older people and requiring the coverage of preexisting conditions. In other words, the law will allow people the ability to leave their jobs or cut back their hours without fear of losing their health insurance.


Cantor is 1 of the BIGGEST liars outside of the Clowns who post on this board.

You repubs need to educate yourselves before spreading BS.

Above could apply to muck as he quit working to take advantage of his low income to suck off more of the Govt. programs like the likes of the rest of the clowns who post here.
They know who they are........
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Link or STFU...... Zero aka penis pump 1 Wave
 
Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey BK the spineless Buckeye Boner opened the door to raise the debt ceiling!!!

I guess all Buckeyes are spineless!!! Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head


Jerry Mock
 
Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
One would sure assume that if one went by the brain dead cowards that slither around here!!!!!

The only thing the FLEEBAGGERS and their enablers, the left-wing lame stream moron media, don't do is explain who is going to pay for all of these government subsidies when the lazy jerk-offs quit working and go on the government dole with their "improved life-style"!!!!!


TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski
 
Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One could only hope that the spineless duped Boob number one is only in his twenty's and has to work another 60 years for retirement. Rolling Boob Job is probably living on the governmet "dole" the way he supports his messiah the "giver" and Boob Job is a liberal " taker" Banging Head Of course who knows how old the pusswad is because he doesn't have the ballz to post his name or pm me his address... Tough guy PUSSWAD Rolling


Jerry Mock
 
Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
who is going to pay for all of these government subsidies when the lazy jerk-offs quit working and go on the government dole with their "improved life-style"!!!!!TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!OBAMAVILLE is on the horizon and closing RAPIDLY!!!!!Later, Bill Koski



Is that muck you talking about????????????
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep, Dupee $1400 a week clear for sitting on ASS My wife's business is her business! Her job her money!!! Plus her SS and retirement! I busted my A$$ for over 45 years for what I have and now I'm reaping the rewards!!


Jerry Mock
 
Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Republicans are a JOKE......

Look, we have all seen the sabre rattling between the Republican factions—especially between the Tea Party and establishment wings of the Party. In December, House Speaker Boehner seemed to reach a breaking point when he called conservative groups like The Heritage Foundation and FreedomWorks “ridiculous” and exclaimed that they had “lost all credibility.”
And certainly conservative groups have been seething over the recent budget deal and the passage of the farm bill because it didn’t include the wholesale cuts they sought.



Republicans, eyeing elections, paper over divisions Reuters

But it wasn’t until this past week that we saw leaders of certain GOP groups in essence lay out a specific battle plan. First, former Representative Steve LaTourette announced last Friday the formation of a new Republican PAC whose goal is “beat the snot out of” Tea Party Congressional candidates. LaTourette, a moderate, boasted that he hoped to beat Tea Party candidates in eight to ten races in the 2014 midterm election.

READ MORE Boycotting the Israel Boycotters

Then on Monday, president of The Tea Party aligned FreedomWorks, Matt Kibbe, ratcheted up the war talk by pledging to unseat the 28 Republicans who recently voted to raise the debt ceiling. Their “hit list” includes House Majority leader Eric Cantor and Speaker Boehner, whom Kibbe bluntly stated had, "failed in his duty to represent the people and as a result, it is time for him to go.”

And on Wednesday, while appearing on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Rep. Peter King suggested that Rand Paul has no place in the GOP because the Kentucky Senator had filed a class action lawsuit stemming from his opposition to the NSA surveillance program. While King has long been critical of Paul for his opposition to the NSA program, this is first time he appeared to be calling for Paul’s expulsion from the GOP.

READ MORE GOP’s Working Mom Schizo

It truly appears that we are on the verge of a reckoning within the GOP beyond simply the targeting of a few seats. Who will win is anyone’s guess, in part, because there are so many Republican factions fighting each other. Indeed, the three day Battle of Gettysburg was easier to follow because there were only two sides, the North led by General George Meade and the Confederates headed up by General Robert E. Lee.

The Republican Party conflict, in contrast, pits three or even four groups of combatants against each other and features numerous battle lines. We have establishment Republicans led by people like Peter King. There are the Tea Party Republicans featuring Ted Cruz and his cohorts. Then there’s the libertarian wing headed by Rand Paul.

READ MORE The JFK Assassination in LEGO

And arguably, there’s a fourth group seeking control of the GOP: the religious social conservatives such as Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee. Although this GOP faction seems less focused on fighting with fellow Republicans and more concerned about “women’s libidos.”

While from the outside it seems like a massive battle is brewing, not all Republican leaders agree. Grover Norquist, president of the influential Americans for Tax Reform, told me via email that there’s actually a, “high level of agreement within the Republican Party and conservative movement on central questions.” He also touted the success of the GOP in controlling governorships and State legislatures, commenting, “if this is what division looks like. I will take it.” Norquist did, though, candidly note that, “there are outliers always willing to give a self-destructive quotation.”

