DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Allen west is denigrating sheep!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Allen West is a smart cookie, not to mention he took his oath of enlistment and office seriously..

How many would put a 9mm to a terrorist head and demand information that would save lives? Then ask how many would claim it was torture and should not have been done.. He's a sheep dog they are the sheep..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
David, how is the XDS Springfield in .45 in the hands of a woman? Ease of operation (racking the slide), safety, etc. They tell me the recoil is not bad.

The specs says with a flush magazine, it holds 5+1 with 5 in the mag, and 1 in the chamber.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Mine is too big for the wife to hold comfortably, same with the Beretta.
When I mentioned her shooting it at the dealer they rolled their eyes and said it might not be a good thing. I don't think it would necessarily be the recoil as much as not being able to hold on to it with a weak grip.
The safeties shouldn't be an issue, the web between thumb and forefinger depresses the grip safety and it is very light, same with the trigger safety, very light pressure to release it.

My wife doesn't have the strength to rack the slide on the Springfield. She struggled to rack a Glock in both .380 and 9mm. That's why I went with the revolver. She played with a regular weight Taurus in .380 and when she held the ultra lite it was immediately her choice.
She hasn't shot much at all and that was years ago. I figure she is better off having something she likes and can handle easily. I'm not real crazy about a .380 as I think throwing it at someone will cause almost as much damage as shooting them, but it is better than nothing.. I told her if she is ever put in the position she has to use it to just keep pulling the trigger until it clicks..

I also bought her a laser lite/ practice round to practice with before we get to the range so she can get familiar with it..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I am still looking for an opportunity to take the CC test. I have a Springfield Micro .45 that is about the smallest thing I can still hold onto. (Big old hands and little gun problems....wait...nevermind..)
I haven't found a practical/comfortable CC holster yet.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I haven't started looking for a holster yet, well almost true..lol I went to an Army Surplus and was going to buy a shoulder holster but a buckle was missing. So, I just carry it in my pocket..

Dave

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Just noticed your last sentence Wes.

The Springfield I bought came with 2, 13 round magazines. Real bytch for me to load after you get to 8 though.. Arthritis in my right hand is getting pretty bad.

Dave

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post

Very similar to this photo. Mine is a 4" barrel. This one is a 5 1/2".

I think I am going to give my daughter this little Colt Police Positive Special in .32-20. The gun was made in 1920 and is in remarkable good shape. The .32/20 is not so powerful but will scare shiot out of anyone, I suspect. At least it is safe and easy to use. I would not worry about her shooting off her kneecap as bad. I will tell her to leave the hammer on an empty chamber.

These little guns are fairly expensive but I have had this one for a long spell.

I think it would be cool to pack this little antique Colt six shooter.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:

The Springfield I bought came with 2, 13 round magazines. Real bytch for me to load after you get to 8 though.. Arthritis in my right hand is getting pretty bad.

Dave

I could see where it would be a handfull. I had a Berretta once that held 14 9mm and my hands are small and I swapped it. The literature tells these little XDS's in .45 to hold 5 in a flush mag and one in the chamber. I don't know.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:

Dave

I could see where it would be a handfull. I had a Berretta once that held 14 9mm and my hands are small and I swapped it. The literature tells these little XDS's in .45 to hold 5 in a flush mag and one in the chamber. I don't know.

We may be talking about 2 different XD's

I notice a similar XD called XD Mod 2 looks to have a smaller magazine, but it shows 9 capacity..

Post up a link..

I think it would be interesting/cool to carry that old colt in a western style holster.. Attention getter for sure..lol

Although we will have open carry after the first of the year, it's highly unlikely I will do so.. Can't see making myself a target for anti gun dummies for one ( as I do have somewhat of a temper when pushed)and if the bad guy don't know you are carrying then that just gives you one advantage over them..

Dave

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I think open carry is just asking for some kind of trouble.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
I think open carry is just asking for some kind of trouble.

Yep..

I agree that it's our right to do so, but the trouble from open carry will come from the liberal idiots that think they should be allowed to tell us what's right or wrong or how we should live.

Then there is the idiot that will misuse the right.

Dave

Dave

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I just think there will be some (you see them at Wal Mart everyday) that will be too ignorant about it.

Just because you carry a gun, does not mean that you will prevail. To prevail, one must be deliberate, and I don't think many will be that deliberate.

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post

If I was going to open carry, this is what I would pack on my hip. Hawes .44 magnum. The .44 will bring home the bacon.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Double Thumbs up

Dave

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Guns used by LA deputies put officers, public at risk, report says

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's recent transition to a new handgun for deputies has coincided with a sharp increase in accidental shootings, "putting officers and the public at risk,"

First on CNN:

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Grandma / Gpa,

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Ex-Lobsterman who fought off intruder could face eviction for gun

A retired Maine lobsterman who fought off an intruder -- shooting him with a gun he bought less than a day earlier for protection against intruders -- now is fighting his landlord, who is warning he could face eviction for possession of the weapon.

Harry Lembo, 67, said he armed himself with a 1943 Russian-made revolver on Aug. 31 after five burglaries in six years at his Rockland apartment complex. The next day, Lembo shot and wounded a man he believed had broken into his apartment to steal prescription medication he uses for chronic pain, according to the Bangor Daily News.
But Lembo's battle was just beginning.

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Obama to impose new gun control curbs next week

HONOLULU — President Obama will meet with Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch on Monday to finalize a set of executive actions on guns that he will unveil next week, according to several individuals briefed on the matter.

UPDATE: THE OBAMA GUN GRAB...

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Take note if you own a firearm!!!
A 53-46 vote
The U.N. Resolution 2117 lists 21 points dealing with firearms control, but perhaps of most interest is point number 11:
"CALLS FOR MEMBER STATES TO SUPPORT WEAPONS COLLECTION and DISARMAMENT of all UN countries".
By a 53-46 vote - The U.S. Senate voted against the U.N. resolution.
This is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around...reloading.
Now, which 46 Senators voted to destroy us? Well, let their names become known ! See below . If you vote in one of the states listed with these 46 "legis..traitors". vote against them.
In a 53-46 vote, the Senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.
The Statement of Purpose from the Senate Bill reads: "To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty." The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry, now get this, on all private guns and ammo.
Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.
Here are the 46 senators who voted to give your rights to the U.N.:
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennett (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
Folks, this needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN take OUR guns. They need to lose their next election. We have been betrayed.
46 Senators Voted to Give your 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post