DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had nothing to speekth of after the poor showing of my drivers a week ago. It looks like there back on track after this weekend. The hopper, in to the late rounds once again. Mustang going straight and printing time slips. Cricket's lights are coming around after being scared of the dreaded red eye. Many hours of practice on his cell phone practice tree. just can't seem to slow that little car down. 110 lbs extra and it won't hit 7.90

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J T:
I spent my Sunday the 15th at Quaker City Raceway, for an all day test and tune sponsored by the Hollywood Nights.

I have not been to that track since the new ownership. I was racing my newest race car the year before it closed, and then the transition happened.

The car ran a 9.45 at 145 MPH.

Since then I have replaced the SBC with a BBC that runs in the 8's at PRP.

This day at QCR the car blew the tires off twice. So for my shake down runs for 2014, while PRP is closed for track repair, I was not able to determine anything, and will need to go back to my home track, once it reopens.

Coming back to QCR for some good test & tuning was a lose of time and money for me. I had one friend that had the same problem.

So it seemed to me that if you had a high horse power car you were not getting hooked up at this track on this day.

I know they raced on this track the day before, so I have a hard time believing the traction was this bad.

So I would suggest if you wanted to join into a track rental for the purposes of doing test and tune, you need to make sure the track is prepped for full racing.

For QPR people that read this, I hope in the future that track surface preparation is better than it was yesterday the 15th, when people spend good money to come to your race, expecting a fully prepped track.

If you are telling me that is as good as it gets, then I will not be back to race at your track.

Jack Tortorete

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Are you sure your car is setup right for the added horsepower? Sometimes you need to figure out for sure what the problem is before placing the blame.
They had small tire car dip into the low 5s just a week ago so maybe you should ask the club what kind of track prep the paid for, they may not of paid for track prep thinking day after a race it would be fine.

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
well did your car club pay for the sticky stuff?because the night prior to this event i had the best 60 foot ever.1.066 in my pos dragster!and i have been to other tracks on test and tune nights and have had the same issues..bring your car out on a race day.it will be much better.and also all those street cars and street tires dont help traction either..just saying.bill prest jr #911 dragster..POS..

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
J T

If you have questions on comments, please use the Reply button to add your comments to the current track thread. You do not need to start a new discussion to enter new comments.

Thanks

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think we scared him away Mr Moderator. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Big congrats to Clint on the top class win Saturday. See what happens when you quit pissin with the dam thing and just drive it..

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats Clint!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
George that is what pissing with it got me. Had to find out what it liked.
Thanks Chuck and George

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JX88
posted Hide Post
Congrads Clint !! Nice win !

Posts: 25 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
congrats!!you bad ass!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
Bill you didn't do to bad of job taking lemons and making lemonade yourself.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My drivers will be on there own this weekend as the madman takes his yearly trip to mid ohio for vintage days. This is were us old coots relive our motocross days of the early 70's. It's a good time and i don't have to listen to some winey kids telling me how the car screwed them from winning.

DRR Trophy
Picture of 318Y
posted Hide Post
What time we leaving madman ?

Team Rocky
Brian Yanchik

RJ Race Cars
Domhoff Racing Engines
Race Flow Development
Abruzzi Converters

Posts: 119 | Location: Pa. | Registered: March 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The crew from Open Throttle 360 would like to thank the staff at Quaker City Motorsports Park for their hospitality and cooperation in our effort to shoot a segment for our show at Street Night Wednesday night. We wanted to shoot a segment with Mike and Glenda Hake and their sleds racing against some street cars. Mike, Glenda, Norm, AJ and everyone else on the staff went out of their way to help us get done with what we went there to do. Also appreciate Vinny plugging our show on the PA all night long. The segment we shot Wednesday will air Saturday Aug 19 at 11 AM on Root Sports (the same channel that carries the Pirates and Penguins games). You will also be able to catch the show on our website Openthrottle360.com. You've got a great facility and some great people running it. Thanks again.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
i don't have to listen to some winey kids telling me how the car screwed them from winning.

Eyes Laughing Big Grin

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
looks like i'll be heading out saturday morning at sun up. gps says 3 hours. might have to stop for a nap about half way. hoping to find a nice hodaka super rat at the swap meet and some ct70 parts.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
looks like i'll be heading out saturday morning at sun up. gps says 3 hours. might have to stop for a nap about half way.

photo 549ce40e-73b5-46e6-8984-9d625090ea2b_zpsbe2965f1.jpg

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
One can only imagine the chaos in the Megateam camp without the "Patriarch" Madman there to keep things under control!! Hum Eyes

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
back from vintage days at the mid ohio complex. rode a total of 18 miles and never left the complex. dosn't sound like alot but on a 1970 hodaka ace 100 it's a little hard on the ars. As predicted,my little hodaka was the show stopper. couldn't go 50 feet without somebody flagging me down to look. got word thru the day of the progress from my drivers at the track and again as predicted the cricket got the redlightitas back and was gone the first round. hopper, after switching to the dragster,slips past the 1 round only to ,i guess (HAVE THE CAR SCREW HIM AGAIN) The full squad will be there friday for some tuning and seat time.