READ MORE Col. Sen: Good Thing James Holmes Had That 100-Round Magazine

However, Norquist did have some sharp remarks for Rep. Peter King, whom he described as, “not a wing of the party. Barely a feather. He speaks for himself.” And in response to King’s remarks earlier this week Rand Paul shouldn’t be part of the GOP, Norquist responded that New York Congressman is, “not the king or pope able to excommunicate those he is losing to in this present debate.” Norquist added that Paul is known nationally while, “Peter King is not known outside of those circles where IRA is not understood to refer to a retirement system.” (It’s a reference to King’s support of the Irish Republican Army.)

Could Norquist be right? Is the media overblowing the division within the GOP? Tough to say but even in Norquist’s comments denying that a Gettysburg type GOP battle was on the horizon did reveal there was at the very least growing tension within his Party.

READ MORE Accused Pol Won’t Release Sexual Harassment Report

The outcome of the GOP civil war is impossible to predict with any certainty.

In time we will know if this was nothing more than sabre rattling or an all out war for control of the GOP. But keep in mind that even after the Battle of Gettysburg which was seen as the turning point of the Civil War, the hostilities continued for two more years.

READ MORE Can a Senator Stop a Union?

One thing is certain: every resource that the Republican Party expends fighting each other is one less they have to do battle with Democrats in the general elections. Bottom line is that the real winner in this civil war may not be any faction of the GOP—but actually the Democrats.
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Morning ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo Banging Head


Jerry Mock
 
Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
READ MORE Can a Senator Stop a Union?


What was the winning argument? Jarvis said people on the fence were persuaded by a clause in the Neutrality Agreement negotiated between Volkswagen and the UAW before the election, which established this as one of the principles of collective bargaining: "maintaining and where possible enhancing the cost advantages and other competitive advantages that VWGOA enjoys relative to its competitors in the United States and North America." In other words, keeping wages and benefits from getting too high relative to the already-unionized Big Three automakers in Detroit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...ga-volkswagen-plant/
 
Posts: 2964 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
READ MORE Can a Senator Stop a Union?


What was the winning argument? Jarvis said people on the fence were persuaded by a clause in the Neutrality Agreement negotiated between Volkswagen and the UAW before the election, which established this as one of the principles of collective bargaining: "maintaining and where possible enhancing the cost advantages and other competitive advantages that VWGOA enjoys relative to its competitors in the United States and North America." In other words, keeping wages and benefits from getting too high relative to the already-unionized Big Three automakers in Detroit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...ga-volkswagen-plant/



Tennessee legislators threaten to withhold incentives if VW workers choose UAW.


That about sums it up.
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The uaw, created by a devout commie and run like a commie dictatorship for nigh on 80 years!!!!!
The uaw membership HAS NEVER had any input on who the top tier officials are!!!!!


TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski
 
Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
READ MORE Can a Senator Stop a Union?


What was the winning argument? Jarvis said people on the fence were persuaded by a clause in the Neutrality Agreement negotiated between Volkswagen and the UAW before the election, which established this as one of the principles of collective bargaining: "maintaining and where possible enhancing the cost advantages and other competitive advantages that VWGOA enjoys relative to its competitors in the United States and North America." In other words, keeping wages and benefits from getting too high relative to the already-unionized Big Three automakers in Detroit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...ga-volkswagen-plant/



Tennessee legislators threaten to withhold incentives if VW workers choose UAW.


That about sums it up.


"We felt like we were already being treated very well by Volkswagen in terms of pay and benefits and bonuses," said Sean Moss, who voted against the UAW. "We also looked at the track record of the UAW. Why buy a ticket on the Titanic?" he added.

Many workers believed that the union had hurt operations at plants run by General Motors Co, Ford Motor Co and Chrysler, now a part of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, he said

http://www.reuters.com/article...dUSBREA1D1DP20140215

Some workers who voted no also cited the two-tier wage contracts at Detroit 3 factories and noted that some VW workers in Chattanooga make more than new U.S. hires at General Motors, Ford and Chrysler plants

http://www.autonews.com/articl...rive-at-tenn.-plant#

Seem like the workers sum it up better.
 
Posts: 2964 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with the employees making a free decision. I do not understand why the governor and state senator had to open their mouths with veiled threats about what might happen if the workers voted a certain way. Both acted poorly and openly politically.
 
Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/...ga-volkswagen-plant/


Politicians and Repubs is what killed the vote.

They didn't want the little guy to be in the position of making his own decisions.

VW management was in favor of organizing.




The loss came in spite of an unprecedented level of support from the company being organized. Frank Fischer, CEO and chairman of Volkswagen Chattanooga -- who had encouraged the idea of starting a German-style "works council" at the plant, like those in place at Volkswagen's other factories -- even seemed saddened by the outcome.
 
Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 44 
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Republicans are a joke......

© DragRaceResults.com 2024